E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Canada Announces Limited E90 335xi xDrive Sedan Special Edition With Power Kit

04-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #1013
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Xdrive Special Edition

The Service Engine light came back on again 3 days after the dealer said they have fixed the problem by replacing the DTML!!! Not to mention that they had scratch my car near the hood and made a dent near the back door
I am total disappointed!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #1014
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco335iXdriveSE View Post
The Service Engine light came back on again 3 days after the dealer said they have fixed the problem by replacing the DTML!!! Not to mention that they had scratch my car near the hood and made a dent near the back door
I am total disappointed!
Your dealer sucks!!

2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #1015
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
Don't worry about what this leaker guy is saying. Not sure he realized that we all have the same stock wheels. 12mm will work for the car if its not lowered.
Txs. I'm still inclined to go with that.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #1016
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius909 View Post
Your dealer sucks!!
Sounds like it. If he lives in a bigger center hopefully he has others to choose from.

Only one dealer for hundreds of miles around here, but fortunately (in my case anyway), they have always been top notch in all respects.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #1017
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep

Quote:
Your dealer sucks!!
I made a complain to the manager about the scratch and the dent and the dealer promise to fix it for me. I told the manager that the tech that serviced my car should be coached! There is no need for the tech to go in the back seat! How did it get dirty up and a dent near the door!

They don't seem to be able to fix the Service Engine Light problem!!!
Depending on how it goes with the repair work, I may not keep the car at the end of the term; in fact I may never buy a BWM again!
I was think of adding stuff to the car: JB4, another set of wheels & etc....
But what is the point of doing that if the Engine light keeps coming back and the car's performance is limited!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #1018
firsttimer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Quote:
I made a complain to the manager about the scratch and the dent and the dealer promise to fix it for me. I told the manager that the tech that serviced my car should be coached! There is no need for the tech to go in the back seat! How did it get dirty up and a dent near the door!

Depending on how it goes with the repair work, I may not keep the car at the end of the term; in fact I may never buy a BWM again!
But what is the point of doing that if the Engine light keeps coming back and the car's performance is limited!!!!!
I would try informing BMW Canada about this, that is a terrible experience.

ALso I hate it when I hate the car in, the inside of the doors are scuffed up!!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #1019
williewonkerz
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
not to derail from the poor service thread, but I recently installed 15mm spacers all the way around and have had no rubbing or issues. In fact, a side effect I've noticed is that I *swear* the car rides better, sounds ridiculous but even my wife noticed. Possible that tires are now broken in?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #1020
Bobby_Sardells
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 30 Jahre

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post
not to derail from the poor service thread, but I recently installed 15mm spacers all the way around and have had no rubbing or issues. In fact, a side effect I've noticed is that I *swear* the car rides better, sounds ridiculous but even my wife noticed. Possible that tires are now broken in?
I'm buying 15mm right this second!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #1021
summall
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
I am total disappointed!
So sorry to hear that. Hope they resolve for you soon. Do you mind sharing which dealer is this? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #1022
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Sardells View Post
I'm buying 15mm right this second!
my 12mm and 18mm spacers are sitting on the garage steps, taunting me.

Going to install tomorrow or thursday. Will post pictures.

35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #1023
Bobby_Sardells
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 30 Jahre

Garage List
Quote:
my 12mm and 18mm spacers are sitting on the garage steps, taunting me.

Going to install tomorrow or thursday. Will post pictures.
wat make did u go with / how much?

18mm are going in the front right? Wont it look funny with a wider track upfront?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #1024
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

I think I'll place an order today. Probably going to get these ones.

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_wheel_spacers.html
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #1025
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

18mm are going in the front right? Wont it look funny with a wider track upfront?
12 and 18 are max I can go with and someone on here has done the same and apparently looks good without having to roll the fenders.

If it looks funny in the front I'll sell the 18mm and get maybe 15 in the front (Shrugs).

burgertuning.

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #1026
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Toronto guys...gonna be at kennedy commons tonight for dinner. If you want to see what the car looks like with spacers etc drop by after and I can stick around for a while. Chime in.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #1027
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

See my post above guys. Thought I would quote you guys so that you would see this.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #1028
Weltall.
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335i S.E

Is it a bad thought thinking about upgrading our intake?
Was thinking either a drop in or the injen for sound, but if I went injen, I would lose the PPK plaque right?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #1029
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weltall. View Post
Is it a bad thought thinking about upgrading our intake?
Was thinking either a drop in or the injen for sound, but if I went injen, I would lose the PPK plaque right?
K&N drop in would probably help airflow a bit. Intake doesnt seem to improve much on this car compared to the n54 engine.

The injen will give a cool sound but the bms intake is a better buy and accomplishes the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #1030
Weltall.
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335i S.E

I have been thinking about the bms a lot, it's just gonna have to wait though. I'd rather drop the car a little first... Or AE's.... damn...
Just gonna start compiling a list of wants haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #1031
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by summall View Post
So sorry to hear that. Hope they resolve for you soon. Do you mind sharing which dealer is this? Thanks
I called the dealer today and they said they replaced the DTML pumpm this time...I thought they replaced it last time but in fact they just replaced the Tank Vent Valve last time.

The Service agent said that I may be able to pick up the car tomorrow afternoon. Asked him if the scratch and the dent are going to be fixed, he said "Yes". I do not want to bad mouth any dealer, I know mistakes do happen but for a brand new car and a prestige brand, it is simply unacceptable! I will post more update after I get the back, I do hope the problem will go away but I am have little faith in that. I will give BWM Canada a call after I pick up my car, regardless if the problem will come back or not."... As I have mentioned to the dealer that the complaint I was making to them did not meant to hurt their business, but to wake them up to provide the kind service that lives up with their brand! If they keep on doing this, eventually the brand will suffer! If BMW wants to maintain their position in the auto industry, they really have to focus on the quality of their car; and their dealers have to change their attitude and work on their customer service. Even though BMW's cars may drive and handle better than their competitors, it does help to own a brand new car that has problem two weeks after owing it! Meanwhile, the competitors are coming close if not catching up yet with performance and driving experience! I should be enjoying car, but look me now, bought the car for over $60k, and bringing it back and forth for servicing!!!
For those of you who are having problem with the cars, I completely feel how you feel!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #1032
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Installed LUX today :)

1 hour.
Scraped hands.
Looks good I'll post more pics tonight when I take night shots.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #1033
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I called the dealer today and they said they replaced the DTML pumpm this time...I thought they replaced it last time but in fact they just replaced the Tank Vent Valve last time.

The Service agent said that I may be able to pick up the car tomorrow afternoon. Asked him if the scratch and the dent are going to be fixed, he said "Yes". I do not want to bad mouth any dealer, I know mistakes do happen but for a brand new car and a prestige brand, it is simply unacceptable! I will post more update after I get the back, I do hope the problem will go away but I am have little faith in that. I will give BWM Canada a call after I pick up my car, regardless if the problem will come back or not."... As I have mentioned to the dealer that the complaint I was making to them did not meant to hurt their business, but to wake them up to provide the kind service that lives up with their brand! If they keep on doing this, eventually the brand will suffer! If BMW wants to maintain their position in the auto industry, they really have to focus on the quality of their car; and their dealers have to change their attitude and work on their customer service. Even though BMW's cars may drive and handle better than their competitors, it does help to own a brand new car that has problem two weeks after owing it! Meanwhile, the competitors are coming close if not catching up yet with performance and driving experience! I should be enjoying car, but look me now, bought the car for over $60k, and bringing it back and forth for servicing!!!
For those of you who are having problem with the cars, I completely feel how you feel!!!!
sucks dude. Just hang in there. Sounds like a minor problem(ish)? Having a crappy dealer does not help the situation either as it just adds to it.

Keep us updated!

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #1034
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep

Quote:
sucks dude. Just hang in there. Sounds like a minor problem(ish)? Having a crappy dealer does not help the situation either as it just adds to it.

Keep us updated!
Got my car back today! They replaced the DTML pump.... They also fixed the dent and scratch.
I asked the service consultant if there is a design problem and if a different part was used to replace the DTML pump, he said they replaced it with the same part #.

I then asked him why a new car, apparently with new parts, needs to have the 'new part' replaced, he just gave me some BS as answer!

Can anyone explain why a new car, with new parts, needs to a 'new part' replaced? If the part is already new, then why does it need to be replaced by another new part to fix the problem? What is the logic here?
Appreciate 0