E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Car Covers

01-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
Libartsguy
Private
Rep
Drives: 1997 Audi A4

Car Covers

Has anyone purchased a custom-fit cover for their E90? I've checked the web site for Big Sky car covers and am somewhat bewildered by all the choices of fabrics/materials. I'm looking for a cover that has enough padding that it will help protect the car from minor dents from such things as falling tree limbs and is waterproof (rain/water won't seep into/under the cover.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #2
nimo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90, F30

I bought my cover from the dealer. After two weeks of searching and headaches, don't bother trying looking for a universal cover. The one from the dealer is from the Covercraft Noah line. I paid close to $200 for it. It has a BMW lettering on the front and a clear plastic window stitched in the rear for the license plate viewing. The storage bag is also stitched to the cover so it does not get misplaced. The quality of the fabric is above average. However, from I read from another member is that the Noah cover is easy to ignite. Most modern medium-high quality car covers are made out of some soft tissue paper composite (kimberly clark, wolf, evolution, noah) and offers some sort of scratch resistances. Therefore car covers are not meant to be fire proof. Nothings guaranteed in life, but you can try your best making right. The shape of the E90s are wide and tall making it hard to fit any universal covers. I wasn't trying to be cheap, I was just looking at the options. I needed a temporary cover since I was going on a trip for a month. Now I need to buy a cheap daily driver for work since I work for a non-profit organization.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
hunt55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

I purcased the BMW cover from the dealer. Not bad. The dealer gave a 20% discount so, it was around $170-$180.

Works OK. I just used it for the snow (14 inches) and it was great.
Appreciate 0