E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 330i PE help!

03-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #23
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDemetris View Post
was it maybe mapleridges old thread when he got a custom exhaust and lost a bunch of power? either way, doesnt make sense to me. Maybe if the bends were poorly made i would believe it. or maybe if BMWs cats are super high tech and act like diffusers for the air flow.. otherwise i think there's dyno evidence as well as a rationale why it would give more power
youre right im wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo=[][]=oO View Post
Mapleridge,
This motor is still a workhorse and there are tons of Eurospec addons to really pop the output without getting inside the head or block. Many European sites (won't mention because they are not sponsors here) have sport racing bolt-ons and chips that are supposed to be "offroad" use only.

Balance the respiratory system to maximize efficiency!

I design turbines, generators and alternative energy systems that rely on maximizing the kinetic energy in flowing wind. I am working on a simple bolt on induction system that will stabilize pressure (high) on the intake side by using a series of Turbonator type impellers encapsulated inside a sealed airbox. By creating a computer model to scoop and divert air from a larger cross-section, we will effectively increase volume, pressure and consequently "flow".

if the airbox is not sealed, the increased airflow and pressure would dissipate and the benefit would be lost......this is a common problem with many add-on air systems.......yours included.

You need to avoid creating a turbulent flow within a stable airmass. A large volume of stable, constant pressure and prefferably cooler, dense air is the secret to untapping your engines potential and filling those 76mm tubes you are running.

Remember I said "balance the respiratory system" that means intake and exhaust. imbalance on either side of the equation will not deliver any results and possibly reduce power over the stock configuration.

Have a look at this pic and tell me if your stock exhaust was full dual tubes all the way to the cat? Do you have a pic of your new exhaust set-up?

I will keep the post updated on any progress in the new forced induction we are working on.

Hope this helps, Tom in SW Ontario

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 04:41 PM   #24
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDemetris View Post
was it maybe mapleridges old thread when he got a custom exhaust and lost a bunch of power? either way, doesnt make sense to me. Maybe if the bends were poorly made i would believe it. or maybe if BMWs cats are super high tech and act like diffusers for the air flow.. otherwise i think there's dyno evidence as well as a rationale why it would give more power
"Custom" exhaust always=pile of shit.
Appreciate 0