Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tyre-wear mileage

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
shoread
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SE Saloon

Tyre-wear mileage

I have an E90 325i (manual) which came with Bridgestone RE050A (Asymetric) OEM run-flat tyres (size 225/45 R17W).

Car has now done 18000 miles, and although front tyres till have plenty of weat left, the rear ones look like they may only do about another 4000 miles.

From memory, my previous E46 BMW (also a manual 325i) was fitted with Pirelli P6000 types which I reckon lasted nearer to 30,000 miles on the back, and over 45,000 on the front.

My driving style hasn't changed, and so the question on my mind is why are the tyres on my new E90 wearing out so fast??

Is it because they're run-flat's, and RFT's warer faster?
Or is it because Bridgestonne's wear faster than Pirelli's?

I would be interested in other people's comments on this, and how many miles you've got from your tyes?

And, finally, should I replace with Bridgestone RE050A (Asymetric), or BS R050 (non-asymetric), or with Continental Sport Contact, or Michelin Pilot Primacy HP, or Pirelli Eurofia's (which seem the ones I can get in the UK)??

Mileages, comments, views and suggestions gratefully received.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

My Bridgestone RE050A tires that came with the car lasted about 14k. I changed to Michelin Pilot Sport 2's and they have last me 32k so far. About 2k left on the rears and about 10 on the front.