Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Re-Choosing New Wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #23
autoaesthetica
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A tin can on boost

The contrast of metallic silver I think really looks sharp, clean and modern regardless of the make and model of wheel you choose.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #24
Gilla81
Private
Rep
Drives: Rodeo but soon to be 335i

Thanks man. I really like that set up as well. Do you think he lowered it at all, or would it look about the same on a stock suspension? I'm new to the BMW world, so thanks for your help. I've been more of a GM muscle car kind of guy having owned Trans Ams and Corvettes mainly. I figured it was time for a little change.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #25
Gilla81
Private
Rep
Drives: Rodeo but soon to be 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
Those are 19" Alufelgen CS7s. I believe he is running H&R Sport springs. This setup wins by my standards.
Thanks man. I really like that set up as well. Do you think he lowered it at all, or would it look about the same on a stock suspension? I'm new to the BMW world, so thanks for your help. I've been more of a GM muscle car kind of guy having owned Trans Ams and Corvettes mainly. I figured it was time for a little change.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #26
Devil's Advocate
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

I'm in a similar boat. I’m a relatively new owner of an E90, '08 335i sedan, Jet Black with Sport Package. So I appreciate the original post as well as the helpful responses and opinions here.

For what it’s worth, here’s my opinion to add to the mix. Those are all nice choices and, other than the Neez which are out of my price range, are wheels that I’m considering as well. I’ve been doing quite a bit of due diligence and I’m leaning toward the Foregstar F14s. For starters, they look really nice. More importantly, as far as I can tell they are the only “affordable” (i.e., less than $1,500 for the set) flow form cast wheels out there. Finally, I believe they are the lightest, weighing in at about 22 lbs for the 19s. The VMRs, on the other hand, are gravity cast and the Alufelgen and Avante Garde are low pressure cast and they are all a bit heavier than the F14s at around 25 lbs. In other words, the F14s look just as good if not better than the other options, cost about the same, and as far as I can tell are stronger AND lighter.

Don’t get me wrong, the VMRs, Alufelgens, and Avante Garde are nice wheels and most guys that are running them seem to like them. However, given the relative similarity among the VMRs, Alufelgens, Avante Gardes, and Forgestars (also included in this bunch should be the low pressure cast Linea Corscas) as far as style and price go, I think it’s a no brainer to go with the flow form Foregstars. By comparison, other flow form cast wheels include some types of BBS, such as the LM-R and RG-R, which sell for about $600 or $700 PER wheel, and certain Volk wheels, like the SF Winning, which sells for about $900 PER wheel.

The only drawback that I have been able to decipher regarding the Foregstars is that there seems to be some delay in orering/receiving them and they have had some customer service issues (from Forgestar itself and/or its dealers), which have been reported on in this and other forums. Hopefully that’s squared away though but it's an issue I'm looking into and weighing in my decision.

I’d be interested if anyone has any opinion on the Foregtars. Specifically, I’m a firm believer in “ya get what you pay for,” so I’m a little curious (and slightly dubious) about how Foregstar can undercut other flow form wheels like the BBS and Volks I mentioned above by HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS PER WHEEL. Anyone running these wheels who can offer some insight?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0