E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Dealership service center service

04-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
TheTallJS
United_States
Rep
Drives: Metallic Black 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Dealership service center service

Hey peoples. I've been having some car troubles and wondered if any of you had some info or any feedback really. So the car has been pretty faithful and great until I took it in for service after the 100k mile warranty expired. Spent about 700$ on the dealership's "Recommended" service, which consisted of new spark plugs, fuel system cleanout, and brake fluid flush. I had complained that the car had some DSC and ABS warning messages and wanted them to check it out.
After I got the car back, everything was fine except one of the brakes were squealing now and I still got a DSC ABS warning a few weeks later. So I took it back to the dealership and asked for them to look at it again.
The advisor says the warning lights were probably due to my battery being the same stock battery and that I should change it. Then he says the squealing from my brakes is due to the brake sensor sticking and says changing the brake pads might help. He also says the brake pads still have 30% life.
So I'm wondering, does anyone know of a good reliable shop who can change the battery and possibly fix the brake squeaking around the SF peninsula bay area? And how much it would cost?
My car is 2006 E90 325i. (p.s. 6 cylinder 3 litre...)
Thanks for reading my long and inglorious story, and thanks for your feedback!
      04-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Try these guys....

Phaedrus BMW
-1641 Jackson St
-San Francisco, CA 94109

BMWs are all they do. I plan to take my car there as soon as my maintenance warranty runs out. I visited this shop 2 weeks ago and it is the cleanest shop that I've ever seen. I also spoke to the shop manager and he seemed to be very knowledgeable.

Let me guess..... the dealership you were referring to is BMW of SF. Right?