E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > No more being a sucker (E90/E92 research)

03-07-2009, 06:39 AM   #23
Phil G.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodtim View Post
There's been a lot of talk so far about what car to get and not so much talk about how to not be sucker. To not be a sucker, you need to be as well-informed as possible. In order to do this, you'll need the following:

1) Invoice price list for the model you're considering (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=307800)
2) Decide on the options you want before heading to the dealership so you don't get oversold
3) All the relevant info for leasing (MF, residuals, etc.) for the particular month before heading to the dealership

Again, information is the enemy of suckerdom (yes, I just made up a word). Do your homework before heading in and I guarantee you'll come out with a fair(er) deal.
Exactly! Decide what you want - a coupe or sedan. Once you have the precise car/equipment in mind, get the invoice price from Edmunds or the dealer. Those numbers are widely published. If you buy, you'll pay a MACO fee which is part of the invoice price, and it varies state to state. Offer no more than $500 over invoice on either the coupe or sedan - find a dealer who will give that or better to you. They're hungry and they're out there. There are incentives now if you finance thru BMW Financial - 0.9% on 328 and 2.9% on 335 (varies by model - check the BMW USA website www.bmwusa.com) Also, BMW Financial will pay your first 2 payments up to $750/month for purchases until 3/31/09. I don't know lease details - they're apparently better than they were, but run the numbers and see what makes more sense for you. We have always leased, but with our 328xi we just picked up, we purchased because the financing deal is better than anything I could get privately and better than the lease deal.

2009 BMW 328i (x-Drive) e-90, 2010 Audi A4 Prem+, 2008 Audi TT Roadster S-Line
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #24
MelVLok
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma2020 View Post
That link is not current, BMW issued a new set of prices effective Jan 1 2009.
Here's the link:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/pdf/pricin...es-pricing.pdf
Thanks trauma.

Quote:
I don't know what your financial status is but for the first time (at least I think it's the first time) ever you can get discounts on an M3 doing European Delivery. If this was available when I purchased. I would've jumped all over it

Quote:
Exactly! Decide what you want - a coupe or sedan. Once you have the precise car/equipment in mind, get the invoice price from Edmunds or the dealer. Those numbers are widely published. If you buy, you'll pay a MACO fee which is part of the invoice price, and it varies state to state. Offer no more than $500 over invoice on either the coupe or sedan - find a dealer who will give that or better to you. They're hungry and they're out there. There are incentives now if you finance thru BMW Financial - 0.9% on 328 and 2.9% on 335 (varies by model - check the BMW USA website www.bmwusa.com) Also, BMW Financial will pay your first 2 payments up to $750/month for purchases until 3/31/09. I don't know lease details - they're apparently better than they were, but run the numbers and see what makes more sense for you. We have always leased, but with our 328xi we just picked up, we purchased because the financing deal is better than anything I could get privately and better than the lease deal.
Is prob gonna be a 328 coupe .
Would the dealer provide me with their invoice price?
Read some good reviews about dealers in CA, can i or should i consider those my options (i live in Las Vegas, NV)?
0.9% rate for purchase with 2 mo payments taken care of is , i would have jump on it if they offer it for the coupe. What do you think of 2.9% finance vs their lease program taking into consideration there is a very high chance of me changing the car in 3 years?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 01:37 AM   #25
jcee76
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93 Blk/Coral Red

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelVLok View Post
Hi all,
really happy i found this site, learn quite a bit here.
Have been doing a bit of reading for the last 2 weeks and thought i post a little request for help.

My 2006 SG E90 325i lease expires Oct 09 and i'm thinking of getting another BMW.
I'm paying $798/mth (yeah, ur right, i'm a SUCKER )
Is a demo with 5k mile with just memory seat when i got it, .....(yeah, bigger SUCKER).
Actually, there was a negative equity from my 350Z which i traded in.

Anyway, thought i do some research before i jump into one (i'm done with being a SUCKER).
Hope someone can give a fellow member some advise.

I'm ready to jump into one between now to Oct and i'm thinking about either an AW E90 or E92.

This is my thought.
Should i have a change and get the E92 since i have had the E90 for the last 2.5 year as i would prob feel like driving the same car?
Reason why i was considering the E90 is coz the promotion 0.9% BMW is offering now.
Should i lease an E92 (i can't imagine keeping a fun car for too long )?

Not much of a fast driver, in fact a very law abiding driver , so i'm considering more of the 328.
Test drove the A5 but the torque (responsive) wasn't even close to my 325i.

This time, i want to be prepared when i go to the dealer.
Any advise and commnets are greatly appreciated.
I was soo close to signing.. I'm having a hard time finding a manual tran 335i coupe in So Cal? Is there an easy way of finding one?

Well I was about to sign for a 335i blk on blk sport and prem pack, man tran. for 2k down 790/mo 12k miles for 47,900. But the sister dealer didnt have the car I bidded on. Dealer effed up he couldve had me!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #26
MelVLok
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

With the new April 0.9% apr finance rate, is it better to purchase than to lease?
Appreciate 0