E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Ferrari 458 Spider Runs Over Cop

08-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #89
kpcoupe
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaZeta View Post
I also wanted to add something that applies to this post: the appropriate way to act when being stopped by the police or getting a speeding/traffic ticket.

Not only do I work with/know many cops, assistant district attorneys, etc., but this method got me out of many speeding tickets because I didn't act like a jerk and put the officer at ease when I clearly should have been given a ticket. If the officer knows you won't cause trouble, respect them and you put them at ease, then they are more likely not to give you a ticket.

1. Pull over in a safe place as far over as you can. Turn off car and put on hazards.

2. Do not reach for anything in the glove box, under your seat or any compartment before the officer arrives at your window. Just sit there.

3. Simply sit there, put both hands palm up on top of the steering wheel and look straight ahead. Until the officer arrives at your window. Do not get out of the car unless instructed by the officer. This is the most dangerous time for an officer.

4. When the officer arrives at your car, keep the same position as #3. When the officer asks you questions say "no, sir", "yes, sir", "I'm not sure, sir", "I don't know, sir". You don't have to admit to anything. If the officer asks how fast you think you were going, you can just say the speed limit, sir. Look straight ahead. Don't argue, keep your answers short.

5. If the officer asks for your registration or license, tell the officer where they are located, move SLOWLY, and let the officer know what you are reaching for. "My registration is in the glove compartment sir. My license is in my wallet in my left pocket." Tell the officer, "I'm unbuckling my safety belt and will reach for my wallet in my left pocket with my left hand".

6. Keep your hands visible at all times, keep a level attitude, be courteous (even if the officer is not), and NO SUDDEN MOVEMENTS.

Remember, threatening that "you know so and so" and "I'll have your badge" will not result in you getting out of the ticket. Excuses will not work most of the time either. They don't care that you are late to work. They don't care that you are late for class.

Officers have great discretion at a traffic stop. Even if you do know so and so and can get out of it, wouldn't it be better not to have to call in a favor?

Police officers to have a difficult job. Just last month a local police officer was killed in the line of duty when responding to a domestic abuse case. The officer showed up outside of an apartment. The murderer ran into the apartment with his girlfriend and shut/locked the door with the officer outside of it. When the officer was just about to kick in the door the murderer shot the officer through the door, killing him.

Please note that this applies mainly to speeding tickets. If you are ever caught drunk driving, there is a very different response that you should give the officer, but I will not post in this forum what is the appropriate way to limit the evidence collected for a DUI traffic stop before going to court.
I agree with all of what your saying that this is what you should do, however, think its absolutely absurd that they have to be treated like royalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
I thought so.

Cops should show more professionalism than this guy did. A public office official acting like a jealous actor and overreacting to an otherwise routine stop? The majority of cops in my area are fully corrupt and constantly under investigation for things that range from corruption and misappropriating funds to gross misconduct causing death (not to mention the 'usual' excessive force etc).

The driver may have been a tool, but the cop should have acted a bit more mature like his badge would suggest.

This poster got it bang on:

Cop was/is a twat
agreed, power trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
Kid has more dollars than sense. Poor judgment, bad attitude. Makes you wonder how he got in a position to afford the car in the first place. Probably dad's money, or he deals coke to spoiled brats in the Village.
actually hes an internet millionaire that cofounded some app a while back. shouldn't jump to those conclusions.
      08-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #90
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcoupe View Post
actually hes an internet millionaire that cofounded some app a while back. shouldn't jump to those conclusions.
What is his name?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #91
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

For those of you think that the cop overreacted by punching the car/window/door/whatever, I'd like to see someone roll their cars on your feet and expect you to remain calm and not doing anything. I would hurt the person and his car with a more serious weapon than a fist if someone rolls his car on my foot.
      08-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #92
kpcoupe
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
What is his name?
julien chabbott
      08-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #93
mrkhanna16
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SSII/Fox Red ZCP DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
You're dreaming, by the time you're Schnell's age , your mom and dads would have already kicked you out of their house. Hahahahahahaha
Dont live with mom or dad and lease the M by myself.....U think ur funny? No need to act like a serf dude....

E92 M3 SSII/Fox Red, DCT, ZCP
past rides-IS350, E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #94
mrkhanna16
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I'm very impressed by your possible future accomplishments.
Whats 300k when u start you career very young?

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #95
ZHPtoM3
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keik E92 M3 View Post
WHO THE HELL IS "Stephanie Pratt"?
http://www.inquisitr.com/43274/steph...ested-for-dui/

Do you guys also refuse to pull over for speeding tickets. Meh Its okay, the cop has your license plate, he can just mail the ticket ! lol

I was pulled over by a bike cop once. I was driving down the boulevard and she pedaled right out in front of my car, then stopped. I thought she was rushing to get to the other side of the road for an emergency. The dumb broad risked getting run over just to issue me a ticket for window tint !
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #96
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkhanna16 View Post
Well, as evidenced by the video in this thread, any idiot can own a Ferrari. I wouldn't necessarily mark it as a landmark of one's accomplishments.

Dude, you're on the freakin Internet, so there's no need to prove yourself. Have fun and be safe.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #97
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelahi View Post
Those scratches on the car at the end of the clip as a result of the cop dragging him out ended up costing him more than the ticket!!! Let alone the embarrassment of now being on youtube, spending a few hours in jail & facing criminal charges.

I would have taken the $30 ticket, apologized and been on my way... but that's just me!!! To each their own I guess
I agree^^^

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #98
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
That's pocket change.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #99
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Dont live with mom or dad and lease the M by myself.....U think ur funny? No need to act like a serf dude....
You lease the M3 all by yourself !
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #100
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcoupe View Post
I agree with all of what your saying that this is what you should do, however, think its absolutely absurd that they have to be treated like royalty.
You are missing the point.. NYPD deals with some serious scum on a daily basis and unfortunately the dangerous ones don't have "dangerous person" stamped on their forehead.

My Dad was in law enforcement and taught other agents how to use a FATS machine (Fire Arm Training System). Its a huge screen on a wall and you have a real 9MM beretta 92D hooked up to this system and air is pushed through the gun to simulate the slide racking back when you fire the gun. (Nothing comes out of it). It can also recognize voice commands too and the people on the screen will do what you tell them "sometimes".

But they run different scenarios on it and my favorite was you are walking up to this very cute house and you knock on the door. This old lady answers and after you identify who you are she complains about her cookies burning in the oven. You are supposed to tell her to stay there but she walks away anyway. When she comes back she sticks a double barrel shotgun in your face. GOOD LUCK trying to draw fast enough cus once she turns the corner all you hear is a loud bang.

These officers only get one chance to get it right and the least we can do is be nice and follow directions. MOST of them a GREAT PEOPLE...

They are under a TON of stress.. I lost my Dad because of a heart condition last year. He had 25+ years as a Federal Agent...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #101
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Also have you guys seen this?? One of the Apps the kid made was about not waiting in lines... Its called LINE SNOB!!! very fitting.. WOW

Here is the link..

http://blog.babson.edu/news/2010/05/...-way-you-wait/

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #102
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MMB View Post
I'm I the only one who noticed the cop kept slamming the Ferrari door against that taxi?
I saw that as well, and cringed each time. Man, I hate door dings, lol.

I do prefer Lamborghini over Ferrari, but that machine is like a work of art! I would be nervous to drive that in the city, but I guess if you can afford something like that, then maintenance and repairs must be within the budget I guess.

That guy should have just taken the ticket. There was no way he was going to come out a "winner" in that situation.
      08-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #103
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Its a failed app as it seems nothing has been updated for years. He got the money from his parents. Anyone who made it themselves don't act this way.. unless they're drug dealers or have problems with cops.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #104
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsabec View Post
That blonde was not hot.
Word.
      08-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #105
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

As soon as that car started moving the cops should have unloaded their guns on the punk. Then stopped, gotten a glass of water reloaded their guns and unloaded another full clip into him! Then gottten a nice back rub. Pulled his body out of the car loaded their guns again and fired another clip into his dick! Just to make sure he will never have kids by accident!

Trust fund babies, only good for one thing...dying!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #106
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
meh.
+1. It really doesn't matter what her name is or what show she was on however many years ago. She is still not very impressive, IMHO.
      08-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #107
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
As soon as that car started moving the cops should have unloaded their guns on the punk.
I know that was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but I've seen video of cops actually doing just that.

That's why what this kid did was so stupid.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #108
mrkhanna16
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Well, as evidenced by the video in this thread, any idiot can own a Ferrari. I wouldn't necessarily mark it as a landmark of one's accomplishments.

Dude, you're on the freakin Internet, so there's no need to prove yourself. Have fun and be safe.
Exactly, some people dont understand there place in society like the two that keep hating. I guess these guy's peak in the car scene will be the M3, and that was my beginning. Happy Living everyone.

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #109
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Exactly, some people dont understand there place in society like the two that keep hating. I guess these guy's peak in the car scene will be the M3, and that was my beginning. Happy Living everyone.
Some people don't realize that certain things like class, respect, honor, discipline and maturity CANNOT be bought.

A Ferrari can be bought by anyone with good credit and steady income however...

What we choose to spend our money on doesn't make us who we are. What we do with the things we have, however grand or insignificant, will define our character.

Disclaimer: Sorry I got all philosophical for a moment... it happens from time to time in my old age when addressing the "younger" members of socitey, lol
      08-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #110
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Stupid cop, thinks he is a cow-boy and can do what he wants. I would have pulled a gun an shot him down for touching the tire of my Ferrari with his dirty shoes, then striking on the A-pillar, and opening the door.
Appreciate 0