E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Open Road BMW - NJ

12-17-2006, 02:47 PM   #23
BMW335TT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

thanks.. but i already have my 335
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #24
springhong2001
Registered
Rep
Drives: x3

very bad Morriston Openroad BMW

They tried to cheat the purchase price over the phone and on site. And worst, never paid attention to customer. I am PA resident, who don't need front plate, but they put front plate on my brand new car, without asking my permission, resulting 2 holes on my brand new car! I bought the car by cash, but they put financial lien on my title. No one informed me this mistake until 4 months later I found out by myself from DMV office, they could not release my title. Then I called the dealer, they delayed another month and still not release my title, so now 5 months passed after I purchased my new car, I still have not received my title! Very unprofessional and low quality work, made mistakes and never trying to correct it for customers, cannot believe such bad service for BMW!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #25
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

These guys S U C K SUCK SUCK SUCK.

Stay as far away as possible.

CA got in a heated argument with me over reviewing my deal (in a subsequent visit to the dealership, and after I had already left a $2500 deposit on the vehicle) and cursed at me on the showroom floor. Sales manager calmed me down and regained my trust enough to allow me to feel comfortable still ordering my car at this dealership.

Upon delivery, found that vehicle was ordered incorrectly, resulting in WRONG interior trim. (after much debate, got appropriate compensation)

Temp tag expired after 30 days ... unable to drive vehicle for another 15 days, as dealership "lost" / "forgot" to register my vehicle.

General Manager contacted several times, and did not return my messages until I posted a VERY negative review on MANY websites. (Oh yea, I might have called BMW NA to file a formal complaint as well!)

All in all ... a VERY unprofessional dealership ... no follow-up, everyone could care less about you or your purchase, despite the fact that you are buying an $89k car!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #26
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by springhong2001 View Post
They tried to cheat the purchase price over the phone and on site. And worst, never paid attention to customer. I am PA resident, who don't need front plate, but they put front plate on my brand new car, without asking my permission, resulting 2 holes on my brand new car! I bought the car by cash, but they put financial lien on my title. No one informed me this mistake until 4 months later I found out by myself from DMV office, they could not release my title. Then I called the dealer, they delayed another month and still not release my title, so now 5 months passed after I purchased my new car, I still have not received my title! Very unprofessional and low quality work, made mistakes and never trying to correct it for customers, cannot believe such bad service for BMW!
What a surprise ... 2 years later and still the same type of carelessness and unprofessionalism.

How the hell does this place stay in business?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #27
JRV-F82-M4
Proud Father of a Univ. of Mich. Chemical Engineer
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

WARNING! Open Road in Morristown, NJ-overcharged me $1,000 in financing fees.

In Feb., 2014 I purchased a 2012 BMW 335is (which I love). They gave me a decent price on it, so no complaints there. However, when I got home and compared Open Road's finance sheet to finance sheets from other cars I have purchased, Open Road overcharged me over $1,000 in hidden fees over and above the 6 other vehicle closing sheets that I compared them to!

I have fought hard and they have agreed to repay about $800, and so far they have refunded $299 and $189. However, they still owe me $300 which they have agreed to pay, but haven't yet. I would be really, really careful when signing your closing documents at Open Road. In fact, I personally would never, ever, ever go back to this place again.

Update: I finally received my final check for $300. So I did get back everything I fought for...it just took 3 months. But the real point is that if I would not have done my homework and compared to what other dealerships were charging, and then fought hard with them, I would never have received these overcharged financing fees back.
Current: '16 F82 M4, Avus Blue, DCT, BavSound, Winters-19" 437s, Summers-19” BBS FI-Rs Past: '13 E92 M3-Jet Black, '12 E92 335is-Space Gray, '06 E90 330i-Jet Black, '99 E46-328i-Green, '96 E36 328is-Jet Black

Last edited by JRV-F82-M4; 05-07-2014 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0