E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My 4/50 warranty is expiring in 3 weeks. . .

10-23-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
Mick the Quick
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive 4D 6MT

My 4/50 warranty is expiring in 3 weeks. . .

So, like the caption says, my bumper-to-bumper and maintenance warranties are expiring in 3 weeks. My 335xi will then be 4 years old and have about 45,000 miles. My car is CPO so it would be covered by that limited warranty for 2 more years, but I did not purchase the maintenance warranty extension.

IIRC, I have read people having the dealer do an inspection prior to warranty expiration to see if there are anything that could be fixed or done while in warranty. Do you normally have to pay for this inspection, or is this included as a part of the alleged multi-point inspection they do with every oil service (I expect to do a non-warranty-paid oil and filter change before expiration)?

With the revisions effective 1/2014, CPO warranty appears to cover more things, including the Navi and entertainment system, but I don't want to be caught up in the exclusions.

My dealer changed the brake fluid early without my prompting, and at this point the maintenance computer shows that no other maintenance items are due any time soon. Actually, I will ask for the wipers to be changed out.

I would love to hear your experiences in this regard. Thank you.

Mick
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

Wait they do multi point inspections with oil changes?

I was told they only do an oil change when you pay for an oil change.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
Logical415
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

They do multipoint at my dealership anytime I bring it in, always warranty work and I have a year left. I don't trust they look for "issues" mainly check brakes and tires.

I plan on getting an independent inspection from a trusty Indy shop prior to my warranty expiring.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #4
krahooligan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick the Quick View Post
So, like the caption says, my bumper-to-bumper and maintenance warranties are expiring in 3 weeks. My 335xi will then be 4 years old and have about 45,000 miles. My car is CPO so it would be covered by that limited warranty for 2 more years, but I did not purchase the maintenance warranty extension.

IIRC, I have read people having the dealer do an inspection prior to warranty expiration to see if there are anything that could be fixed or done while in warranty. Do you normally have to pay for this inspection, or is this included as a part of the alleged multi-point inspection they do with every oil service (I expect to do a non-warranty-paid oil and filter change before expiration)?

With the revisions effective 1/2014, CPO warranty appears to cover more things, including the Navi and entertainment system, but I don't want to be caught up in the exclusions.

My dealer changed the brake fluid early without my prompting, and at this point the maintenance computer shows that no other maintenance items are due any time soon. Actually, I will ask for the wipers to be changed out.

I would love to hear your experiences in this regard. Thank you.

Mick
this just happened to me too. I brought my car to my indy and he did a head to toe inspection on my car and found a few things that needed attention. this was about 100 dollars. once I had this info, I brought my car to the stealership as I still had 1 week on my warranty and told them all these things that were wrong with it. they looked into and ended up replacing all parts free of charge. there was a bit of negotiation, but in the end, it was all taken care of.
Appreciate 0