E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Retrofit: E90 335i with iDrive, Phone prep, Voice control, and USB

12-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #221
gazosnic
First Lieutenant

Drives: bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
I had posted the p/n for the connector couple posts above. The pin outs I have are not full diagram wire only to re-pin mic & Aux wiring. Your head unit now is what I believe handles the aux. When the mulf2 is added this unit now takes over the aux input and carries it back to the head unit via MOST. This is what happened when I did the install on my car. Even though I do not have the iDrive system; I suspect the same for your car as well.
PichaDis11 - so i tried to connect everything up. I coded 644 and 6Fl into the VO, but when i try to activate bluetooth it just keep thinking.

In NCS and tool32 it says cannot connect to ECU / Control Unit. Any idea what may be wrong? I directly used the PINs from the white to the Blue (seems to have power as i see the red MOST light up on the MULF).

Not sure what is messed up that wont let me communicate to the MULF? Is it incorrect MOST cable or likely a PIN in the MULF connector block?

Any additional insights appreciated.
      12-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #222
PichaDis11
Captain

Drives: 08 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazosnic
Quote:
I had posted the p/n for the connector couple posts above. The pin outs I have are not full diagram wire only to re-pin mic & Aux wiring. Your head unit now is what I believe handles the aux. When the mulf2 is added this unit now takes over the aux input and carries it back to the head unit via MOST. This is what happened when I did the install on my car. Even though I do not have the iDrive system; I suspect the same for your car as well.
PichaDis11 - so i tried to connect everything up. I coded 644 and 6Fl into the VO, but when i try to activate bluetooth it just keep thinking.

In NCS and tool32 it says cannot connect to ECU / Control Unit. Any idea what may be wrong? I directly used the PINs from the white to the Blue (seems to have power as i see the red MOST light up on the MULF).

Not sure what is messed up that wont let me communicate to the MULF? Is it incorrect MOST cable or likely a PIN in the MULF connector block?

Any additional insights appreciated.
Most likely the MOST cable setup. There's a PDF floating around with the directions to retrofit from BMW but that didn't work for me. You might have to reconfigure it yourself to include the mulf2 on the loop.
When the loop isn't closed I could hear faint cut outs in my speakers.
      12-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #223
gazosnic
First Lieutenant

Drives: bmw m3

Quote:
Most likely the MOST cable setup. There's a PDF floating around with the directions to retrofit from BMW but that didn't work for me. You might have to reconfigure it yourself to include the mulf2 on the loop.
When the loop isn't closed I could hear faint cut outs in my speakers.
So i got the MULF all setup w the phone now. But when i try to place a call... there is no audio over the speakers? Any clue what could be going on?
      12-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #224
PichaDis11
Captain

Drives: 08 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazosnic View Post
So i got the MULF all setup w the phone now. But when i try to place a call... there is no audio over the speakers? Any clue what could be going on?
No clue here man. Can see phone volume setting and such in idrive?
PichaDis11 is offline   United_States
      12-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #225
kerkiraios00
Lieutenant

Drives: IB E90 M3 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazd View Post
Hey there,
I was in the same situation until I switched the pins behind the glovebox. Make sure you've done that, as well as switched the pins in the connector in the trunk. The instructions for this are in the guide, so go through and verify you did it correctly.

Good luck!
Hey I'm doing it now as we speak and slot one for the yellow wire is taken?? So what do I do now?
kerkiraios00 is offline   United_States
      12-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #226
kerkiraios00
Lieutenant

I also wanna add that I have and adapter from mike benvo bc I installed a combox? I don't know if that makes a difference? I will post pics of what I got
      12-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #227
kerkiraios00
Lieutenant

Never mind I figured it out.. All I did though was switch the wires in the glove compartment I didn't have to touch the ones in the trunk.. Thank for the help anyway guys..
      12-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #228
kboretti
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2006 325i sedan

Does this Bluetooth solution support audio streaming? Or is it phone calls only?
kboretti is offline   United_States
      12-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #229
alexwhittemore
Major

Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboretti View Post
Does this Bluetooth solution support audio streaming? Or is it phone calls only?
Phone only.
      04-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #230
datbimmer
Private First Class

Drives: 335i m6t nav sport

Ok so I have these :

S609A NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL Navigation system Professional
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S620A SPRACHEINGABESYSTEM Voice control
S640A AUTOTELEFONVORBEREITUNG Preparation f tel.installation universal
S672A CD WECHSLER 6-FACH CD changer for 6 CDs
S677A HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL HiFi System Professional DSP
S693A SATELLITENTUNER VORBEREITUNG Preparation BMW satellite radio

What else do I need ? How do I look to see if I have the module in trunk or not ?