E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Need advice in repairing Pre LCI Adaptive Headlamp

03-02-2022, 08:46 PM   #1
NasiLemak
Rep
Drives: BMW 325xi

Need advice in repairing Pre LCI Adaptive Headlamp

Hi,

I was trying to fix my headlamp since it gives out the adaptive headlight warning. Took it apart and found out that the port for the AHL module is corroded and one of the pins is stuck in the connector. Moreover, my headlamp lens assembly is very loose and dislocated. My temporary fix, for now, is to remove the reflector and then readjust and tighten the whole reflector assembly. I saw there are a couple of screws at the back of the headlights. Is it where I can remove them and readjust the reflector? I know that the LCI headlamp reflector can be removed by removing the headlamp lens.

For the AHL module and the connector, is it going to be an easy fix, especially on the connector?

Moreover, I do not want to spend a lot of money to get OEM AHL headlamps. Thus, I wonder what are the good aftermarket ones that can be swapped with the stock AHL I currently have. I do not mind going to the conventional aftermarket fixed LED headlamps like the link I attached.
https://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Proje...2006+BMW+325xi

But does that mean I have to disable the AHL feature on the Footwell Restrain Module?

Any thoughts?

P/s: Apologies for the large images I attached. Was taken directly from my phone and have no idea how to scale down the images
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 02:44 AM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Those screws hold the reflector onto a bracket, but the reflector cannot come out without removing the lens.
The connector may be an easy fix if the wires are not corroded within their insulation. You will
Probably have to clean each wire pin.

You can get aftermarket headlights. A few different options and each has good and bad reviews.

You will have to do coding on the frm if you go aftermarket.
Appreciate 0