E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New to the site and BMW

12-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
ChrisCGT
Rep
Drives: 335i

New to the site and BMW

I am getting a 2008 BMW 335i delivered to me next week. well i was wondering what i am able to do to a BMW under the warranty. The car has 25k, and no mods yet. Is there anything i can do to up the boost or add horsepower without voiding anything? I am new to the foreign cars, i have always owned a Mustang but i am finally getting rid of it and getting the BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Welcome to the forum. There should be tons of threads on the subject of modding available for you. Cheers.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
jjwalker54
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Is it a 335i coupe or sedan?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

JB4 easiest gains in HP, it autodeletes tuner codes so is pretty much undetectable by bmw
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [7.00]
jb all the way
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
N55
ⒸⒺⓇⓉⓘⒻⒾⒺⒹ✬ⓃⒾⓃⒿⒶ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 🚀

Garage List
To not void your warranty get BMW performance parts, but is no the most effective way for getting more HP and it is expensive. To still retain a warranty use Dinan parts, but is expensive also but has a good HP gain. (Dinian Matches BMW warranty) The cheapest way to get more hp is Procede or JB3, but you have to be careful and make sure all the codes are taken care of and if they are doing major engine work you have to take it off the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #7
Penn999
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCGT View Post
I am getting a 2008 BMW 335i delivered to me next week. well i was wondering what i am able to do to a BMW under the warranty. The car has 25k, and no mods yet. Is there anything i can do to up the boost or add horsepower without voiding anything? I am new to the foreign cars, i have always owned a Mustang but i am finally getting rid of it and getting the BMW.
Give Chad STETT a call a STETT performance, he should be semi local to you in Texas. Great products and great service, first talk to your SA and see if they are, "mod friendly." if they are, go aftermarket, if not DINAN might be your only choice if you want to keep that warranty. Procede is the best tune out there. Do your research. Chad might be able to offer advice on a "cool" dealership as well.
07' MT, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance LED Steering Wheel, HPF FMIC, AA BOV, HPF Exhaust, DCI, Procede V5, AR Stage 1 oil cooler, AR OCC, AR CL DP's, Vishnu Meth Kit, UUC SSK+DSSR, UUC Shift knob, (19 inch)VMR V715's/Yokohama Advan AD08's, Hartge Pedals and Floor Mats. Awaiting Install: M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, Full M3 suspension bits, AST 4100's, DSS axles. Future plans: Vishnu Single turbo kit
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
JB4 easiest gains in HP, it autodeletes tuner codes so is pretty much undetectable by bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh06lau View Post
jb all the way
bah!!

if you looking to mod the car to any extent I would go with Procede or JB4 once its fully tested. Procede has been the most advanced tune by far while the JB is trying to catch up but still cant control Timing at all.

do your research and make your own decision, you could try both.
      12-20-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
16M4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
bah!!

if you looking to mod the car to any extent I would go with Procede or JB4 once its fully tested. Procede has been the most advanced tune by far while the JB is trying to catch up but still cant control Timing at all.

do your research and make your own decision, you could try both.
This has been bugging me about people and their Procede tunes. JB is as safe as many other tunes out there. Currently, if not mistaken, JB holds the record of being the fastest. If these facts are true, what makes you guys say that Procede is the best? Just because you have Procede, it doesn't mean that it is the best.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
This has been bugging me about people and their Procede tunes. JB is as safe as many other tunes out there. Currently, if not mistaken, JB holds the record of being the fastest. If these facts are true, what makes you guys say that Procede is the best? Just because you have Procede, it doesn't mean that it is the best.
Unless I'm mistake Procede holds the et and trap records for e9x (no nitrous). Regardless, that's not an indication of anything. Also, there really shouldn't be an argument about what is better at this point. The jb is a boost controller, not a tune by most tuner's standards. Please do your research and not turn this into a debate. And talk to others who have tried both. There are many many people who fall into this category.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #11
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
LOL

edit..... Do some research.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 12-20-2010 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCGT View Post
Good warranty combos are:

A) JB+ w/ optional CT tool. The JB+ installs/removes in less than a minute and adds around 40hp to the wheels. The CT connects to the OBDII port and lets you read/delete any potential hidden codes keeping you safe at the dealer.
B) JB4 PnP. Gains around 70-80rw on 93 octane otherwise stock, has built in deletion of any hidden codes, in dash displays, steering wheel map selection, super smooth performance, etc. It's a very cool setup and coming out soon. The JB3 is good also but the JB4 is vastly improved.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #13
Penn999
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

here we go...
07' MT, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance LED Steering Wheel, HPF FMIC, AA BOV, HPF Exhaust, DCI, Procede V5, AR Stage 1 oil cooler, AR OCC, AR CL DP's, Vishnu Meth Kit, UUC SSK+DSSR, UUC Shift knob, (19 inch)VMR V715's/Yokohama Advan AD08's, Hartge Pedals and Floor Mats. Awaiting Install: M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, Full M3 suspension bits, AST 4100's, DSS axles. Future plans: Vishnu Single turbo kit
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
packinDSS
Lead Foot
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan

Welcome to the forums.....as you can see the JB4 and Procede have many loyal followers. It can be like Democrats and Republicans in here sometimes......most times....

Anyway I have GIAC Flash stage 2 and it is flawless and supports map changing on the fly. It is also invisible to the dealer where as the Procede and JB will need to be removed to avoid detection. The power is the same as the JB4 and Procede. If you dont want a flash then I would go with the Procede. The Procede has always been ahead of the JB products. JB tends to play catch up but usually has a better price.

IMHO
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #15
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
JB also holds the records for most motors blown
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #16
e93WhiteonRed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 Alpine white with Red

Garage List
2007 335I E93  [0.00]
Quote:

Alfred - While some people just boast about their tune becasue they think it's the best.... keep in mind that there are a lot of us out there that actually made the switch and their comments are based off of drivability and smoothness, not just because they had to justify the cost by making the most noise.

Doesn't anyone remember that poll that was taken regarding why you switched and which tune did you like better... A ton of procede users were actually converts from the JB world... Myself included.
      12-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #17
packinDSS
Lead Foot
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan

I converted from Procede to GIAC Flash Stage 2. I think GIAC flash is the minority in here.

Although the Procede is a great product I much prefer the Giac Flash. I think if the JB was priced the same as a Procede or viceversa the Procede would be the clear winner. The good price sells the JB.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #18
Dvdman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 and 2007 M6

Welcome.....
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #19
16M4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Unless I'm mistake Procede holds the et and trap records for e9x (no nitrous). Regardless, that's not an indication of anything. Also, there really shouldn't be an argument about what is better at this point. The jb is a boost controller, not a tune by most tuner's standards. Please do your research and not turn this into a debate. And talk to others who have tried both. There are many many people who fall into this category.
I have done my research. If I remember correctly, I am not the one who always turns every thread about tunes into a debate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
LOL

edit..... Do some research.
Done that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvieira24 View Post
JB also holds the records for most motors blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by e93WhiteonRed View Post
Alfred - While some people just boast about their tune becasue they think it's the best.... keep in mind that there are a lot of us out there that actually made the switch and their comments are based off of drivability and smoothness, not just because they had to justify the cost by making the most noise.

Doesn't anyone remember that poll that was taken regarding why you switched and which tune did you like better... A ton of procede users were actually converts from the JB world... Myself included.
This may be the fact. I've said this before and I'll say it again; I am a JB3 user. I am not saying that JB3 is better than Procede or vice versa. All I am saying is that, I think we all have had enough of these debates/arguments about JB vs Procede. People seem to always bring it up and every thread goes down the toilet.
Appreciate 0