E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Warning Potential Scammer on the forum

07-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #23
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev335i View Post

This guy knows how to not get scammed dont try to pull the wool over his eyes!
thank you sir...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #24
chaz_master
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
you don't but needs must and all that. Remember the buyer could be just as skeptical as you so only wanting to hand over the money when the goods are present.
I once had a guy win something I had for sale on ebay and then send the cash via the post recorded delivery?!

Sometimes people really aren't out to scam, then again sometimes they are BUT until you've been scammed you shouldn't be naming and shaming. That said I'm not saying you should trust anyone blindly either. Cash on collection is perfectly fine regardless of who is bringing the cash or from where...just keep your wits about you and if you are worried about counterfeit notes then get one of those pens from the bank.

I paid £7k in £20 notes for a bike once similar reasons (I didn't want to hand over the money before I got the bike and he didn't want to accept a cheque and let me ride away with the bike) We agreed cash on collection and I rocked up cash in hand and and patiently sipped a coffee he made me while he counted and marked every note to check it wasn't counterfeit. Job done and we were both happy.
7k in 20's not 50's?

What do you do again? Don't tell me, import export? Waste management? haha
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #25
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

I paid £9.5 in 20s for my 330d!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #26
Shaun69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

A buyer offers to pay in cash and is called a scammer lmao.
Would two camels been a more secure method of payment ?!?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #27
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun69 View Post
A buyer offers to pay in cash and is called a scammer lmao.
Would two camels been a more secure method of payment ?!?
would you send a set of wheels to another country without payment first.

Read the opening post.
      07-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #28
jcv09
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F21

Hello,
I think it is time to give my two cents,

at any time was asked to send the wheels without a payment was made, and I think that no seller should never do that, either out or not england shipping.

I asked if it would be possible to be switched money on collecting, and I understand the surprise of the owner of the wheels, because this is not the normal procedure of a transport company.
Only this could be a possibility because I know the owner of the company.
And yet I would have to ask him if he would do me this favor, because I understand that sending one of its drivers with eg 1,000 euros in his pocket, is also a big risk, the driver could say that the truck had been robbed and goodbye 1000 Euros .
I'm a bit surprised it's with some comments on this idea, as if it were to be an assault on the street, that is not the idea I have of england.

At some point, to seal the deal, someone will have to trust someone, and in my view I think it is the buyer because it has more ways to mitigate the risk, you can look at the seller's feedback, use PAY PAL etc...

To conclude, I would like to say that I contacted DHL, UPS, TNT, URBAN, etc. .. and neither does a single collection in england,
To do this you must be a "business company" and a usual customer, and you have to make a transport guide (like an invoice).
the best I could get was through the transport company of which I know the owner, he said he would send one local carrier to pick up the wheels in the city of the owner of the wheels, and lead to the warehouse in england that has to do groupage.

regards

Ps: sorry for my english. maybe some information will be lost on the translation.

Last edited by jcv09; 07-12-2013 at 09:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
England
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #30
simmo1985
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 Edition M Sport 320D

Well, theres only one thing for it. Theres really only one way we can sort this out so all are happy, and thats quite simply to have a.....

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #31
jcv09
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F21

simmo1985 LOLOL

i would like to say that at any time this was a discussion and i always understand lemans 330d position,

in fact I feel sorry for not having done business with him,

best regards
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #32
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
to put this to rest i would like to add the following.

The buyer in the end offered to pay through paypal but in his country many transactions are COD im told.

I have since had a buyer in the uk pick up cash on collection which is always the best method.

I think most of us would agree in the uk we dont send goods anywhere without some form of payment first unless were a business with payment terms.

This was what alerted me to a possible scam but in the end another form of payment was agreed to so alls well that ends well.
      07-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #33
kev335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by q_jonblaze View Post
thank you sir...
Your welcome. I have just won the lottery but I don't have a bank account can I have your details dob mother's maiden name? I will give you 10% lol
Appreciate 0