E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Any ideas???

06-16-2017, 03:42 AM   #1
('_')e90('_')
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i m sport

Any ideas???

Well with 6months of hassle free E90 ownership under my belt my first 'blip'
Started the car and it started fine but there was a small puff of smoke from the exhaust, drove two miles and it went lumpy as anything stalled and died with the eml light on, managed to nurse it home but started it in the evening and on the drive it idled well but the light remained. A mechanic I know plugged in a diagnostic and it came back inlet crank sensor which he reset(I think from memory) it drove fine on my short journey for 2wks then the same happened. I had the sensor replaced and reset the light. This morning I managed to get to the same point in the road and it happened again (although no light) but rough, and stalls.
Any ideas??? Or similar experiences?
It's a 2006 325i n52 67k on the clock FSH
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 03:50 AM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
If there's a fault with your inlet cam sensor, clearing the fault code/light won't cure the fault. Suggest you have the codes re-read and correct whatever it shows (e.g. fit a new camshaft sensor).
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 03:53 AM   #3
('_')e90('_')
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i m sport

Hi
Thanks for the reply, I have had the sensor replaced and reset yesterday, got the 2 miles down the road this morning and same symptoms but no eml light.
Appreciate 0