E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > HTC EVO Question and an Answer with Slacker Radio

10-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
Qwik E90
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi

Thumbs up HTC EVO Question and an Answer with Slacker Radio

Hi All,
I have the Sprint HTC EVO and while I've had no problems in pairing the phone with my 2010 BMW 328xi with iDrive, the one small PITA is that on the phone, all of my contacts are listed first name, last name because in Google, I set new contacts up with the full name just entered into the "First Name" field and don't use the "Last Name" field. Just a personal preference.

However, whenever my address book syncs with my car, every contact entry is displayed as a last name, first name (Example: on my phone I have "DJ Cell" (all entered on the first name line in Google as mentioned above)) but when the address book is loaded into my iDrive the contact comes up "Cell DJ". While this is just a minor inconvenience, was wondering if anyone has found a work around or fix?

Seen a number of post about playing Pandora, Slacker or any of their favorite radio streaming stations via their phone to the stereo in the car. When I attach my cigarette lighter USB power adapter (just to keep the phones battery charged) and a 3.5mm adapter to my phone and 3.5 AUX plug, Slacker plays wonderfully! Of course, no display option on the iDrive, just music but boy it is nice when I don't have XM/Sirius in my car and I don't have a large MP3 collection which I can stick on a USB drive that doesn't get boring and repetitive on long trips.

Qwik
Appreciate 0