E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Aaarrggghh!! This time they....(and a favour to ask)

06-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Angry Aaarrggghh!! This time they....(and a favour to ask)

Last time some thieving scum nicked by gloss black grills.....now somebody's gone and pinched the small bumper covers for the headlight washer nozzles. I am pissed off but not that much, coz shit happens. It's the cost coinciding with inconvenience of getting replacements that's really getting on my tits!!

So the reason for the post and hence asking for a favour....... is anyone having anything sprayed in Sapphire Black as part of any mods/repairs that they're having done? I'd be willing to provide the parts (of course) and compensate you for the hassle......let me know.

Rang up a BMW bodyshop and they wanted £60 !!......each!!! They can go and f*** themselves at that price.

Thanks - Aky
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
Last time some thieving scum nicked by gloss black grills.....now somebody's gone and pinched the small bumper covers for the headlight washer nozzles. I am pissed off but not that much, coz shit happens. It's the cost coinciding with inconvenience of getting replacements that's really getting on my tits!!

So the reason for the post and hence asking for a favour....... is anyone having anything sprayed in Sapphire Black as part of any mods/repairs that they're having done? I'd be willing to provide the parts (of course) and compensate you for the hassle......let me know.

Rang up a BMW bodyshop and they wanted £60 !!......each!!! They can go and f*** themselves at that price.

Thanks - Aky

Christ, that happened to me two weeks ago too!!! They just took the front right headlight washer cover, not the left one... Soooo bloody irritating!! And mine were Sapphire Black too!!

You don't need to get them sprayed though - you can actually buy the replacement part already sprayed Sapphire Black, and the colour match on mine was perfect. Cost around £35 or so I think from the dealer... can't remember exactly!

Incidentally, where do you live? Not in Canary Wharf by any chance are you?!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I had my towing cover nicked off the front of the car. Think it was £38 for a sprayed one, or £6 primed. Got a can of BMW paint and lacquer and did it myself, and still have it for any further future thefts.

Got mine from Cotswold BMW, next day delivery, PM me if you want the guy's number.
      06-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Christ, that happened to me two weeks ago too!!! They just took the front right headlight washer cover, not the left one... Soooo bloody irritating!! And mine were Sapphire Black too!!

You don't need to get them sprayed though - you can actually buy the replacement part already sprayed Sapphire Black, and the colour match on mine was perfect. Cost around £35 or so I think from the dealer... can't remember exactly!

Incidentally, where do you live? Not in Canary Wharf by any chance are you?!
Hi Tony - which stealer did you source yours from? I'm live in East London/Essex but am from Bolton which is where I'm heading off to midweek to see family/take time off.

So I thought I'd ring Williams (Bolton) - Parts and pick up the covers there but was told that they only come primed and would have to get them sprayed seperately.

Are they telling porkies?

Regards - Aky

(BTW - why would anyone want to nick these?)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi Tony - which stealer did you source yours from? I'm live in East London/Essex but am from Bolton which is where I'm heading off to midweek to see family/take time off.

So I thought I'd ring Williams (Bolton) - Parts and pick up the covers there but was told that they only come primed and would have to get them sprayed seperately.

Are they telling porkies?

Regards - Aky

(BTW - why would anyone want to nick these?)
Yes, they're telling porkies. I got mine from BMW Battersea, but other parts departments should also be able to get them. Battersea won't send them to you as they don't do mail order, so you'll have to contact one of the others - BMW Peterborough have been very good for me in the past...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #6
Swiller
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Got mine nicked as well.
Ordered them primed only, which were £7 per side. They offered to spray em, but was gonna be over £100. Did em wiv halfords touch up kit as its a cheap way to get the paint and the clearcoat in one package. £35 all in.
There seems to be a few of these being nicked. It has to be owners who have had theirs nicked and cant be fagged with the hassle of replacing em.
w******s
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
If you want them sprayed I would advise finding a [small] local paintshop that will do the job for you on a fit-it-in basis for folding money if you get my drift
      06-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #8
Micky Dee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW sdrive 3.0i

Garage List
My headlight washer covers blew off!! BMW dealer told me they've had it happen before! Had to order in primer and get them sprayed Alpine White. Think about it.....why would someone want to nick them?!!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Also known as "car park accessories" - i.e someone nicked theirs, so they go and nick a replacement set to replace the nicked item[s].

Used to happen with [expensive] wheeltrims back along.
      06-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #10
Micky Dee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW sdrive 3.0i

Garage List
Mine were on when I started my journey (I'd washed my car in the morning and I'd have noticed if they'd been missing) but gone by the time I got to Winchester. Anyway, Listers replaced them under warranty!

Personally, I think it was something to do with using cheap screen wash which had gone like jelly (had problems washing screen as well) and I've only used BMW screen wash ever since!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #11
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Dee View Post
My headlight washer covers blew off!! BMW dealer told me they've had it happen before!
No offence but I think the dealer was talking a load of bollocks
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
bigfriendlyg
Why Play The Game When You Can Set Up Your Own?
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320i saloon

Garage List
2006 320i SE  [0.00]
Do bmw driver nick from other bmw drivers?? Suppose so then..... im keepin mine off road....
      06-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #13
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No offence but I think the dealer was talking a load of bollocks
Not exactly... left headlight washer cover on my car blew off on the autoroute from Brussels to Calais the last trip back from the Nurburgring with Carl & Will... it was a bit disconcerting seeing this flash of black plastic fly over the roof
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 05:14 AM   #14
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Not exactly... left headlight washer cover on my car blew off on the autoroute from Brussels to Calais the last trip back from the Nurburgring with Carl & Will... it was a bit disconcerting seeing this flash of black plastic fly over the roof
In that case, apologies to Micky Dee (and the dealer).

Tony - there isn't a part number available for the sprayed part is there, that I can just quote?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 06:31 AM   #15
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
In that case, apologies to Micky Dee (and the dealer).

Tony - there isn't a part number available for the sprayed part is there, that I can just quote?
I believe the pre-painted part numbers are the following:

61670034465 Left painted
61670034466 Right painted

In ordering both parts, you need to specify the colour code, which your dealer should know.

For your information, the primed-only parts are the following numbers:

61677171659 Left primed only
61677171660 Right primed only
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #16
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep

many thanks
Appreciate 0