E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > WTD SWS-8 subs

10-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #23
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

In conclusion SELL THE THE SWS 8 TO MEEEEEEE!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #24
deepsrd
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i LCI

Would you be interested in Jehnert XE200s ?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #25
mistryn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsrd View Post
Would you be interested in Jehnert XE200s ?

I am after the sws 8 subs, thanks

Last edited by mistryn; 10-17-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #26
afsar
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40d

hello, I 'may' have a used sws-8 pair for sale soon. Perhaps in 2 weeks time. it is used have one woofer small repair done to a cone suspension but a very minor one. works flawlessely.

i m travelling abroad at the moment so may not have acess to web all the time. will return by month end.

Last edited by afsar; 10-17-2012 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 01:59 AM   #27
mistryn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afsar View Post
hello, I 'may' have a used sws-8 pair for sale soon. Perhaps in 2 weeks time. it is used have one woofer small repair done to a cone suspension but a very minor one. works flawlessely.

i m travelling abroad at the moment so may not have acess to web all the time. will return by month end.
you have PM
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #28
mistryn
Colonel
Rep

Bump still looking
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #29
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

FWIW i know of a place where you can get them for £300. I doubt this price betters anything you guys have seen but just thought i'd put it out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #30
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d MSport

mistryn - have you managed to source the other parts ie amp? is it true that you need a Line Output Converter too?

I'm thinking about the underseat subwoofer upgrade too - just trying to gather all the intel before I consider giving it the go ahead.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #31
mistryn
Colonel
Rep

I have now sourced the amp, apologies I have not replied to your thread but will do later on tonight to explain few things

just on my phone at the moment so bit difficult to copy and paste links, please bare with me
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #32
mistryn
Colonel
Rep

Thanks Mob thats sounds expensive, I may take that route if I cannot source any but not in any rush at the moment. Got a new amp coming so will try that out first
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #33
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
I have now sourced the amp, apologies I have not replied to your thread but will do later on tonight to explain few things

just on my phone at the moment so bit difficult to copy and paste links, please bare with me
Not a problem dude. I know how addictive this forum can be - that said, i've been off the scene for a while..busy with work commitments.

hope to hear from you later.

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #34
Siren_G
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp RWD, BMW E39 M5, L

this guy will suppply a pair of 4 ohm earthquake sws 8 for around 309 euros delivered - 250 pounds. i bought morel hybrids off him. - he's based in germany:-
he's contacting me on monday to confirm he has them in stock - that's when his next shipment is due- i can ask him about two sets and see what he says-he might do a discount? he's got 100% feedback:-

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/crazyworx-...p2047675.l2559

there's also a used set for sale on ebay with an amp but he won't split.
      10-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #35
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren_G View Post
this guy will suppply a pair of 4 ohm earthquake sws 8 for around 309 euros delivered - 250 pounds. i bought morel hybrids off him. - he's based in germany:-
he's contacting me on monday to confirm he has them in stock - that's when his next shipment is due- i can ask him about two sets and see what he says-he might do a discount? he's got 100% feedback:-

If you manage to get a decent discount then I might be in. Seen the one on ebay, and was wondering - with all the talk about wearing the subs in, would it be a better idea to get used rather than new SWS-8's?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #36
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:

that is a nice find Siren, what version of Morel Hybrid's has he got on sale, the tweeter, crossovers look very different to the Hybrid ovation II's I've got ? the price is great though
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #37
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

£250 for SWS new is a damn good price... if I didn't have the Jehnerts, I'd go for the SWS again! Had them in my last car and they were awesome!

You would need an LOC in the event you do not get a processor of somesort, such as the JBL MS8 / Audison Bit One.1 / JL Cleansweep and Many Many more....

The LOC is simply a line out convertor and it flattens the signal, giving you basic command over sound output. It doesn't do anything apart from that, no time alignment no nothing. It's useful if you don't rly want to tweak the sound or play with the sound to get it just right.. it's a very effective tool FWIW but note.... if you hear someone with a DSP / processor and then go back to your LOC, you WILL want to upgrade almost immediately if you're fussy.

The LOC's can be had for cheap so that's the only rly upside. Lots of threads on here explaining that just have a search. If u need more, there are many others much better aligned to give you info.

Please note though.. if you guys are looking for a real thump for the SWS-8's - forget it! It'll never reproduce bass the way dedicated subwoofers can. Firstly they're shallow, so that itself eliminates alot of the kick u get with more traditional 8" dedicated subs. Secondly, because they're positioned underseat, they need to be pushed well / hard for the ear to hear the sound it wants to hear and when you do push them hard, you ned to ensure you've got a decent amp able to supply it the power.

Hope this helps :-)
      10-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #38
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:

I could not find that. I am interested to see what amp is he matching with these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post

Please note though.. if you guys are looking for a real thump for the SWS-8's - forget it! It'll never reproduce bass the way dedicated subwoofers can. Firstly they're shallow, so that itself eliminates alot of the kick u get with more traditional 8" dedicated subs. Secondly, because they're positioned underseat, they need to be pushed well / hard for the ear to hear the sound it wants to hear and when you do push them hard, you ned to ensure you've got a decent amp able to supply it the power.

They are built to go into OEM space. And if you like bass, they do their job perfectly.
I guess it is how you set it up. I get a decent massage when they hit hard.
      10-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #39
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
£250 for SWS new is a damn good price... if I didn't have the Jehnerts, I'd go for the SWS again! Had them in my last car and they were awesome!
so they're good then?

Quote:

or maybe not...?

sorry if i'm misunderstanding you, but i think i'm hearing a mixed opinion. Or are you saying that they're good for the 'under-seat-bass' just not enough of a thump like a traditional bass box? (which kinda makes sense for all the reasons you stated, shallow, positioning etc)

furthermore, i've just been reading the Alpine upgrade thread (or the last 4 or 5 pages) and I seem to get the opinion that the Alpine upgrade is maybe the way to go as opposed to spending a good wack on the SWS-8's? (and yes I gather that the latter would be a pure sub upgrade and the former a whole system), but i'm at a loss as to which way to go? any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #40
onetwentie
Straight 6
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
I could not find that. I am interested to see what amp is he matching with these?
Hi Mak, its a BLAUPUNKT THA 555

see here
Quote:
They are built to go into OEM space. And if you like bass, they do their job perfectly.
I guess it is how you set it up. I get a decent massage when they hit hard.
I thought i'd heard you say something similar about the SWS-8's before!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #41
Siren_G
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
that is a nice find Siren, what version of Morel Hybrid's has he got on sale, the tweeter, crossovers look very different to the Hybrid ovation II's I've got ? the price is great though
they're ovation one's.
i've got a mosconi as 4.100 amp which will hopefully be enough for these and the sws 8's. ill ask the crazy worx guy what he can do on 3 pairs of sws 8's.
      10-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #42
Siren_G
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

You would need an LOC in the event you do not get a processor of somesort, such as the JBL MS8 / Audison Bit One.1 / JL Cleansweep and Many Many more....

The LOC is simply a line out convertor and it flattens the signal, giving you basic command over sound output. It doesn't do anything apart from that, no time alignment no nothing. It's useful if you don't rly want to tweak the sound or play with the sound to get it just right.. it's a very effective tool FWIW but note.... if you hear someone with a DSP / processor and then go back to your LOC, you WILL want to upgrade almost immediately if you're fussy.

The LOC's can be had for cheap so that's the only rly upside. Lots of threads on here explaining that just have a search. If u need more, there are many others much better aligned to give you info.

im waiting or a used bit one to appear on ebay....but isnt everyone...otherwise it'll be a loc lc6i.
whats the maxdepth of the enclosure under the seats?
      10-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #43
Siren_G
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123
      10-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #44
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwentie View Post
Hi Mak, its a BLAUPUNKT THA 555

see here

I thought i'd heard you say something similar about the SWS-8's before!
Quote:

Cheers buds.

Onetwentie, you should start your audio thread.
Mention your budget, sound preferences and then you will get some decent replies.