E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > FISCON bluetooth retrofit

06-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
brian32e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Alpine White 330i ZSP

FISCON bluetooth retrofit

I've read the long thread on the OEM bluetooth retrofit but haven't seen much on the FISCON bluetooth kit. Cost is ~$600 for the unit and seems to provide OEM-like experience with a simpler install. Anyone have experience with it in the US? I saw a bunch of folks had it installed in the UK a while back. Does the mic that comes with it work well of is it worth the extra $35 or so for the hidden OEM mic? How do you compare this to Dension Gateway 500 or the Mobridge stuff in terms of cost/features?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
WRichieX
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
Hmmm interested in yhe answer as well. Been looking to retrofit a bt solution.

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Anyone ?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
I remember I was looking into this before I finally decided to just replace my HU to get functionality rather than retrofit (I came from base audio, with NO options).

From what I remember, the benefit of going with FISCON was that you could also control your music (play/pause, next/prev) using the HU / steering wheel controls. Since the FISCON unit tricks the HU into thinking the BT device is a CD Changer, these controls work. I believe other BT audio devices do not do this.

For BT phone functionality, not sure there is a difference, though I do remember reading somewhere that using the OEM mic was infact helpful for audio clarity (the FISCON one isn't bad, but OEM seemed to be much better, probably worth the $35).

Hope that helps. Not speaking from experience, just from the research I did a few months back. Don't have specific links for you, didn't save any.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
charmin
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M-Sport June 2009

Just fitted a Fiscon to my E90 09LCi, I bought it used so can't get any info from the manufacturer as they only support units bought direct from them and check before answering queries...
Although it's working fine and install was reasonably easy, I have a couple of questions if anyone who has one installed as well can answer.

A couple of things probably worth noting which may answer some of the questions on here.

I have the multi-changer CD fitted as standard, the Fiscon install says Do Not turn on the A2DP, so I did ! and all that happens is you loose the functionality of the CD changer and the A2DP works and streams from my phone just great. I can live without the multi CD and prefer the streaming function.

Found a way to put phone contacts favourites so they show up (numbered 1 to .... whatever you want) at the beginning of the contacts list when Fiscon loads the contacts in, this is useful as the top8 most used option shown on the radio display doesn't seem to work with the Fiscon.

My questions, does the unit really need a permanent live feed or could I have taken the feed from a switched connection ?
Has anyone got the top 8 most used contacts list working....?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Joho
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91

Fiscon

I've installed the Fiscon bluetooth in my e91 with nav business and cd-changer, and it works fine, EXCEPT for a error message every time I turn the ignition on. "Head unit not coded correctly". I push the iDrive ones, and "Head units not programmed correctly" turns up. Push the iDrive again, and everything works fine. But it's pretty annoying to do this everytime I start the engine...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

The Dension and the Mobridge have USB and aux

The Dension and the Mobridge have USB and aux
from what I read the Fiscon doesn't and costs about the same.
Both the Mobridge and the new Dension have A2DP.
Appreciate 0