E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > paulf61. visit

06-27-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

paulf61. visit

Good to seeyou again Paul, hope you enjoyed the entertainment while you were waiting

Anyway Pauls car was in for a couple of things, one not too welcome one for upgrade.

Firstly the not too welcome issue, initial thought I had when Paul called me was that the car had either a hydro problem or possible drive shaft issue as these are or seem to be the most common problems re these cars of late. Therefore to cover all bases and avoid Paul having to return I pre ordered a hydro unit repair kit as my gut feeling was that this was the offending article. And it proved to be so we had the item in stock, so next the nice touch, LED rear lights.

Paul fitted these him self and as proven, thoug hhe did ask he had wired them up correctly(should be straightforward with the harness supplied) but coding proved to be a bit of an issue, not to sure quite why but we opted to park this one and get on with the hydro and come back to the lights once this had all been attended too

Missed most of the work due to being again fairly busy but here are a few photo's that I managed to grab in the short space of time I had

Once fitted and the required bleed had taken place ove tothe diag bay for the necessary final touch

test drive done and everything was 100% car was wheeled in again for a second crack at those rear lights

Straightaway everything went to plan.

Paul left with rear lights doing what they should do no ABS issues whatsoever and an insight into the general public entertainment ability

Again good seeing you again Paul

Steve
      06-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

I think I might need to come and see you soon Steve due to an issue which has been troubling me, and now I know you can do my rear lights for me I am even more motivated to come over!!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 01:57 AM   #3
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess View Post
I think I might need to come and see you soon Steve due to an issue which has been troubling me, and now I know you can do my rear lights for me I am even more motivated to come over!!
Read your postbut see how you go I guess let us know what you discover I guess and we will go from there
      06-28-2015, 05:25 AM   #4
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Read your postbut see how you go I guess let us know what you discover I guess and we will go from there
Will do Steve, thanks.

On another note, the LCI rears look fantastic against the colour of Paul's car!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 07:29 AM   #5
paulf61
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 320d coupe

Thanks for the post Steve, service was spot on as always and the 'entertainment' was amusing.

I'd thoroughly recommend anyone to use A1BN, always talk things through with you, keep you updated with what's going on (even though Steve was kept busy).

Good to see you again Steve.

Paul
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #6
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulf61 View Post
Thanks for the post Steve, service was spot on as always and the 'entertainment' was amusing.

I'd thoroughly recommend anyone to use A1BN, always talk things through with you, keep you updated with what's going on (even though Steve was kept busy).

Good to see you again Steve.

Paul
Yep no worries Paul mind you 20 minutes after you left us guess what he returned to tell me that his AC was hot after I went out and adjusteed the temperature controls on his dash it as if by magic went cold😜and he went away happy knowing that by adjusting the temperature on the dash you can get got to cold air as quickly as that!

But glad you enjoyed what I have to put up with