E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > [Mach III / Vorsteiner / DTM Kreuz / Dynamic Automotive] E92 Project Car Build

04-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #1
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

[Mach III / Vorsteiner / DTM Kreuz / Dynamic Automotive] E92 Project Car Build

Sacramento Raceway 7/6/08

I had a great time yesterday at the drag strip with a few friends. It was my first time ever going to the 1/4 mile and although our cars aren't exactly made for the 1/4 mile it was still plenty of fun. My times were alright; I only had 3 runs and improved about .2 seconds each time with my best time being 13.38 @ 104.6 mph. I think if I had been more aggressive on the launch I would have had much better times. It was also a pretty hot day. I can't wait to come back with a larger FMIC and maybe some lighter wheels.

Special Thanks to My Sponsors:
Mach III
DTM Kreuz
Vorsteiner
Logic Motorsports
Xenon Depot
Dynamic Automotive

Relevant Mods:
...... Logic Motorsports HVI Intake
...... Proceed V3 - Stage 2 Map
...... Arqray Titanium Hybrid Quad
...... Full Catless
...... Toyo T1R 255 and 315
...... 19 x 9 and 19 x 11 3-piece Wheels

91 Oct

Photos:

..........6/30/08
..........Sorry for the lack of updates recently, been busy getting the car fixed.
..........We had some electrical problems and the car had to be towed twice, but now everything seems good as new.
..........Unfortunately, because of the electrical problems the car didn't make Spocom, but it will be at Hella Flush and MOM Meet #2.
..........Lots of things are still coming or awaiting install. I've attached a few teaser shots of the aero bits from Vorsteiner.
..........Front mount and then Dynos when my v3 comes in to follow.

................Special thanks to Sponsors:
.....................Mach III
.....................Vorsteiner
.....................DTM Kreuz
.....................Dynamic Automotive
.....................Xenondepot
.....................Logic Motorsports

................Special thanks to Longtran, without whose help, this would not be possible
................Special thanks to Soph1aa for being generous enough to lend me her front wheels for so long
................Special thanks to Shragon for the thread title update
................Special thanks to Ray for lending me some brand new e90 wheels for a little bit of time
................Special thanks to Mike @ Golden Auto Muffler and Brake for the install
................Special thanks to the E90Post community for their continued support
................Special thanks to E46 Fanatics where I first contracted the mod bug
................Special thanks to Thomas and Alex for the photos from the meet on 5/28/08

..........6/14/08
..........This marks the beginning of the second component to this project: PERFORMANCE. Got a nice sized package from Logic Motorsports recently.
..........The CAI looks pretty good - welds look strong and the entire unit is surprisingly light. The coating will help when we're making some real power
..........It's also been a pleasure working with Max and the rest of Logic thus far. They seem like a good bunch of guys and are definitely on top of their products and support.
..........More photos and a review to come.

................Special thanks to Longtran, without whose help, this would not be possible
................Special thanks to Soph1aa for being generous enough to lend me her front wheels for so long
................Special thanks to Ray for lending me some brand new e90 wheels for a little bit of time
................Special thanks to Mike @ Golden Auto Muffler and Brake for the install
................Special thanks to the E90Post community for their continued support
................Special thanks to E46 Fanatics where I first contracted the mod bug
................Special thanks to Thomas and Alex for the photos from the meet on 5/28/08

..........6/5/08
..........BIG photoshoot today! I've been promising you guys pics and I haven't taken a decent photo in a while.
..........Pictures have been uploaded and are posted here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...17#post2776917
..........Special thanks to a.l.e.x. for helping me out with photos and taking a video of my exhaust (which I am uploading at the moment).

................Special thanks to Henry @ Mach III for organizing Mach III's participation in JDM Revolution 6/1/08
................Special thanks to a.l.e.x. for his help on shooting the exhaust video and taking photos with me on Jun 4 2008

Exhaust Clips!

Revving:
HD:
LQ:

In-car:
HD:
LQ:

Fly-by: on its way shortly, we need to find a safer area to film this.

..........6/1/08
..........Attended JDM Revolution at Japantown with MACH III today. MACH III took best AWD, best Turbo, best German today.
..........It was a pretty small show but there was an alright turn out; it was still fun to hang out with the MACH III crew and see some different cars as well.
..........Lighting wasn't as good as I had hoped so I'll have to save the photoshoot for a few days until I can find some time to photograph the car.
..........The car was received pretty well and there were a number of fans; we also took Best German. It's a small trophy but hopefully the beginning of more.
..........Also almost forgot, the project made e92 Car of the Month on E90post thanks to your support

................Special thanks to Henry @ Mach III for organizing Mach III's participation in JDM Revolution 6/1/08

by adrian tang:

by brian lim:

by andy:

..........5/30/08
..........Small update and some big things cooking...
..........The car's official debut will still be this Sunday with a photoshoot of what's been done so far due sometime around that time as well.
..........I've attached a few images below from the meet I attended on Wed. (photo props to a.l.e.x. and NinTenNom)
..........Visited turbohoses.com today in Livermore and had a chance to speak with the owner Hoover
..........We're both very interested in taking the car to the next level and with his extensive work on Nobles I'm a little more than just excited.

..........5/27/08
..........Nothing like some burnt titanium
..........After a 6 month wait for the exhaust to arrive and then another 5 to put them on the project car my Arqray quad titanium exhaust is on!
..........Also put on some DPs to help the car breath better (pictured are the stockers).
..........Special thanks to Mike @ Golden Auto Muffler and Brake for the install.

..........5/26/08
..........1 Picture, more SOON!
..........Tire sizes: 255/30/19 and 315/25/19 Toyo T1R thanks to Mach III for the tire help
..........Also thanks to XPO186 for bringing this to my attention: The "Green" Project has traveled overseas:

..........5/24/08
.......... Picked up the car today from the body shop.
..........Appt. with Golden Auto Muffler on Tues.
..........Mach III later Tues. and probably get worked on on Wed.
..........A few other shops this week!
..........Photos and unveiling on Jun 1st, but there is a meet on the 28th so maybe a few shots then.

..........5/22/08 Here is where the support for this project diverges and discussion begins.
..........The official unveiling of the car will be Jun. 1st at San Francisco's Japantown.
..........Mach III will have quite a few highly tuned cars there as well as some very tastefully modified e9Xs.
..........Please come by and take a look at the car as well as meet a few other enthusiasts!

..........Aims of the Project
My aim with this project was to combine the wider track advantages of the m3 with the tuning capability of the N54 Twin Turbo Engine. That being said the car will not sport any //M logos (the ones you see on the side vents will be removed). Furthermore although the body of the car resembles the M3 there will be a number of additions to the car that still have yet to be unveiled that will separate this car from M3s. My choice to go with an M3 conversion is based on the following facts: OEM fitment is unlike any other, using OEM panels drastically cuts down on unnecessary added weight that would otherwise be added in the process of widebodying the car, the 335i e92 is not a 50/50 weight platform, using OEM panels in the front and adding slightly more weight in the rear will help balance the car.

I know some of you are a little iffy about the color scheme right now as well but I've done a number of photoshops and am fairly confident everything will look alright when put together as a whole.

..........5/20/08
..........The paint work is completed
..........The car now has to be put back together,
..........get an alignment and then its next round of goodies and it'll be ready for an official unveiling.
..........Please enjoy these photos in the meantime. They aren't enhanced, this is what the paint from factory should have looked like - NO ORANGE PEEL!

..........5/12/08
..........Hopefully the car will be done by the end of the week.
..........All of the major work has been completed and the car is in pieces awaiting paint.

..........5/5/08
..........Unfortunately the car was not completed in time for Bimmerfest.
..........It's due to be completed in the next two weeks.
..........Here's an updated teaser photo; sorry to all those expecting updates sooner.

After an unimaginably frustrating month here's a picture. What you see here is not the finished product.

I promise this car will be something new that hasn't been seen before and it will have been put together in a little more than a month by a team of amazing companies and shops.

..........Special thanks to Sponsors:
...............Mach III
...............Vorsteiner
...............DTM Kreuz
...............Dynamic Automotive
...............Xenondepot
...............Logic Motorsports

..........Special thanks to Longtran, without whose help, this would not be possible

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT

Last edited by ironic; 07-12-2009 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #2
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

dude, I have always loved your car, I'm so excited it hurts...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 01:02 AM   #3
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Subscribed.

Can't wait to see the outcome.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 01:27 AM   #4
jeho
ig: jeffersonho
Finland
Rep
Drives: E90M3.E36M3

goood fucking job that you spent most of your $$ from savings and checking account...

PROPS
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 01:29 AM   #5
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

hahahahhahahhahaha you just had to make this thread huh? LOL!!!
      04-21-2008, 01:30 AM   #6
black36
Back Again
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Lets see what make you totally broke
      04-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #7
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: plenty

15 dollars left?

DAYUMM!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #8
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

your bank account is about to be closed down foo!
      04-21-2008, 01:33 AM   #9
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

lolol @ the bank statement, thats hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 01:33 AM   #10
NaTuReB0Y