E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > usc...*facepalm*

09-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #23
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Late on this but That game was horrible, play wise. Haha. Hopefully Washington can pick up a few more win so that USC's loss won't looks so bad. Haha

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #24
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokdo View Post
Quarterbacks do play a HUGE HUGE role in the overall performance of your team. I played high school ball and once your starting QB is hurt or out of the game, well you better pray to hell the rest of your team can pull through ( which in my personal experience, almost never happened ). Not to mention that second string qb's just can't command the field as much as the main QB. There is a reason that Barkley was the starting QB. Speaking from an unbiased point of view, if your starting players aren't on the field, teams who shouldn't lose will lose to teams they shouldn't. I will also admit that USC didn't step up this game either and probably underestimated wash but would there have been a different outcome had barkley played? definately.
Agreed. It makes a big difference if your starter qb is out. The team just doesn't feel all there.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #25
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

If we'd just quit playing Pac-10 games on the road, we'd be fine

Corp should have been using the strength of the VERY DEEP running team he's got, but McKnight got hurt (AGAIN) and they didn't seem to hand it to anyone else, so he kept throwing it away.

Sark knew EXACTLY what it would take to beat them, and he did it. "I Bark for Sark" shirts were classic!

I feel sorry for Washington St. next weekend, I detect some serious run-up on the score. Then with that, the Cal game will be a real battle.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #26
Aurora Bearialis
¡Barça!
Spain
Rep
Drives: Rainbow Sandals

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
      09-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #27
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
Who cares if the quarter back sucked in this game. If your offense is sucking badly, shouldn't your defense take command? Look at the Bears in the NFL. Rex was a terrible QB yet they still won games cause their defense was impenetrable. Blaming the lose on one guy is just people pointing the fingers at other people cause they cant accept that they lost fair and square.
Isn't every major sport a team sport? You guys lose, its not one guy that loses, its the whole team.
You could also blame this on Mark Sanchez and call him a sellout, otherwise USC would still have him and they probably would've done much better in this game.
      09-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #28
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespeed117 View Post
Who cares if the quarter back sucked in this game. If your offense is sucking badly, shouldn't your defense take command? Look at the Bears in the NFL. Rex was a terrible QB yet they still won games cause their defense was impenetrable. Blaming the lose on one guy is just people pointing the fingers at other people cause they cant accept that they lost fair and square.
Isn't every major sport a team sport? You guys lose, its not one guy that loses, its the whole team.
You could also blame this on Mark Sanchez and call him a sellout, otherwise USC would still have him and they probably would've done much better in this game.
Again not blaming on one guy but you need a qb to at least win a game last time I checked regardless of how good your defense is. Barkley is no Tebow but if florida qb got hurt you wouldnt think that is key?? More of a chance of Florida losing without there key QB. Sometimes that one guy is key to a victory. Please dont compare the NFL to college football either, 2 different ways of playing. I believe you can only understand this point of view if you actually play college ball. Watching from the sideline its easy to judge if you never played but if you have played then good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #29
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
+1 college ball and prof football are very different.

& for the record, you can't get to the bcs champ with just a good defense... and being one dimensional on offense is a major drawback, even for teams with great depth like USC. just look at how gtech lost to miami

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 02:31 AM   #30
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
i know that defense wont win you a BCS champ on its own but in this scenario, it should've help win the game. USC defense has always been pretty good so what happened in this game?
      09-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #31
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespeed117 View Post
i know that defense wont win you a BCS champ on its own but in this scenario, it should've help win the game. USC defense has always been pretty good so what happened in this game?
In this game USC defense didnt play that bad but when you have your quarterback throwing into double coverage and not converting on 3rd downs the defense spends more time on the field which leads to fatigue which then leads to mistakes. In college football a little bit of offense and good defense wins games. No offense and just defense doesnt win games if you dont put points on the board in college football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0