E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2008 328i coupe 6 speed / sport (low miles)

10-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
Helmsdini
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i sport

2008 328i coupe 6 speed / sport (low miles)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey all,
I recently found out I am going to be a father, so I am selling my black on black 6 speed E92 328i with sport package. This car was my "weekend" car. and has been a total pleasure to drive. It was special ordered with the manual / sport option. Gas mileage is stellar, and it is covered for several more years (and miles) under the BMW certified warranty. All of the upgrades can be reversed and are tasteful- using only OEM BMW parts. Vehicle has never been wrecked/ damaged and has always been garage kept. More pictures can be uploaded if desired.

Details:
-Sport package (suspension, wheels, seats, no top speed governor)
-Cold weather package (heated seats, fold down rear seat, headlight washer)
-Adult owned and driven
-less than 29,000 actual miles
-Certified pre-owned warranty (6 years/ 100K miles)
-ipod / MP3 interface
-Rare 6 speed manual
- Jet black color (Schwartz II) / black interior
- No wrecks or problems

This car has been garage kept and hasn’t ever seen snow. The next owner will be entitled to the BMW certified pre-owned warranty which will cover the vehicle until mid 2014 or 100K miles. It still has a year left on the BMW factory maintenance program as well. There are a few small cosmetic upgrades that I added, but all of the original parts will be supplied with the car if the owner wants to reverse anything. The window trim is chrome, but it has been professionally blacked out with BMW shadowline vinyl tape (this can be removed if desired). The front grilles are BMW matte black sport grilles. The shifter is a genuine BMW short shift kit. The shifter knob has been upgraded to an OEM BMW ZHP weighted knob. The reflectors are smoked to better match the car, and the rear badge is black (purchased, not spray-bombed). It also has the self-leveling xenon HID headlights with “angel eyes” and brighter GP thunder bulbs installed in them.
The interior is like new. zero signs of wear. Everything is in excellent shape and works perfectly, no smoking or eating in this car. The interior is black leather with the desirable BMW sport seats. It also has the more sporty brushed aluminum interior trim instead of wood. It has the ipod interface, and you can plug in your jump drive to upload MP3’s. It also has dual climate control and heated seats; and like most newer BMW’s it has a sunroof and rain sensing windshield wipers.

Mechanically the car is also perfect. The engine is simply amazing and it can be as docile or ferocious as you need it to be. It runs and idles perfectly without the dreaded “tick” that some of these engines have. On the highway it regularly pulls in numbers over 30 MPG, and around town it manages mid 20’s. The SSK shifter is very crisp and direct, and the clutch and transmission are a pleasure to operate. The brakes will stop the car on a dime and the tires have plenty of life left.

You will not regret this car in any way and it will absolutely plaster a smile on your face if you like to drive. The sport package makes the handling of this car almost telepathic. I hate to even list it for sale; but I need to free up some money for my growing family. KBB values this car at 27.8K. There is a lien on the vehicle so monies will need to be directed to the lienholder. Please contact before making payment.

This vehicle is located in Richmond, IN and I am selling for 25,000. No trades or low-balls please- I need to pay this car off. Feel free to PM or email me directly at Helmsdini (at) hotmail.com

(older pic- before ZHP shifter install)

Last edited by Helmsdini; 10-30-2011 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
ecaicedo
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 325i

Questions

Bump for a fellow enthusiast who knows how to treat a BMW! Nice looking car! I was wondering a few things:

In your post you say that the car has 100K warranty that covers oil changes, etc... BMW generally gives you to kinds of extra coverage beyond the 4-yr warranty/maintenance that comes with the new car: extended maintenance, and extended warranty. extended maintenance covers vehicle maintenance (oil changes, brakes, filters, etc) due to normal wear and tear. extended warranty covers component failure that should not fail (for example, your a/c goes out). do you have both coverages, or just the maintenance coverage?

Does it have power seats?

Does it have Logic 7 sound?

How often have you changed the oil? BMW says every 15 K miles. Others believe a lower mileage interval is necessary. Which one did you follow?

How many miles on the current tires?

Good luck with sale! Ed
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
Helmsdini
Rep

Thanks for the comments! The pictures are terrible, and really don't do it any justice. I will try to get some better pics up.

The extra warranty is the "BMW Certified Pre-Owned" warranty. The original factory warranty is still good for another year or so, but the certified warranty kicks in after that point and takes it out to 6 yr/ 100K miles. I actually just looked up what that entails and the oil changes and maintenance are not covered. I will edit this post!

The seats are not power, and I am not sure if it has the logic 7 sound system. I would say "no" to be safe, but I will check in the stereo tomorrow to make sure. It has the extra speakers in the back, but that doesn't mean it is logic 7 sound.

I have been doing 1/2 life oil changes on the vehicle since I have owned it- 7500 miles on the intervals.

The tires have been replaced (stock Mich. Pilot Sport 2 RSC), and have about 5K on them or so. I just had the vehicle serviced and all of the tires were checked and are well within the "green" range. Plenty of tread life left on these.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #4
ecaicedo
Rep

thanks for the quick reply. when you got it, how many miles did it have?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
Helmsdini
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaicedo View Post
thanks for the quick reply. when you got it, how many miles did it have?
Just a little over 20K. The previous owner didn't drive it much either, and also kept it safe in the garage. Speaking to the last owner, he special ordered it with the 6 speed and the aluminum interior trim. He upgraded to an M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Helmsdini
Rep

I have a few more pictures I took today. Still with a crappy P&S camera, but better angles of the car.

More interior shots (showing the shifter) plus one showing tire wear:

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
redvitesse
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E92, Xterra, RoverVitesse

Please PM Me here in chicago

Looking for close to what you have listed. Please PM when you have a free moment. Congrats on becoming a dad bytheway

My original post here- http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592939
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
Helmsdini
Rep

Bumpity bump!! Video walk around:

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #9
space328i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

wow this car is a AMAZING !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
ecaicedo
Rep

SOMEONE buy this car!!! I can't, but I think it would make a great buy for anyone who can. The owner is clearly a world-class guy, and the car is in great shape. And, no, I'm not getting anything for saying that.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #11
Helmsdini
Rep

Thanks!

Space328i: Thanks for the compliments!

I appreciate the kind words E!

Last edited by Helmsdini; 11-12-2011 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 0