E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Is This An ED

03-20-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Is This An ED

I'm off to Washington ,DC tomorrow on a road tip with my 17 year old son, he needs to rack up some drive time ( I wanted to fly, my wife and 15 year old son, couldn't get away ).I have to be back in Chicago by Tuesday night, so we're going to be busy.

The plan is to see if we can make Pittsburgh without driving long into the night ,it's about an 8-9 hour jaunt, but with this nice Passport 8500, we might make it a little quicker.( I'll only do it when my son is sleeping ) which could be often knowing my son as I do !

Then a leisurely cruise into our Nations Capitol on Saturday. During the day, we'll hit all of the main museums we can without feeling rushed (we’re probably both ADD, so this should be fun.... ! We're staying in Georgetown to be able to see more things with less travel time to get to them.

Saturday night, we have dinner plans with one of my favorite ED couples, who I have met here in Barrington a few times since they've been back from their ED and PCD. They live on "das Boat " most of the year ( a giant waterbed ).With their permission, we'll try and post some pictures !The are part of the Bimmerfest family.

On Sunday, we have 11:45 tickets for the Holocaust Museum (If you are hanging out there around that time, start waving and we'll say Hi). Then depending how we feel after that, find a cool place to eat (he always wants to go to Hooters ) and walk around as much as we can.

Monday, we were planning to see "da Prez" (Chicago talk) to get our share of the bailout money, since we actually HELP the economy. I found out today that my offer was rejected and our Senators office informed me that they're were no tours on Monday as well. So being the mouth that I am, she hooked us up with a few other cool tours ( I think it helped that we both had the same last name ).I think it's going to be to see as many of the Executive Branches as we can squeeze in. Monday night will be another cool fun dinner and then try and see anything that's open that we might have missed.

Tuesday morning, we’re up early, on our way to visit two of my favorite customers, who I have never met in person,at their Finnancial Planning office in beautiful Downtown Pittsburgh. They recently came back from their ED and are anxiously awaiting the redelivery of their "dream machines ".After we hang out with the boys (we don't want to take up too much of their time ),we'll still have about 8 1/2 hrs to go until we can hit the sack !

Is this too ambitious a trip? Any suggestions for good restaurants in or very near Georgetown would be welcome. Any "must sees" besides the other "must see” that anyone could think of would be great.

So, does this ED (Eastern Deliverance) constitute being on this forum?

One of my closest friends , Demetri, on his ED with his favorite tourist truck, the luggage kart !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
There is never enough time to see everything in DC, so do what your schedule permits. Your son might like the new spy museum.

Next time, bring the wifey and stay in Alexandria (old city).

Have a great trip. Drive safe...
Appreciate 0