E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > [FREE] 08/17/2013 e9x @ 1pm - Central NJ modders meetup!: 08-17-2013

[FREE] 08/17/2013 e9x @ 1pm - Central NJ modders meetup!
Calendar: USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA
fazman
Brigadier General

Hi All,

Main posting --> http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877427

Time: 1pm EDT

Please post in the main thread above so I can keep track of who is coming and what they need done. As well as up-to-date info on changes. This is a free event where if you have a project that you would like done for your car, we can try and help you do it for free.

We will take a short break at about 3pm to make a run to Sonic for their "Happy Hour" then come back by 4pm to finish up stuff for the day:

Sonic Drive In @ 3pm
238 Lafayette Rd
Edison, NJ
http://www.sonicdrivein.com/

List of things I have experience doing:
1) Installing N54/N55 BMS Intake
2) Cleaning and re-oiling old Cone intakes (Would require multiple days and we can install your stock intake till you come back for the cleaned cones)
3) Rear fog light switch lego mod (usually 2009+ don't need a lego)
4) Installing JB4
5) Installing AE's
6) Installing HID Fog lights
7) Installing new D1S headlight bulbs
8) Installing factory alarm (you will need to find someone to code it for you tho).
9) Installing tint protector/mole skin
10) Changing out the stock HVAC filter or stock airbox filter (this is easy)

Things I plan on doing to my car in the near future:
A) Vinyl my chrome window trim
B) Interior LED lighting
C) Automatic transmission shifter mod (for pinched wires when switching over to sport mode, seems like a common issue that all e9x automatics have over time)
D) Vinyl my interior trim
E) TBD - Please suggest a mod that you would like to learn together and we can take on the job.
RSVP'd Yes: 4
  • Bimmer335i07 - I'll stop by. :D
  • blazex4
  • fazman - I'm hosting this event
  • fc21 - stop by. maybe return my car to stock. idk yet. having too much fun driving haha. also, i would be interested in the cdv delete as well.
RSVP'd Maybe: 2
  • AndyR83
  • AntiG - likely not this saturday but if plans change ill show up
RSVP'd No: 2
  • EverybodyWildOu - Unfortunately I can't attend. Anybody ever do a clutch-delay valve delete or install the Burger tuning one though?
  • Parth317 - Ahhh I can't make it :/. Maybe next time!
RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed.

08-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
AndyR83
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO

I need to google this location to see how far away it is. If it isn't far, I will try to come up. I have a somewhat poorly attached CF aero lip that I'm hoping ti mount in a bit more sturdy fashion. Perhaps someone might be able to help if I bring some 3M tape?

I am a bit hesitant to say this because I don't want to risk screwing things up, but I have a laptop and the Alpina B3 software. If folks are willing to release me from liability in the event that something goes wrong, I would be willing to bring it up along with my cable and guide people through doing the flash on their cars using my stuff. This is, of course, assuming that I am able to attend and will only be possible for as long as my laptop battery holds out. I have only done this once, but it was on my own car and it worked perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR83 View Post
I need to google this location to see how far away it is. If it isn't far, I will try to come up. I have a somewhat poorly attached CF aero lip that I'm hoping ti mount in a bit more sturdy fashion. Perhaps someone might be able to help if I bring some 3M tape?

I am a bit hesitant to say this because I don't want to risk screwing things up, but I have a laptop and the Alpina B3 software. If folks are willing to release me from liability in the event that something goes wrong, I would be willing to bring it up along with my cable and guide people through doing the flash on their cars using my stuff. This is, of course, assuming that I am able to attend and will only be possible for as long as my laptop battery holds out. I have only done this once, but it was on my own car and it worked perfectly.
Hi Andy,

Yea, you can't really mess up the Alpina B3 Flash. If it worked for one car then it's the same process on all the others. Worst case is the flash is not successful/incomplete... then you just flash it again. I think you have a total of 70 flashes you can do to the transmission module before it refuses to be updated any more.

Let's say someone has a bricked transmission, I'm sure that we can enlist the help of a remote coder to "help" unbrick it or the ultimate worst case of waiting till Monday to see if OneBadMoFo (who works near by) is willing to stop by and unbrick you

As for powering your laptop, if you run out of laptop juice and trust leaving your laptop in my condo for charging... I have no issues with juicing you up.

As for your 3M tape, I believe one of our members has experience with doing his trunk spoiler... but not the front splitter. Actually I would not trust 3M tape for holding up to the downforce created at high speed on our cars. I would not trust the tape and a couple bolts to hold up with high speed downforce either. Your probably better off taking it to TommyG@Coleman Auto Body to get it done right the first time that's just my 0.02 cents
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
imflyerthanyou
President
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Going to fazz at 6pm today to do my window trim since I'm not going to have time tomorrow. If anyone wants to join us your more than welcome
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imflyerthanyou View Post
Going to fazz at 6pm today to do my window trim since I'm not going to have time tomorrow. If anyone wants to join us your more than welcome
Yup, I'll be in a meeting at work till 5:30 and then will get home around 7pm tonight, so I'm guessing around 7-ish we will start the window trim. Tomorrow morning I'm going to make a CostCo run and stock up on some beverages and I'll update the #1 post so we can take a short break around 3pm to do a Sonic run.

A lot of people haven't had a chance to update the thread, but I think we have a strong interest in the BMS backend flashing. I'm going to reach out to Terry@BMS right now as well to get some more details on "gotcha's" i should look out for when attempting this.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I've updated the main post with more folks... But it seems lik ppl r planning to show up after 1p

Last edited by fazman; 08-17-2013 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 0