E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VRSF downpipes for XI pleaseeee!!!!

09-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #199
poloace
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi coupe

Completely agree with above posts... You gotta make a name for yourself any field. The wait time for these to come to production is a fuc*ing joke. How Long should it seriously take to produce? A week? I love my ARs... I school people up and down the road and get compliments by how beautiful my car sounds. Listen, I'm also one for saving some green and I feel sorry for those in a position where they feel like they need to wait for the set tiago has promised. It's not your fault for wanting to pay less for a 'comparable' product. I just think you'll be disappointed by wait times. That said, I hope I'm proven wrong and you all get the pipes you deserve. Have fun, drive safely.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #200
bmwm3redblack
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M3 E46, BMW E92 335Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Power comes from the removal of the cats. Look at the turbos when you remove your downpipes and you'll realize where the real bottleneck on the exhaust side of the system is.

I ran 1/4 miles with 3" and 2.5" downpipes back to back multiple times and could not pickup any difference whatsoever. The times were always identical between the two.

Sounds promising to me, cause i was afraid of low hp gains,because of 2.5 xi pipes
      09-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #201
King mode
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Larger the dp faster the spool, not that we have a problem with that though. I guaranty that if you ran open dump tubes at the end of the 3" section, you would pick up hp ESP. Up top. I'm surprised no one has run electric cut outs yet. Would be great for the track and still keep the stock cat back.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #202
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

More bad news unfortunately... I called to make my appointment for this Saturday but the owner of the shop who does most of the work is going to be out at a wedding... I really wish they were here last Friday cause then I would have them all done but there's nothing I could do since they didn't get here. I would have it done on the week but my car is my DD and I can't be without it for so long on a weekday (i'm getting FMIC, DP's, Rotors, SS lines, Fluid, Pads, and injectors done). I really apologize to everyone because I didn't want to add to the wait... I'm going to see what I can do and try to maybe find someone to do it this weekend although I doubt thats the route i'll go since almost ever shop i've called a few weeks ago had prices to high except the one i'm going to.

Edit: Never mind I put some thought into it and I really don't want to be the one holding this up any longer... I'm going to drop it off Saturday morning and hopefully pick it up either Sunday or Monday since Monday is columbus day.

Last edited by psmitty95; 10-01-2012 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #203
Envuks
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335xi

Are these available? I couldn't find the xi version on their website. Very interested!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #204
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
More bad news unfortunately... I called to make my appointment for this Saturday but the owner of the shop who does most of the work is going to be out at a wedding... I really wish they were here last Friday cause then I would have them all done but there's nothing I could do since they didn't get here. I would have it done on the week but my car is my DD and I can't be without it for so long on a weekday (i'm getting FMIC, DP's, Rotors, SS lines, Fluid, Pads, and injectors done). I really apologize to everyone because I didn't want to add to the wait... I'm going to see what I can do and try to maybe find someone to do it this weekend although I doubt thats the route i'll go since almost ever shop i've called a few weeks ago had prices to high except the one i'm going to.

Edit: Never mind I put some thought into it and I really don't want to be the one holding this up any longer... I'm going to drop it off Saturday morning and hopefully pick it up either Sunday or Monday since Monday is columbus day.
CPO
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #205
nailer335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i f30 330i g20 m340i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
2022 m340i  [0.00]
2017 330i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company
Quote:

CPO
I like being able to replace stock parts with upgrades. CPO is probably nice. So is getting stoptech slotted/drilled rotors, pads, SS lines, and motul brake fluid.

Itd be nice for the injectors though
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #206
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envuks View Post
Are these available? I couldn't find the xi version on their website. Very interested!
Not yet they need to be test fitted then put into production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
CPO
I wish I bought CPO although what the guy below said is also true. I'm happy to have upgraded brakes that will stop better and dust less. When i was at 49.5k miles I had my car in with the dealership 3 times in 2 weeks and they refused to replace the brakes. They were claiming the rear brakes were aftermarket since we didn't buy it from a BMW dealership and thats where the squeaking was coming from. It was obvious the squeaking was coming from the front of the car though. We wound up emailing back and forth with the manager and the head of BMW NA north east and then they stopped responding to us and the car went out of warranty... I would have had all of that done if I could have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
I like being able to replace stock parts with upgrades. CPO is probably nice. So is getting stoptech slotted/drilled rotors, pads, SS lines, and motul brake fluid.

Itd be nice for the injectors though
Exactly why i'm not that mad that i'm replacing them out of warranty. It's going to be nice having brakes that stop better and dust much less than the OEM. On the other hand I wish I was CPO for the injectors. I'm only replacing the one that needs to be replaced though...
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #207
Envuks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Not yet they need to be test fitted then put into production.

Do know know if someone is already lined up to do the test fit? I might be willing and able to participate if that's the hold up. I'm located in MA.

Thanks,

18" BBS RGRs, KW v1, ESS Stage 2 flash, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF downpipes, JG Mods m-tech front, mtec V3 AEs, BMS OCC, hardwired valentine 1, p3cars gauge, amber delete, sport seats, factory oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #208
Envuks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloace View Post
Completely agree with above posts... You gotta make a name for yourself any field. The wait time for these to come to production is a fuc*ing joke. How Long should it seriously take to produce? A week? I love my ARs... I school people up and down the road and get compliments by how beautiful my car sounds. Listen, I'm also one for saving some green and I feel sorry for those in a position where they feel like they need to wait for the set tiago has promised. It's not your fault for wanting to pay less for a 'comparable' product. I just think you'll be disappointed by wait times. That said, I hope I'm proven wrong and you all get the pipes you deserve. Have fun, drive safely.
I think it all comes down to how eager one is to get a set of DPs on the car. Personally, I am not chomping at the bit like others so I'm perfectly comfortable waiting. I'm sure there are others who are frustrated with the wait time, but there are other options in the market if people are feeling rushed.

I'm not sure I would call the time to market a joke. It's a decision made by the vendor in the context of other work / projects that are currently underway. My guess is that they could speed this up if it was deemed a higher priority, but that's for them to decide.... At least he is being honest about the timeline by not committing to when they will be available at this point.... Some vendors would be taking orders at this point

18" BBS RGRs, KW v1, ESS Stage 2 flash, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF downpipes, JG Mods m-tech front, mtec V3 AEs, BMS OCC, hardwired valentine 1, p3cars gauge, amber delete, sport seats, factory oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #209
kdiggz
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3

Of course they wait until I sell my car to come out with new stuff for the xi guys. Glad to hear it though.

Anyone that doesn't want to wait, I have a set of brand new vk motorwerks downpipes that fit xi. They don't make these anymore so this might be the last brand new set in existence. I'd sell for 300. Pm me
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #210
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do know know if someone is already lined up to do the test fit? I might be willing and able to participate if that's the hold up. I'm located in MA.

Thanks,
I'm actually the one who's test fitting. Most likely dropping the car off this Saturday and getting it back either Sunday or Monday.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #211
Envuks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I'm actually the one who's test fitting. Most likely dropping the car off this Saturday and getting it back either Sunday or Monday.
That's pretty awesome. Are you going to have the DPs on the car when you pick it up?

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Last edited by Envuks; 10-04-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #212
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's pretty awesome. Are you going to have the DPs on the car when you pick it up?

Please keep us posted on how it goes.
Yea i'm dropping it off Saturday morning and picking it up either Sunday or Monday. The downpipes will be installed along with a FMIC, TMS brake kit, and new injector. If all goes according to plan and they fit perfectly I should have some pictures up on here for you guys to check out and hopefully some sound clips also.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #213
Envuks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yea i'm dropping it off Saturday morning and picking it up either Sunday or Monday. The downpipes will be installed along with a FMIC, TMS brake kit, and new injector. If all goes according to plan and they fit perfectly I should have some pictures up on here for you guys to check out and hopefully some sound clips also.
Sounds great. I'm envious. Hopefully all will good well and these will be available soon. I'm feeling like I want a set asap now that I see how close we are. I'll call them once I hear back on the status of your install.

Can't wait for the photos and sound clip. good luck and enjoy!

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #214
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Dropped it off this morning. Here's the Facebook page of the shop that's installing them so feel free to check out their page if you'd like. They will be posting up pictures as they go through the install.

https://www.facebook.com/acidynamix?fref=ts
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #215
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Dropped it off this morning. Here's the Facebook page of the shop that's installing them so feel free to check out their page if you'd like. They will be posting up pictures as they go through the install.

https://www.facebook.com/acidynamix?fref=ts
What is the brake kit?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #216
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
What is the brake kit?
Turner Motorsport brake kit. Slotted rotors, SS lines, ATE super blue fluid, and Hawk HPS pads
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #217
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by King mode View Post
+100000000000000

In my business if you say your going do do something and don't deliver what you say
when you say, no one will do business with you in the future. The customer doesn't care if someone "stole" your test fit pipes or your busy with other things, or your shop burned down, or your town had an earthquake, or whatever the excuse may be. Find another "supplier" to build the pipes, or do it yourself, or hire a reputable welder. Get the job done or don't do it at all and don't ever mislead your potential customers (these were said to be ready how long ago?). No one wants to hear
endless excuses of why something simple can't be delivered on time.

Sorry for the lesson of how to run a successful business but this is basic
business 101.

I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk with this post, it just needs to be said.
Your comment clearly comes from somebody who doesn't have a clue what goes on when you run your own business. I'm not defending Tiago, I have AR Dp's, but your comments just make you sound completely ignorant. I'm in business, and one of my businesses is dedicated to fabrication, and NOTHING goes as planned. Half of the fun, is dealing with challenges that arise during the fabrication, manufacturing and distribution process. I don't think you realize that nobody wants these DP's to be ready more than Tiago not just from a reputation standpoint, but also to recoup capital he has vested in this project. I would sooner see a company take a little longer and complete their due-diligence ensuring a product was as perfect as possible, than pulling a Microsoft and have to make continued fixes over the next year.

Although you might be frustrated with the 'continued-wait', nobody is keeping you from heading online and buying a set of DP's from a competitor. Stop complaining like a child who rants but doesn't actually do anything about it. If you are truly unsatisfied with the progress and delivery time, than go somewhere else because a lost sale is truly a sign of an upset customer.

I'm not trying to attack you, but its always easier to play Monday-morning quarterback and complain.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #218
King mode
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Your comment clearly comes from somebody who doesn't have a clue what goes on when you run your own business. I'm not defending Tiago, I have AR Dp's, but your comments just make you sound completely ignorant. I'm in business, and one of my businesses is dedicated to fabrication, and NOTHING goes as planned. Half of the fun, is dealing with challenges that arise during the fabrication, manufacturing and distribution process. I don't think you realize that nobody wants these DP's to be ready more than Tiago not just from a reputation standpoint, but also to recoup capital he has vested in this project. I would sooner see a company take a little longer and complete their due-diligence ensuring a product was as perfect as possible, than pulling a Microsoft and have to make continued fixes over the next year.

Although you might be frustrated with the 'continued-wait', nobody is keeping you from heading online and buying a set of DP's from a competitor. Stop
complaining like a child who rants but doesn't actually do anything about it. If you are truly unsatisfied with the progress and delivery time, than go somewhere else because a lost sale is truly a sign of an upset customer.

I'm not trying to attack you, but its always easier to play Monday-morning quarterback and complain.
I own and operate a commercial brokerage business. Of course nothing goes as planned, the company who deals with those issues efficiently and effectively wins future business. I must be jaded as many of my clients are fortune 500 companies and there are real consequences to not delivering. You know, breach of contract and lawsuits. But alas, we are talking about some metal pipes that go on a car for fun.

Don't worry, i could care less if you are attacking me or not. If no one voices complaint, nothing changes. Good luck with your fabrication business and I hope these pipes become successful for vrsf. After all, competition is good for the consumer.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #219
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
I own and operate a commercial brokerage business. Of course nothing goes as planned, the company who deals with those issues efficiently and effectively wins future business. I must be jaded as many of my clients are fortune 500 companies and there are real consequences to not delivering. You know, breach of contract and lawsuits. But alas, we are talking about some metal pipes that go on a car for fun.

Don't worry, i could care less if you are attacking me or not. If no one voices complaint, nothing changes. Good luck with your fabrication business and I hope these pipes become successful for vrsf. After all, competition is good for the consumer.
I didn't realize there was a breach of contract when we decided to offer the community a more affordable DP option. If I knew there was a time limit I might have delayed the announcement a bit.

I completely understand how some of you feel with the on going delays but we do have a lot of time & money invested this project and I absolutely plan to see it through. While it took a bit longer than expected, we're getting to the final stages & once the final fitment is confirmed, I'll do everything I can to expedite the process
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #220
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:

Breech of contract would only exist if there was an exchange of money for a good, which in this case would be the downpipes. I don't believe Tiago or VRSF took money or a deposit with the promise of delivering the Downpipes in a certain duration of time, so your reference to any lawsuit or consequence really doesn't apply. Selling commercial properties is very different than fabricating a product from design to delivery and there are numerous factors that come into play when estimating a completion date. I'll agree that 9 months to complete a set of downpipes is pushing the envelope of a reasonable time frame, but who says this is the only project they are trying to develop, or the most important for that matter. I don't understand what bashing him or the company accomplishes for you.

You speak about an industry you know nothing about. You should stick to selling your properties.
Appreciate 0