Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > VMRs v710 Matte black or Breytons GTS Matte black

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #23
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromber2 View Post
I always see you posting that Breytons are crap wheels, but I think you must have got a bad batch of wheels because other then yourself I've seen nothing but good things posted about Breytons. I myself have a set of Breyton Race GTS wheels and they have held up quite well, including driving around the streets of NYC and Philly. I have hit a few nasty potholes and the wheels are perfectly fine. I even had them checked out to make sure and they were in complete roundness after. What tires were you running after you trashed the rims? It doesnt matter what wheels you have, if you blast a nasty pothole without a decent tire that has good sidewall protection it will bend or crack, including HRE or BBS wheels...

The term you get what you pay for is correct but for the people who can't afford a HRE or BBS wheels a set of VMR or Breytons will work just fine just don't skimp on the tires. I ordered a set of 19" Black Breyton Race wheels mounted and balanced with BF Goodrich G-Force KDW tires and TPMS all for $2200 shipped to give you an idea.
Thanks, i was aiming for a 1500 budget but im seeing that my preferred setup might set me back over 2400. This is something that im going to wait for a couple more months.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #24
TwnTrboCAT1212
The Moose Whisperer
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 GIAC S1 335xi 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromber2 View Post
I always see you posting that Breytons are crap wheels, but I think you must have got a bad batch of wheels because other then yourself I've seen nothing but good things posted about Breytons. I myself have a set of Breyton Race GTS wheels and they have held up quite well, including driving around the streets of NYC and Philly. I have hit a few nasty potholes and the wheels are perfectly fine. I even had them checked out to make sure and they were in complete roundness after. What tires were you running after you trashed the rims? It doesnt matter what wheels you have, if you blast a nasty pothole without a decent tire that has good sidewall protection it will bend or crack, including HRE or BBS wheels...

The term you get what you pay for is correct but for the people who can't afford a HRE or BBS wheels a set of VMR or Breytons will work just fine just don't skimp on the tires. I ordered a set of 19" Black Breyton Race wheels mounted and balanced with BF Goodrich G-Force KDW tires and TPMS all for $2200 shipped to give you an idea.
+1 ... Either you hit a deep frikken Crater that would have destroyed even a BBS wheel or you got a bad / defective batch. I've heard nothing but positive things about Breyton wheels.
Appreciate 0