E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Park Avenue BMW in Maywood NJ

12-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
doggiedog
Captain
Japan
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i 6MT SG/BL

Thumbs down Park Avenue BMW in Maywood NJ

I went to Park Ave BMW to check out the 3 series when I was cross shopping cars. I was leaning toward another G35 sedan but wanted to see the 3 before making a choice.

First off, there was nothing in the showroom but an M3. I got assigned a sales person who I won't mention by name and asked him if they had any manual 3s in stock. He reluctantly took me to his station and did a search. I mentioned to him that I bought my Acura MDX from Park Avenue and my wife bought her E36 325i from them as well so that I was a repeat customer. He asked me what else I was looking at and I told him the G35. He then gave me a condescending look as if I was stupid.

After finishing his search, he tells me they don't have any manual 3s. I asked him if that was it and he says yup, no offer to help or anything. Then looks at me to basically f*** off. I leave absolutely furious.

I ended up ordering an E90 335i from Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley NY with minimal hassle. I sent Park Avenue an email to detail their/the salesperson's horrible attitude and service and sure enough never got a response.

I will never do business with that dealership ever again.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
tooyoungtoofast
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

oo thats too bad i had a great sales person actually, but i was gonna buy a 3 series manual but a very clever parking attendant decided to smash it to a pole and that was out. then i saw another one and then some dude from mass bought that but i still got a car from there lol 330xi 06 i think she said i had sports premium and cold on it w/ no leather seats but on the msrp sheet it didnt say sport or cold weather, but just premium im starting to think now.... but overall she hleped me a lot
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

wow man that sucks. i wonder who it was...

both my bmws were from park ave, same salesman. he was great, went out of his way to help

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Hit up Sal (AutoCouture) he's a member on here and a SA at Park Ave. Maybe he can pass along the complaint. Hopefully your not complaining about him...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #5
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

i can certainly see this happening

i purchased my 335xi from Sal (auto couture) from Park Ave BMW. The sales process was absolutely fantastic. Sal was always there to answer any and ALL my questions.

sorry to hear about your experience, but if you are savvy enough to post a negative experience about a dealership, you should of been savvy enough to ask for recommendations of NJ dealerships and Sal's name would of definitely been mentioned.

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
doggiedog
Captain
Japan
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i 6MT SG/BL

I did business with Park Ave before when I bought my Acura so I figured I would try them first. I never thought I would be treated so poorly considering I told them I was a repeat customer. It just left a terrible taste in my mouth.

I went through word of mouth to get my BMW and got a very good deal. I joined this site recently not for dealer recommendations but more for modding my upcoming car. Had I known...

But this site is a fantastic resource. I will continue to visit it now that I've rejoined the BMW family.

BTW, I do know the name of the SA. I'd rather not post it up here. If anyone wants to know, they can PM me.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please let me know if there's anything I personally can do for you in the future.
Appreciate 0