E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW 335i (N54) turbo warranty extended for wastegate issues to 8yrs/82k miles

08-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #177
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rummy View Post
Looks like I'm getting shafted, too. I brought the car in for the reduced power after 3500 RPM. They said, let's clean the injectors. Cost me $300. That didn't fix it. They said, let's reprogram your car for $240. That didn't work. Dude now tells me it's the actuators on the wastegate that are failing, and it's going to cost me $3000. I mentioned this SIB, and he says, the actuators are different that wastegates, and it's not covered.

I even called BMWNA Customer Relations, and they told me that there weren't any outstanding recalls based on my VIN, and they couldn't do anything about it.

I called this other dealership, and they at least acknowledged the SIB, and they said they would have to open it up to see if it will be covered under this SIB.

What can I do?
It's not a recall it's a warranty extension waste gates and actuators are together so I don't know why that dealer is giving you so much trouble I recommend bringing all your service records to another dealer.

My dealer is just waiting for the turbos to come in apparently Germany has them on back order.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #178
mgcustomgraphics
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I agree with joe, had the same problem with the whole actuators deal, and as matter of fact they are part of the wastegate, and the wastegate is making the turbos fail becouse of the actuators, so im going tomorrow to the dealer and raise hell cause they said they are not covered, when a bmwna rep told me It is covered i also called another dealer and they ran my vin # and said yes they are covered, so i recomend take a copy of the sib and get loud even escalate this shit with the manager and get rid of that piece of shit car (335in general) good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #179
335i Pal
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Here is a video I took of my car, and I thought it was hard to tell if it was the exhuast flap in the back making all the noise or it is the wastegates. I figured I would ask some opinions before I get the cold shoulder at the dealer.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestion!
      08-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #180
rummy
stoked
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcustomgraphics View Post
I agree with joe, had the same problem with the whole actuators deal, and as matter of fact they are part of the wastegate, and the wastegate is making the turbos fail becouse of the actuators, so im going tomorrow to the dealer and raise hell cause they said they are not covered, when a bmwna rep told me It is covered i also called another dealer and they ran my vin # and said yes they are covered, so i recomend take a copy of the sib and get loud even escalate this shit with the manager and get rid of that piece of shit car (335in general) good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe- View Post
It's not a recall it's a warranty extension waste gates and actuators are together so I don't know why that dealer is giving you so much trouble I recommend bringing all your service records to another dealer.

My dealer is just waiting for the turbos to come in apparently Germany has them on back order.
It's funny because minutes after I hung up with this clown, he calls me back. He's like, "ummm, if you want, i can contact our regional service guy, and see if he can authorize it." I don't know what provoked him to call me on his own volition to tell me this. I don't get it. Anyway, we'll see what he calls and tells me today.

If not, I'm trying a different dealership. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:19 AM   #181
mgcustomgraphics
Rep

Any body else having that "is not the wastegate, is the actuators" Game going on with the dealers?
If so what have you done or said?
Its frustrting as f***k
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #182
rummy
stoked
United_States
Rep

Yesterday around 5PM, my SA calls me, and he says he hadn't heard back from the regionals. So, I'm holding on for another day. I really don't get what they're trying to do. It's been over a day!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #183
oaks88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335

Garage List
I hate the stealerships, seems like all they do is play games once they get you in that car after the sale.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #184
2nice89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [1.00]
day 1: drop car to bmw, received a call stating that my wastegate actuators are bad.
day 2: approval given to do the tear down..turbo is leaking oil, wastegates are bad and supposedly i have the old actuators, apparently the newer actuators arent covered...request for approval to have work done sent to bmwna.
day 3: sa called and said they have the approval to replace both turbos and fix all vaccuum lines.
day 5: pick up the car and the sh*t feels way better than it did when i fist got it, i can also hear the turbo more
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #185
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Pal View Post
Here is a video I took of my car, and I thought it was hard to tell if it was the exhuast flap in the back making all the noise or it is the wastegates. I figured I would ask some opinions before I get the cold shoulder at the dealer.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestion!
Try this, let the car heat up this will exclude the exhaust flap, afterwards Rev the engine, and listen on the passenger side engine bad you should hear the rattle.

You can clearly determine if it is the turbo if it happens on acceleration.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #186
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2nice View Post
day 1: drop car to bmw, received a call stating that my wastegate actuators are bad.
day 2: approval given to do the tear down..turbo is leaking oil, wastegates are bad and supposedly i have the old actuators, apparently the newer actuators arent covered...request for approval to have work done sent to bmwna.
day 3: sa called and said they have the approval to replace both turbos and fix all vaccuum lines.
day 5: pick up the car and the sh*t feels way better than it did when i fist got it, i can also hear the turbo more
My car is still in the shop :P

BMW NA made my dealership jump through hoops, they made them replace boost pressure converters first before turbos lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #187
rummy
stoked
United_States
Rep

I don't know if it's BMW NA or my dealership, but I'm right back at zero.

After BMW NA allegedly sent my SA with some software package to test. Based on those tests, they'd like to see if its the vacuum tubes leading into the turbos. It'll cost me $600+ for them to open up my engine, and look. Then they'll be able to tell me whether I'm covered or not. Is this bullshit? Shouldn't all this labor and testing be all included under this 8yr/82k?

I just get this bad feeling...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #188
rummy
stoked
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2nice View Post
Day 2. Did you approve the tear down? Did SA threaten you with the whole, "if they don't cover, it's out of your pocket?"

That's where I'm at. Except this is my day 14 or some.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #189
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Day 2. Did you approve the tear down? Did SA threaten you with the whole, "if they don't cover, it's out of your pocket?"

Try a different dealership.

Although Have you had your boost lines replaced? they really aren't that much to DIY infact I think on this site somewhere in the DIY someone post how to do it.

My boost lines were replaced about a year ago that's most likely why they didn't have to go that route at all. I had it done at another dealership that I was not satisfied with the service with.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #190
2nice89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [1.00]
Quote:

no i didnt approve it..they didnt mention anything about it coming out of my pocket..i was looking for that statement from the moment i brung the car to the shop...but the other person was right try a different dealership that ranks high in customer service and youll be happy
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #191
lacej81
lacej81
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i

Wastegate/Turbos...about time!

Soooo glad I'm finally hearing news about this issue! I bought my 07 w/ 53,000 on it and noticed the issue right away. Since then it has only gotten worse and recently an engine malfunction light came on and when my friend did diagnostic, sure enough I'm having turbo lag from the turbos! The rattle is horrible on my car! I'm taking it in tomorrow to see what's going on and hope that they take care of me here in FL just as they have been in CA.

I've been following this issue since I bought the car and was starting to think I was going to have to deal with the problem forever. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I hope anyone else having issues gets everything resolved as well!

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #192
lawface
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i Cabriolet

Here comes the Canadian (Ontario) N54 Class Action. I'm sick and tired of BMW Canada getting away with murder. N54 owners who are interested in participating please e-mail:

n54classaction@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #193
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

haha, I got my vouchers for $800 off a new Bimmer in the mail today!!!! Yea, vouchers- I got two because I had two N54 cars!!! $1600 off my new Bimmer.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #194
mgcustomgraphics
Rep

Bmw, hitlers sick joke to the world
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #195
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep

Got the phone call today from my dealership!, Car is ready, they mounted my tires, but nitrogen in the tires, aligned my car, Replaced my turbos! after 3 weeks of not having my car it's finally coming to a close! I pick her up tomorrow morning can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #196
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep

Picked up the car today, NO RATTLE, the car is tightened up as well, what a difference! I love my new car! and no LOW BOOST WOOT!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #197
oaks88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335

Garage List
I really want to bring my car in and have this looked at as I am pretty sure I am getting low boost as well. Anyone on here from the Chicagoland area and know a good place to take it? I have been thinking Bill Jacobs BMW in Naperville since I haven't had much luck with Elmhurst BMW even though I bought the damn thing there
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #198
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I

I finally got the nerve to bring my FBO car in for the bad rattle/ slow spool. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but they just had me rev and pretty much said, yeah, your turbos are bad. They did question my exhaust note, I told them I had merely deleted the secondary cats. That didn't seem to phase them. When I went back with the SA, he got my info, and told me they were going to send it in to BMW for approval.

Question is, if does get "approved", aside from the obvious removal of my chip, do I even need to bother with the DP's and intercooler? I'd hate to go through the time and expense just to be jerked around, as some other members here have been.

Someone who used to work there suggested I might slip them a couple hundred extra for the "inconvenience of dealing with the extra parts." He offered to call them for me post approval since he knows people there still. (hes an independant now)
Appreciate 0