E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tyre advice

12-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Tyre advice

Hey,
Looking to get tyres for my summer set up (early I know!) and require some advice on what to go for.

They are 19s with 9j front and 10j rear. I'm not sure of the offsets as they're with Custom Cars getting refurbed (or should I say ready to collect!) but wonder if the offsets are needed for this purpose?

I'm getting the arches rolled in due course and putting 10/12mm spacer upfront as currently the new rims touch the coil overs so need them spaced out.. Therefore aim is to have stretched tyres with a touch of 'poke'..

The current Oem tyre set up is 225/35/19 front (8j) and 255/30/19 rear (9j).

What size tyres would be best to achieve the look I'm aiming for? Any ideas or pointers please?

Thanks

Sam
      12-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Sam in order to give a good response we would really need to know the offsets.

Without such a fundamental piece of information,it's a bit like answering the question "How long is a piece of string".

I wouldn't buy wheels without knowing the offsets,how would you know they'd even fit/work on your car?

It sounds like the front has quite a high offset (ET40+),if your front rim is catching the coilovers,lets hope the rears are the same!

Call Dips up and ask him,it should be stamped somewhere on the back of the rim/s.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Yeah Sam no1, what Ian said ^^

Without knowing the offsets you can still run a stretched tyre but it all depends on how much poke you want. what stance your going for.

you should be well safe with a 10j, in the states some are running 11j rears with heavy arch work. But man..

She got a fat ass doh.... fat ass....

Appreciate 0