E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 07 335i's and trade-ins

01-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
zubin
patiently waiiting
Rep
Drives: 99 m3

07 335i's and trade-ins

Hello All,

You guys seem to be pretty experienced with this stuff, so I figured i'd ask.

I'm looking to purchase a CPO 2007 335i coupe with: navi, cold pack, prem pack, logic 7, paddle shifters. The car has 55k on it and is priced at $1.00 OVER KBB.com's value. Lets say 29k. The car is located in a bay area Bmw dealership.

With that in mind, what would be a reasonable offer to give the dealer? I was thinking 27k. The only thing that complicates this is that I have a 1999 m3 coupe that i wanted to trade in. (worth about 5k on a trade according to kbb).

So, does trading in a car benefit the dealer in negotiating costs? Does it limit my chances of lowering the asking price of 29k?

Opinions? Ideas? Experiences? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
jwcfs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Earlier this month I got a 07 335i certified with 15k on it for 28900 incentive of first two payments up to 1000 and low interest rate. (this deal is no longer offered but low interest rate is) My deal was with out trade and my 335i has premium package, auto trans, xenons logic 7. Bought at a northern delaware bmw dealer. So I would broaden the search to include alittle of a drive. Also there will be a decent amount of 07 model year cars coming off of lease with in the next 6 mts. From what I saw they are selling for similar amounts with less miles.

Last edited by jwcfs; 01-20-2010 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
iamgus_gus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 350z,soon 335i

i used to sell cars so let me give you my advice, first take in the trade and have them evaluate it. after, you need to negotiate your trade and tell them its important that u get (x amount) for it.

step 2 negotiate the price of the car, offer 25 and meet somewhere in the middle. stand your ground and start walking out like your going to leave if u really want them to give u bottom price. it takes some acting and negotiating but dont be scared to go back and fourth. everytime the salesman comes back from the manager keep negotiating him down. if u ask to speak to the manager himself be prepared to negotiate with someone who has better skills but get to a figure that your happy with and then move to finance (hopefully u have outside financing because the dealerships will take u for a ride on the financing regardless of how well u negotiate the car deal) i suggest getting pre approved from your bank or a credit union prior to going to the dealership atleast u have a baseline to compare what bmw finance will offer you.
Appreciate 0