E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > The Ultimate Interior Customization

09-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #23
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucosta View Post
That i don't know nothing yet, but i'll find out when i go to a shop
Keep me posted! I would love to change the color of my carpet if it's possible without too much trouble. The grey carpet is cool...but ideally I would love black carpet with my grey interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniter View Post
I have a black vinyl, footwell and headliner with jade grey leather (black dakota shift / ebrake) and aluminum trim.
Looks awesome.

Do it

Any pics???
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #24
ucosta
Unique
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
I'm really interested to hear what they say because I never would have thought this was possible. Without buying all new parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe- View Post
Yeah just the rear seats for an e92 alone is about a grand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe- View Post
Cool beans, that Black / White two tone interior is sexy, that's the look i'd like to go for.
I'll keep you guys posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #25
ucosta
Unique
Rep

I got news y'all and they are unpleasant...

So the guy at the custom shop told me if my car were a Honda it could be cool. He spoke to me about 2 ways of doing and still wouldn't be nice.

After painting the carpet, the carpet material would get rough and with time would fade.

He said that the materials such as the one by the shifter, by the door, and the center are not to mess with..even painting. He added that a scratch would show the real color.

Finally he said it won't look genuine good and we would be losing money on our cars when we sell it.

That just took my hopes away. If you guys can, please do some research or ask around at body shops to see what other guys from different places would say, please.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #26
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Quote:
After painting the carpet, the carpet material would get rough and with time would fade.
Makes sense...and I kinda figured it would become quite stiff!

Sucks man...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #27
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

Quote:
I got news y'all and they are unpleasant...

So the guy at the custom shop told me if my car were a Honda it could be cool. He spoke to me about 2 ways of doing and still wouldn't be nice.

He said that the materials such as the one by the shifter, by the door, and the center are not to mess with..even painting. He added that a scratch would show the real color.

Finally he said it won't look genuine good and we would be losing money on our cars when we sell it.

That just took my hopes away. If you guys can, please do some research or ask around at body shops to see what other guys from different places would say, please.

For the carpet yes, but I think it would be safe to change the color of the plastics. you have to dye them, not paint them. The dye will give an OEM look and finish to the plastics and leather. Ive been thinking about doing this and just buying a used black carpet on ebay but it looks like you have to remove the entire dash to install the carpet, and thats one step too far that I would like to do.
      12-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #28
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

only way you can change the colors and it look good is getting it re-upholstered. and the carpet would have to be swapped with the color you want. not impossible but pricey if you want it done right.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #29
_shim
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: an e90

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519867

This might give you some ideas.
      12-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #30
ucosta
Unique
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
For the carpet yes, but I think it would be safe to change the color of the plastics. you have to dye them, not paint them. The dye will give an OEM look and finish to the plastics and leather. Ive been thinking about doing this and just buying a used black carpet on ebay but it looks like you have to remove the entire dash to install the carpet, and thats one step too far that I would like to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
only way you can change the colors and it look good is getting it re-upholstered. and the carpet would have to be swapped with the color you want. not impossible but pricey if you want it done right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shim! View Post
That's all indeed very interesting. I just gave up on the idea. Other priorities came up and won't be able to add mods any time soon . But i would love to see someone do it.
Appreciate 0