E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > About to buy my 2008 335i coupe

06-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
jnerenberg
professional assassin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
About to buy my 2008 335i coupe

Well this is it. Tomorrow I'm gonna place an order for a 2008 335i coupe and I've never been more excited. I am a newly registered member of the forum, but I've been following this forum for months now (since I became interested in buying a 3 series). I am pretty much going to two dealerships in my area and seeing which one gives me a better price. The car I have built is $46,775 and the invoice is $42,450, according to the wholesale price guide posted in this forum. I'm pretty much gonna tell both dealers that I want to pay 43,000 for the car and from what you guys have been saying, this is feasible. Just curious, is that price guide completely up-to-date? I know they got a price increase of $400 in June but I have no idea if that affected the final price or individual options/packages were also changed. I also had a question about the 2008 ECU. I hear a lot of bad things about how BMW started sending out 08 models with a different program and it has created lag/less sensitive throttle. Finally, is it worth it to just wait a few more months for an 09? Thanks in advanced and happy to join all you fellow e9x nuts. cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Tatsu
Rep
Drives: Space Gray 135is

I don't think you're going to see much changes in the coupe for 09. Everything I've read in various places says the sedan is being updated with the coupe to follow in 2010. But who knows. About the only reason to wait I think is if you want the updated iDrive.... I considered waiting but it's difficult enough waiting for the car I've ordered let alone waiting to order one!