E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Advice on selling my car please.

06-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #1
Emeye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 325i SE

Advice on selling my car please.

Hi,

I've put my E92 325i up for sale on here in the UK classifieds and on Pistonheads as I get free ads from being a long term member.

In over a week I've had pretty much no interest apart from people wanting to swap my 313s!

I think the price is pretty good and it's a great car - in fact, IMO, it's cheaper than a similar Msport but almost the perfect combination of Msport and SE for me, and hopefully for another enthusiast!

So I'd like to see what you guys think - is my ad OK? - also, do you think it will sell better if I was to remove some or all of the mods and put back to standard?

I bought the car a year ago with the 313s but standard otherwise.

I've done a few subtle mods, swapped the electric grey leather for light grey Msport electric leather , changed the head unit for an Pioneer carplay unit and put a nicer shorter chrome gearknob on - oh, and I've put LEDs in place of the angel eye bulb to match the white Xenons - makes a massive improvement.

My thoughts were remove the stereo and Connects2 kit and put the Professional unit back in, maybe swap the seats back as I never managed to sell the SE leather. Also put the normal bulbs back in and gear stick.

The car may then sell to a non-enthusiast, but I can get a good chunk selling all the parts and use the Pioneer HU, the Sub, amp, connects2 kit in my next car!

Here is the ad: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139057

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Put it on autotrader it should go without a hassle...try ebay if you like if you can deal with the cunts that offer you 2 grand under asking price...its full of messers but there is sometimes genuine people on there.

dont think pistonheads is right place for your car to be honest but no harm if its free.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 04:38 AM   #3
dakhu1
love the 'GT ROAD'....bruuuaaah!
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport & 118D M Sport

Agree - my cars always sell via AT
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 11:41 AM   #4
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Mine was the same. Must just be a very quiet market at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 04:39 PM   #5
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Autotrader is the only place I've found to really sell cars. I've tried PH, eBay and gumtree but never have sold on any of them.
      07-02-2015, 01:16 AM   #6
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

I think the 325i is neither here nor there. It is not the fastest and its not much economical. I put mine up a few months ago and it was on there for 1.5 months with no interest and mine is highly spec'd. I had one guy interested but then he went for a 320i and said that the economy was worth it compared to mine. I have seen 325i models on autotrader for months - and those cars are still at the dealers. Too much competition now with the pressure from EU regulations for emissions.. new models coming out that are faster and cheaper to run... but not many appreciate the finer things in life... it could even be a paranoia of age related problems. Anyhow... I have decided to run mine into the ground for now and see how many miles I can get from it... I will deal with any issues as they come up...

I don't think there is anything wrong with your ad as such but here is my two pence worth... if you want to get rid of it fast and don't mind making a bit of a loss then you can advertise with a 999 price... the psychology behind it being that people are more likely to look at a £5,999 price than a £6500 and the £5999 tends to fall into two price categories when people search i.e. 5-6k searches and 5.5k-6.5k searches. Some sneaky people on auto trader even list it as £5,999 but then the advert says the real price... personally... those kind of ads put me off but its up to you if you want to try it. So if I were you I would advertise with a £5,999 and then state for £500 you can have the upgraded stereo etc. Or if you are hell bent on £7,000 then advertise it as £6,999... Things like decent tread remaining mean F-all... be more specific if you can e.g. rear tyre depth 6.5mm and front 5.8mm... those kind of things help too. Things like... mileage will go up slightly don't need to be said.. lot's of service history not all BMW... scratch that and say... lot's of service history and well looked after.. things like alloys being scuffed don't need a mention as you can add photos of those... some food for thought.

Good luck.

Last edited by Soul_Glo; 07-02-2015 at 01:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 06:22 AM   #7
imy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M140i

Ive sold all my previous cars through Gumtree.

Its free so I usually give Gumtree 1 week to see what it can come up with before I would put it on AT. Get a lot of texts, people wasting time but usually first person who come to view always end up buying.
That said I have always priced low just for the sake of getting rid and saving myself the hassle.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #8
m20b25
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Put mine on piston heads and nothing for 2 weeks.

Put it on auto trader one Thursday evening and it was gone Saturday morning. It's pricey but works.
Appreciate 0