E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Official New England Chat Forum (#2)

07-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #881
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Monaco Blue? Congrats, there's all of like four of us on here with that color, haha.

Also, I know I've been hinting at it before, but it would be a lot of fun to do a meet again, especially if we could get all the guys from Rob's meet together - you all seemed like a good bunch.
      07-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #882
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
Thanks! She's actually Black Sapphire Metallic, but it must be the picture / reflection of the sky bringing out some blue.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #883
Island Road
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ View Post
Thanks! She's actually Black Sapphire Metallic, but it must be the picture / reflection of the sky bringing out some blue.
Welcome to the site Zeead. Car is looking good, i knew it was a matter of time before you came over to BMW. How are you enjoying the power, grab a Cobb yet or still deciding?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #884
H17M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Yeah let's get a meet going! Bimmerfest is in a couple weeks but that's really far to drive.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #885
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandroad83 View Post
Welcome to the site Zeead. Car is looking good, i knew it was a matter of time before you came over to BMW. How are you enjoying the power, grab a Cobb yet or still deciding?
Must be Dan! How's it going? I love the power. Completely different animal from the last car. Only have the BMS DCI in so far as I've been taking care of small cosmetics mainly, but the Cobb is on the plan for the next month. What do you have done to yours?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #886
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

spotted a pre facelift tiag on 162s and black grills from VT today in my store in Clifton Park, wondering if its anyone on here?
      07-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #887
Island Road
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Must be Dan! How's it going? I love the power. Completely different animal from the last car. Only have the BMS DCI in so far as I've been taking care of small cosmetics mainly, but the Cobb is on the plan for the next month. What do you have done to yours?
Ya Dan it is haha, been going good glad summer finally hit we should get together some time do a drive. I am always washing my car in Brighton ScrubaDub were do you live now? I sold my cobb in the winter and have yet to pick up a new tune, its so easy though with cobb you will def love it transforms the car.

I have done a few things here and there - 3in DP, AE Quad Exhaust, DD Hood, Mtech Font, M3 Sides, BMW Performance Splitters / Spoiler, Studs/lugs Wheels, Lux V3. Have Vargus Stg 2 on the way need to have my stockers replaced. Last thing would be Mtech rear and DD Quad diffuser but that might be a bit of time maybe next summer.

Just installed the Performance pieces last weekend after paint. Give the car a lot more aggressive look but the rear def needs some black accents now, might change the rear wing for the CF look i painted over it. Here are some pics.

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #888
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
That car looks nice! Is that Alpine White? It looks like it has a bit of pearl in it on the last few pics.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #889
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Hot damn that's clean. That Duke Dynamics hood is by far my favorite, nice to see someone on here has it. I'm hoping to pick one up without the vents sometime.
      07-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #890
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Wow, love everything you've done to it. Are those the TR motorsports MT1s? They have been on my want list for a while. Why'd the Cobb go away?

Tiago, I had no idea you guys were based in Mass. I've been eyeing the downpipes you guys have.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #891
Island Road
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
That car looks nice! Is that Alpine White? It looks like it has a bit of pearl in it on the last few pics.
TY, Ya just Alpine White just waxed, might be the lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Hot damn that's clean. That Duke Dynamics hood is by far my favorite, nice to see someone on here has it. I'm hoping to pick one up without the vents sometime.
Thanks that's the look i have been going for, as well as function with all the parts. I love the DD hood cant beat the lines had it for about 2 years now. The vent also have a function not just for looks. I have never seen my engine temps over over the 2nd to last middle line never even mind getting to the middle and if you put your hand over them they dissipate crazy amounts of heat.

Quote:
Wow, love everything you've done to it. Are those the TR motorsports MT1s? They have been on my want list for a while. Why'd the Cobb go away?

Tiago, I had no idea you guys were based in Mass. I've been eyeing the downpipes you guys have.
Good eye, everything I have added to the car helps in some way as for performance. Splitters and Wing are wind tunnel tested by BMW to add downforce, Mtech front helps with air flow for cooling, Hood vents dissipates heat, wheels are light as you know. I opted for 18x9 square for autox and HPDE not sure if you can get this size anymore though. Not sure about the M3 Sides though might just be a looks thing car would be off without them.

Cobb was awesome but it was winter time so the car was stored and i used the money for some other part i am sure. I will be getting something again to handle the new turbos.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #892
lbzkid101
Private
Rep
Drives: 07' 335xi

Upgraded a few weeks back from a 230k mile e36 to 07 335xi w/60k, id say i was do for the upgrade!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #893
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Congrats, enjoy the car!

In more irritating news, some prick keyed me last night. Any recommendations for paint correction services?
      07-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #894
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good eye, everything I have added to the car helps in some way as for performance. Splitters and Wing are wind tunnel tested by BMW to add downforce, Mtech front helps with air flow for cooling, Hood vents dissipates heat, wheels are light as you know. I opted for 18x9 square for autox and HPDE not sure if you can get this size anymore though. Not sure about the M3 Sides though might just be a looks thing car would be off without them.

Cobb was awesome but it was winter time so the car was stored and i used the money for some other part i am sure. I will be getting something again to handle the new turbos.
Any rubbing in the front with the 18x9? Haven't learned applicable offsets either with the E9xs yet. What tires and sizes are you on? Looking to get rid of the runflats soon.

Pretty much my mentality when making my list of future mods. Mtech and the performance high kick are coming hopefully later this year.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #895
BJK1903
BESIKTAS - cArsi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey - 2008 xi E92

Nice looking car. But for some reason i can't get used to the vents on the hood.

What are you dropped on? It looks perfect.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #896
Island Road
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
learned applicable offsets either with the E9xs yet. What tires and sizes are you on? Looking to get rid of the runflats soon.

Pretty much my mentality when making my list of future mods. Mtech and the performance high kick are coming hopefully later this year.[/QUOTE]

I am running 255x35x18 all around, with a 5mm spacer in the front and a 12mm spacer in the rear. As for rubbing if i do full lock in the front its very slight but nothing to be concerned about at all, just slightly hits the fender liner this can be shaved. Mtech and High Kick transforms the car completely you will def love it not to mention Mtech will help slightly with cooling, brings in more air. When i get the upgraded turbos i will have to do something about the rears because traction will be a issue prob CCW if i can swing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJK1903 View Post
Nice looking car. But for some reason i can't get
used to the vents on the hood.

What are you dropped on? It looks perfect.
Thanks, ya the vents are not for everybody and its not only cosmetic plus I like the aggressive look.

As for the drop the car has the OEM sport suspension, cant recall the exact specs for that but when i first bought it i thought the same thing until i looked up the vin.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #897
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted because I've been driving my evo X. Thinking its time to sell it and come back to BMW. I've got some serious back issues and those recaro seats aren't doing me any favors.

Considering a 335i if I can find the right deal on one. Also considering an E46 M3 SMG, or even possibly a E60 M5 that my friend will have for sale in a bit. It all depends on the funds etc.

Just thought I'd stop back in and say I'm strongly considering coming back to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #898
SilverGSX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Any rubbing in the front with the 18x9? Haven't learned applicable offsets either with the E9xs yet. What tires and sizes are you on? Looking to get rid of the runflats soon.

Pretty much my mentality when making my list of future mods. Mtech and the performance high kick are coming hopefully later this year.
You can get pretty aggressive with wheels on these cars. Not lowered an 18x9 with a 235 would have 0 issues, I have a 245 and full lock only backing up the tire just barely touches the fender liner.

19x9 ET 24 with a 245/35 up front
19x10 ET 24 with a 275/30 (will rub with passengers)
Stock sport suspension

Depends on the model. Pre-LCI sedans have the most room out back. There are tons of threads on this.

I took lots and lots of measurements and trolled the forums before purchasing wheels that I knew would fit and first try it's spot on.

Test fit one of the rears yesterday
(19x10.5 ET 25):

08-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #899
Hadley
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom
Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted because I've been driving my evo X. Thinking its time to sell it and come back to BMW. I've got some serious back issues and those recaro seats aren't doing me any favors.

Considering a 335i if I can find the right deal on one. Also considering an E46 M3 SMG, or even possibly a E60 M5 that my friend will have for sale in a bit. It all depends on the funds etc.

Just thought I'd stop back in and say I'm strongly considering coming back to BMW.
What's going on man

What's the budget? Been toying with the idea of selling mine lately and try and get into an M3
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #900
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadley View Post
What's going on man

What's the budget? Been toying with the idea of selling mine lately and try and get into an M3
What would you be looking for for it? I don't know the budget quite yet, just starting all the planning etc. Definitely want to check out this E60 M5 that my friend just got at an AMAZING price. He has it in 2 weeks. I could get it from him (for a massive massive hookup price) of just under 30k. The car has 70k on the body but is MINT and has never seen snow, but the original owner mis shifted over reved and blew the motor. So 70k on the body 29k on the motor.

Its definitely going to cost me if I want to get that, not sure if its even an option. Still owe some $$ on the evo, but those are pretty easy to sell apparently.

If I find the right deal on a 335 it'll be saving me cash compared to paying off the evo. Love the evo, just can't sit in it for more than 5-10 min without insane pain from this spinal thing I've got going on. Progressive spinal arthritis basically. So I need to find a car that is more comfortable, but I don't want it to feel like a dog compared to the evo. The 335 is no doubt slower than my evo with 80 extra HP in mods, but as long as I am close I should be happy.

Now if that M5 is an option on the other hand...thats an all around upgrade

Shoot me some info on your car and how much you'd be looking for. I'm still just planning so I can throw it into the ring of options. I know you took care of it too.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #901
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Really looking mainly for paddle shifting, but I'll still consider other 335 for the right price.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #902
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Finally got the new wheels and tires on. So far I like the tires better than the Potenza RE760s I had on there.