E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Adaptive Headlight Error..

07-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #1
jharar
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F40 M135i xdrive.

Adaptive Headlight Error..

HI

Yesterday I fitted my new LED bulb to replace my OEM yellow dull bulb, After fitting I was not happy at all, I thought I will replace it with Standard bulb again, Today I saw my Driver side Headlight had Condensation and after starting the car it came up with Adaptive Headlight Failure Message on the dash..

I changed both of the bulb with original back but still its showing the error..

What has this caused this any ideas..?

Now I'm thinking why i even bothered to change the bulbs...Grrrrrrrr.

Anything i can look for??

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 03:30 AM   #2
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Make sure everything is connected up properly & no loose connections.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
Jules59
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Still searching ...

My LED bulb upgrades included a load of extra wire and resistors(to prevent a false bulb failure warning). This all has to be stuffed into the back of the light housing. Could it be that the movable part of the xenon has got jammed.

Having said that my adaptive lights have never been 100% reliable . Occasionally the drivers lights gets stuck; pointing outwards to the right. Occasionally they go really bonkers such that on roundabouts the beams actually cross over each other.

The only way to correct it is to stop, turn the ignition on and off and wait for it to self centre again.
Its been seen by different dealers, several times - even had the whole light unit changed. Nobody has been able to find a fault.
I just put up with it now and try to remember to centre the steering wheel before I switch off - this has reduced the frequency of these faults a lot.