E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Oil Leaking from n55 inlet pipe + high oil consumption

05-22-2022, 01:23 PM   #1
benaiahV17
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i xDrive coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Angry Oil Leaking from n55 inlet pipe + high oil consumption

Hi all. I've recently been consuming a lot of oil in my 2012 e92 n55. I've had the low oil light come on twice now, about once a month or ~1k miles apart prompting me to add 1 qt of oil. I also have a very slight rough idle/vibration in the car that comes and goes when the engine is all warmed up and I'm sitting in park for a while, and after turning off the car and letting the warm engine sit for about 10-30 minutes and then starting it up again, I'll get a bit of a rough/long start. The car will always start, but it takes a little longer and feels kinda rough vs a cold start. And then lastly, when replacing my spark plugs last month I noticed a little oil residue down in the spark plug chambers, and a bit of oil leaking out of the bottom piece of the intake/inlet pipes.

I'd like to fix this oil leak coming from the intake pipe, as I presume all these symptoms may be connected by whatever is causing that leak. I am assuming this is related to the PCV valve/crankcase breather hose, and/or the valve cover gasket. There is no leakage on the outside of the gasket but the smaller gaskets that surround the ignition coil/spark plug areas could be leaking, hence the oil residue in the spark plug chambers. Does this diagnosis sound right to you guys? Has anyone experienced this issue before and found a fix?

Thanks.

I attached some pics and a video to clarify what I am talking about here:
https://youtube.com/shorts/Jchoa1MhjcM?feature=share
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 07:25 AM   #2
Mdilo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Any update?

Did you happen to find the cause of your oil consumption?
Appreciate 0