E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > First time Zaino, just making sure

06-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #23
DCJAX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by pander5 View Post
That is my rule when I do customer cars but I spend WAY too much time on my own with true anal retentive approaches applied to every nook and cranny. My 335i sport wheels allow me to get every inch clean inside and out so I feel confident they are absolutely clean before I take my buffer pad off and by hand coat the spokes and outside of the wheel. Recently I cleaned my wheels with ZAIO and a faint yellow MF towel and didn't see any dirt come off and on the towel.

You are correct DCJAX in that you've got a good concept going i.e. wheel stuff stays seperate from the paint. Can't argue against that as it is the safest approach.
heh, I know what you mean. There comes a point where it's like "wtf, this is close enough to perfect".
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 01:36 AM   #24
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkashoe View Post
Now the big question, HOW THE HELL DO YOU CLEAN THE LITTLE BOTTLE.
you have to do it immediately. ZFX is a catalyst that helps cure the polish quickly. Great for doing multiple coats in a day. Bad for clean-up.

I wash the bottle after applying with regular dish soap. If you get to it as soon as your done applying the last coat, it washes just fine.
      06-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #25
sapperelite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI, 03 Wrangler Sport

Is there a reason it is so hard to get Zaino products shipped? I tried 4 or 5 different sites and none of them would ship Zaino to me. The final one I tried said it would ship to me, took my money via Paypal and never sent the product and won't respond to my requests to refund the money. I contacted Zaino corporate and they never responded to my emails. With this kind of service, Zaino better be one hell of a product to stay in business
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #26
pikkashoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335 Coupe

I order direct from www.zainobros.com and never have any issues. Try calling Sal.

I washed my container right after, but it was still a little hazy, oh well, im sure that wont cause any problems on my next application.
      06-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #27
Carlito12
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i 6MT TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapperelite View Post
Is there a reason it is so hard to get Zaino products shipped? I tried 4 or 5 different sites and none of them would ship Zaino to me. The final one I tried said it would ship to me, took my money via Paypal and never sent the product and won't respond to my requests to refund the money. I contacted Zaino corporate and they never responded to my emails. With this kind of service, Zaino better be one hell of a product to stay in business

Order from Zaino.com

never had a problem.

always delivered on timely manner in a nice box with dividers inside.

JB3 KW V2 i-Forged Senekas & ETC
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #28
DCJAX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapperelite View Post
Yup, for a long time they only sold through their local sales reps, and most of them didn't want to be bothered with shipping.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 10:12 PM   #29
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

I ordered the Z- AIO as my pre seal/wax polish........Thats what the website sugested as a light abrasive polisher. Is this correct? Will using clay and AIO get my paint to a perfectly fresh layer before I Z2 and Z5 it?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #30
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post
We picked up the wife's car at the end of the year and I bought a bunch of Zaino products but only used the Z7 so far. So, tomorrow I'm planning on doing a full detail. I just want to make sure what I'm planning is right. These are teh prodcuts I have, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, ZFX, and Z18.

So, here's the plan -

1) dawn
2) clay bar, using Z7 in a spray bottle as lubricant
3) wash with either dawn again or Z7
4) Z2 with ZFX
5) Z6
6) Z5 with ZFX
7) Z6
8) Z2 with ZFX
9) Z6

My understanding is the ZFX combined with the Z2 or Z5 will allow me to get everything done in a day.

It's space grey, so does it matter if I go with Z2 or Z5? Zaino recommends ending with the Z2.

Thanks folks.
Few comments:

No need to dawn twice. 2nd wash can be with Z7.

I would layer the Z5P first and then 2 layers Z2P on top instead of alternating. Z5P is better as a base since it acts as a polish too.

Z7 as a spary lubricant is fine. I personally think it gets expensive to use Z6 as a claybar lubricant.

Everything else looks good. Good luck!
      06-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #31
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkashoe View Post
You have the workflow right.

Couple tips:

1. Instead of using z7 while claying, I use Z6, I find it easier to work with and it makes the surface alot slicker. Its all about personal preferance, try them both out and pick which one you prefer. Also with z6, I dont have to rewash the car, just make sure you wipe it all off and do small sections, 2 by 2 foot sections. Generally you will find the only areas that require clay are the hood, trunk, roof and the tops of both bumpers, basically all horizontal surfaces. The rear bumper in particular gets abused, our brakes really pump out alot of brake dust.

2. If the car is brand new and you dont have any swirls, I would skip using z5 and just put a couple coats of z2. 3 coats in one day is what they recommend. z6 in between each coat, in my case i use Z8 grand finale spray!!! Remember with z2, apply front to back on the hood, roof and trunk, on the sides of the car, up and down. When removing, if you notice its a bit tough to remove the product, spray the towel you are using with z6. Avoid this by not putting too much z2 on.

3. I usually will put one coat of z2 a month afterwards.

4. Put z2 on the wheels, helps when cleaning and removing brake dust.

Have fun and post pics of your detail job!!
+1!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You got that bottle of Dawn laying around? I use that to clean out the bottle. I doubt the bottle matters as much as the top, so be sure to shake the bottle full of soap and then spray it all out through the top. I'm on my second "kit" of zaino, but still my first bottle. It's just getting a few cracks on the sides where I squeeze it to get every last drop out.

Z6 on the pad to help spread the Z2/5 is the way I've always done it.
Appreciate 0