E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How do you cope with it?

01-30-2018, 02:33 PM   #45
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Vancouver is ghetto? I never knew that.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #46
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Never been on Hastings st on a summer Saturday night.....ever watch new jack city before.......well it looks worse than the drug building scene in that movie,which is bad lol!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #47
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylengraver View Post
This is going to sound controversial, bordering on stupid, but I really think Vancouver weather does tend to fuck me up real bad sometimes.
I mean it. The led-like heavy claustrophobic clouds, perpetual dark and gloom and weeks of constant rain can destroy you.
Did you consider moving somewhere less depressing?
I know I did, and it may happen soon.
What are you talking about? We have great weather, only rain once a year... from September to like April
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #48
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I'm not exactly in Vancouver, I'm in a city near it. My city is really big that its split into 6 districts. Sadly the part I'm in currently is not the best. I am moving to a different area tomorrow! Getting the key to my new house. Its in a sorta better area.
      01-30-2018, 03:27 PM   #49
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
I'm not exactly in Vancouver, I'm in a city near it. My city is really big that its split into 6 districts. Sadly the part I'm in currently is not the best. I am moving to a different area tomorrow! Getting the key to my new house. Its in a sorta better area.
do you have to send 2 tributes once a year into a battle to the death to win food?

just a joke to cheer you up
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 03:29 PM   #50
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
do you have to send 2 tributes once a year into a battle to the death to win food?

just a joke to cheer you up
about 3 and half tributes

they have guns for the battles but it seems like people can't hit their target or confirm a kill
      01-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #51
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
about 3 and half tributes

they have guns for the battles but it seems like people can't hit their target or confirm a kill
Gary , perhaps you need a cute looking GF ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1457.50
      01-30-2018, 03:37 PM   #52
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Gary , perhaps you need a cute looking GF ?
instagram.com/namsaur

check my latest post haha
      01-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #53
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
instagram.com/namsaur

check my latest post haha
Gary ,You lucky bastard ! She looks really cute
You should be happy my friend , an ///M3 and a girlfriend !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
ItsGary1457.50
Soul_Glo13346.00
      01-30-2018, 10:10 PM   #54
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

We are caught up in a world of labels and diagnosis. Doctors told me 6 years ago that I had 3 years. They were confident about it. I was misdiagnosed several times. Consultants arguing over what I had. I had 3-4 different labels for illness. That's when I decided to take things into my own hands. Last year I was discharged by 3 hospitals saying there was nothing wrong. I don't want to give you false hopes but encourage an open mind to the possibility there might not be something broken with you. Chemotherapy was being pushed on me for no reason up to my discharge. Ever read a book called Bad Pharma? Read it.

Anyhow since then my journey has led me down the alternative healing routes. I have learned that the body can be repaired but the psychological side of things takes longer. Louise L Hay speaks about emotional healing.

You said sadness but there was only a definition for depression. She defines this as the following:

Depression: Anger you feel you do not have a right to have. Hopelessness.

So when you say you are realistic are you hopeless? Do you feel angry about things? Believe you have no right to be angry? It is something to think about.

This is my list:

Comedy. I need a good laugh. Something to lighten the mood and lift me up.

# Go and see wifey to cure me from stress. Lay my head on her breasts. Sugar dumpling knows best... #

Try to be at peace with nature. Be it by a lake in a forest or on a beach, playing with the sand and, listening to the waves.

Read my gratitude journal. I started one this year. Everyday I write down one thing... something I look forward to, or a past achievement, or a happy memory or, something that was good about my day / made me smile. It is my anti-sadness guidebook because it is full of positivity / neutral factual evidence about me.

Sometimes I give back to the community. Seeing people happy or smile helps me whether I am sad or not. Volunteering in a homeless shelter to helping the elderly with their groceries.

I pray.

I use a Mindfulness mantra. I chant 'thank you' in my head to drown out the sadness. Mooji (a mindfulness teacher) says silence the mind. He talks about how we are hotels. Feelings check in but we shouldn't let them stay. Or sad feelings are like visitors and we need not serve tea to such unwanted guests. It goes a lot deeper and he talks about identity as a mask. The sadness as a mask we wear to label ourselves because we spend too much time in our heads. So he says: get out of your head.

Exercise. Usually boosts my mood.

Diet: I cut out as much sugar and salt as possible. Healthy eating has definitely lifted my mood. There is a strong research base between food and mood.

These are some of my ways. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
Appreciate 3
      01-30-2018, 11:03 PM   #55
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Gary, I think a lot of us in the NW (SW for you) deal with some seasonal depression this time of year. Do you find your mood picks up in the summer?

Personally, my wife and I plan at least 2 trips in the winter to GTFO of Seattle and get some sun. This year is Vegas and then Palm Springs. It helps immensely just knowing that's on the horizon a few weeks out.

Not sure if you are in a place in your life where a dog makes sense but there' a reason they call them "Man's Best friend." A dog will never judge you, never be tired of seeing you, doesn't care if you don't fit in, etc. Mine has helped me through some tough times just by sitting there looking dumb and not saying a word.

The other thing I do when I'm sad is immerse myself in something I'm good at, find challenging, or both. Whether it's some woodworking in my shop, repairing my motorcycles, fixing up my house, etc. Just getting my mind busy and finding a creative outlet works wonders for me.

best of luck, sir, and as many have so rightly said already you should definitely seek out a professional to talk to. A therapist who will listen and challenge you to address whatever the underlying issues may be can be a really beneficial thing.
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1457.50
      01-31-2018, 12:53 AM   #56
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Gary, I think a lot of us in the NW (SW for you) deal with some seasonal depression this time of year. Do you find your mood picks up in the summer?

Personally, my wife and I plan at least 2 trips in the winter to GTFO of Seattle and get some sun. This year is Vegas and then Palm Springs. It helps immensely just knowing that's on the horizon a few weeks out.

Not sure if you are in a place in your life where a dog makes sense but there' a reason they call them "Man's Best friend." A dog will never judge you, never be tired of seeing you, doesn't care if you don't fit in, etc. Mine has helped me through some tough times just by sitting there looking dumb and not saying a word.

The other thing I do when I'm sad is immerse myself in something I'm good at, find challenging, or both. Whether it's some woodworking in my shop, repairing my motorcycles, fixing up my house, etc. Just getting my mind busy and finding a creative outlet works wonders for me.

best of luck, sir, and as many have so rightly said already you should definitely seek out a professional to talk to. A therapist who will listen and challenge you to address whatever the underlying issues may be can be a really beneficial thing.
Sadly my little dog passed away this past December. She was with us for 6 years.

I'm gonna try to travel more once I get my car back and I'm settled into my new house.

As for a therapist, I've seen plenty of them throughout my life cause of my car accident when I was a little kid. They all say the same thing.
      01-31-2018, 10:27 AM   #57
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Sadly my little dog passed away this past December. She was with us for 6 years.

I'm gonna try to travel more once I get my car back and I'm settled into my new house.

As for a therapist, I've seen plenty of them throughout my life cause of my car accident when I was a little kid. They all say the same thing.
Oh sh*t man, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog passing. Well that's enough to send anyone south. My eldest just turned 12 and, well, let's just say I'm going to be a complete wreck for a good long time when she passes. Perhaps consider getting a new dog?

I think what me and others are trying to say about the doctor / therapist thing is that none of us are qualified to try to diagnose you and many of us have had similar issues and found help. Whether you have a chemical imbalance and need meds, a traumatic past and need counseling, have SAD and need a trip to a sunny place, or are just a little bummed out from time to time, we cannot definitively answer. But what we can all agree on is that you have a community right here of folks with similar experiences and we all want to see you get to a better place. We can give you tips and share experience but ultimately you have to take that bull by the horns and wrestle it. I'm probably not saying anything you don't already know, but hopefully it reaffirms for you that there's an answer out there. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 10:40 AM   #58
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

The answer to how one can cope with being sad is very simple:

Strengthen your physical being; your body. Lift weights. Push yourself in what you can achieve, physically. Eat the optimal kinds of foods to build physical strength. Get the optimal amount of sleep, every single night.

Why?

When the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. A strong body will be the greatest, most effective antidepressant you will ever find. I promise.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11462.50
      01-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #59
BuiltnBoostedZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535ix

One word. Doobage.
      01-31-2018, 11:27 AM   #60
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Booze
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 02:30 PM   #61
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post

Strengthen your physical being; your body. Lift weights. Push yourself in what you can achieve, physically. Eat the optimal kinds of foods to build physical strength. Get the optimal amount of sleep, every single night.

Why?

When the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. A strong body will be the greatest, most effective antidepressant you will ever find. I promise.
This is so true. I used to be pretty athletic up until I hit about 40. Then I found it too easy to make excuses about being too busy to work out. Then I herniated a disc in my back from a motorcycle mishap. Blah, blah, blah. Excuses excuses. Well this December my wife talked me into joining her gym and going with her to spin classes, cardio / weight circuit training, even yoga. My mood is 100% improved. I feel fantastic and so much less in the dumps than I normally am in winter. Not sure if its the exercise or just standing in the back of the class looking out over a sea of tight asses in yoga pants, but whatever it is it's working!
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      01-31-2018, 02:42 PM   #62
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
This is so true. I used to be pretty athletic up until I hit about 40. Then I found it too easy to make excuses about being too busy to work out. Then I herniated a disc in my back from a motorcycle mishap. Blah, blah, blah. Excuses excuses. Well this December my wife talked me into joining her gym and going with her to spin classes, cardio / weight circuit training, even yoga. My mood is 100% improved. I feel fantastic and so much less in the dumps than I normally am in winter. Not sure if its the exercise or just standing in the back of the class looking out over a sea of tight asses in yoga pants, but whatever it is it's working!
QUIT looking at my ass, makes me itch in downward dog!!!!
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11462.50
      01-31-2018, 02:43 PM   #63
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
QUIT looking at my ass, makes me itch in downward dog!!!!
Hey, if you don't want me lookin' at it, don't stuff it into those yoga pants. Go get yourself some baggy sweats. Yeah, that's right, you know you like the attention.

Downward dog is fine and all, but the view from the back of the room during cow pose is downright sensational. You simply CANNOT be in a bad mood in that situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 02:45 PM   #64
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Hey, if you don't want me lookin' at it, don't stuff it into those yoga pants. Go get yourself some baggy sweats. Yeah, that's right, you know you like the attention.
Fair's fair. But after I scratch my itchy ass, and then you get THAT mat for the next class, no complaining.

And if I wear baggy, then my nuts are what's itching . . .
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11462.50
      01-31-2018, 02:46 PM   #65
Titan9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e39 and e60 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post

Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster;

Not sure if its the exercise or just standing in the back of the class looking out over a sea of tight asses in yoga pants, but whatever it is it's working!

It's the tight asses. I played competitive soccer and lifted weights until i got hurt and had kids. Now I'm 39! i go to FX45 with my wife during my lunch hour for a quick workout and look at rear burger that is literally 2ft in front of my face at times.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11462.50
      01-31-2018, 02:49 PM   #66
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan9 View Post
It's the tight asses. I played competitive soccer and lifted weights until i got hurt and had kids. Now I'm 39! i go to FX45 with my wife during my lunch hour for a quick workout and look at rear burger that is literally 2ft in front of my face at times.
So that's it. I think our work is done here. We have definitively landed on a solution for the OP's sadness. Creep out in the back of the room with the other 40 year old pervs and look at some tail.

Good work Bimmerpost community!
Appreciate 2
smoosh2211.50