E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Wet Pollen drop-like stain, please help !

05-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
blackpepper
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 335xi coup

Wet Pollen drop-like stain, please help !

Hi guys.
After detailing my 7 weeks old alpine white E92 (wash, clay, klaase AIO, Klasse high gloss), I parked the car at the office, i noticed it was covered with yellow fine pollen layer, an hour later it rained and there were multiple small yellow droplets on the trunk and hood. I managed to wipe the bigger ones right away, and thought, what the heck, I am all covered with Kalsse protection layers right ? WRONG ! these small droplets burned itself in ( talking about 2 -3 I can clearly see), they look like a small circular spider webs , very hard to spot unless you're as crazy as I am looking with a halogen light !!, I clayed, and AIO a few spots - NOTHING, still there, very fine but definitely there .
Is there any mild abrasive solution I can use to remove these manually ?

Thanks
BP
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Could try Zaino Z-PC or Poorboys Polish with Sealant. Both are pretty versatile and have some slight abrasive properties (and can be applied by hand on a foam applicator).

Aside from that though, you may need a more thorough polish/correction with Menzerna products.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
blackpepper
Private
Rep

Thank you !
have you heard about the Swissvax paint rubber clay bar ? per their description, it is mildly abrasive and has been designed to remove birds poop markings bugs imprints etc ?
bp
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpepper View Post
Thank you !
have you heard about the Swissvax paint rubber clay bar ? per their description, it is mildly abrasive and has been designed to remove birds poop markings bugs imprints etc ?
bp
all clay bars are abrasive. swissvax just has a fancy name for their clay bar. i have their clay bar, and i must say it is one of the better ones i've used. It's still just a clay bar though

for your bird poo, i'd try an AIO first. if that doesn't work, you'll need some abrasive polish
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 07:18 AM   #5
zaxjax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 Crimson Red 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
It sounds like you have water spots and the pollen didn't help any either. Wash the car and then wipe the spots with vinegar and see if that works.

Water spots/etching will go right through and LSP if left long enough
      05-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #6
twinturboa51
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F80 M3

Try a mild polish like Poorboys SSR1 then look at getting a good carnuba to protect it. sounds like you didnt have a strong enough LSP to protect it maybe? also what did you wash it with?
      05-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Inevitable. These are water spots. You can try a paint cleaner or water spot remover or diluted vinegar, but I find that you'll eventually get some. Just use a light polish 2x per year to get crap like that out. In the meantime, it's not noticeable to anyone but you.
      05-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #8
blackpepper
Private
Rep

Thanks everyone for your kind advice.
I will try to use the Zaino -pc cleaner.
I must admit I am surprised with how easy it is to damage your finish in what is considered a luxurious car. I dont recall my previous car ( Infiniti G35x) to be that sensitive.. or is it just me being more protective of the Bimmer ?

BP
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
blackpepper
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturboa51 View Post
Try a mild polish like Poorboys SSR1 then look at getting a good carnuba to protect it. sounds like you didnt have a strong enough LSP to protect it maybe? also what did you wash it with?
Thanks
I actually used Pinnacle clay, followed by meticulous Klasse AIO treatment, followed by Klaase SG .
I washed with turtle Ice car wash.
Will I need to have a PC for the polish or can this be done manually for each spot ?
Thanks
BP
Appreciate 0