E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 1ner gone what next? Aston, Bentley, Ferrari?

10-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #23
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

1976 AMC Matador with the Vinyl roof package, and full frame-off rotisserie restoration. Numbers matching, of course.

When you pull up at the country club, you'll be the ONLY member with one of those.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #24
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
I'm sorry you had to go with such a small boat, that just doesn't sleep enough people for me, which is why I had to look at the 50+ meter category. As you know, money really is no object, so only the best will do. Plus, I may have to buy my mistress another house so she won't go and tell my wife.
I hear ya. Well since money is so abundant for me Ill probably upgrade my yacht sooner rather than later. When I am ready to upgrade Ill be sure to come on here and post about the options I am considering as to make sure everyone knows how wealthy and superior I am. Obviously, I would want the input of random internet people when deciding what to spend large sums of money on.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #25
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
I hear ya. Well since money is so abundant for me Ill probably upgrade my yacht sooner rather than later. When I am ready to upgrade Ill be sure to come on here and post about the options I am considering as to make sure everyone knows how wealthy and superior I am. Obviously, I would want the input of random internet people when deciding what to spend large sums of money on.
I'm glad that we are on the same page. What else is the internet for, if not to show others how amazing we are?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #26
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kits135i View Post
How did this get turned into a boat discussion?
Possibly because discussions about Astons, Bentleys, and Ferraris have become so cliche to us. We have people who procure them for us. They are beneath our station. Only with major decisions, such as our skiffs, as we playfully refer to them, and oil leases in emerging nations, do we get involved.

Now, please, pass the Grey Poupon.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #27
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Automobiles are so plebian. On the rare occasion that I'm driven somewhere, it's inevitable to take a public road. Being driven on a road which is shared with commoners disgusts me, and there's no escaping that.

I don't understand how you're contemplating a Ferrari, either. Is this a gift for one of your lower level service employees? Where will you even sit??
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #28
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

McLaren P1 all the way.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #29
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 View Post
Automobiles are so plebian. On the rare occasion that I'm driven somewhere, it's inevitable to take a public road. Being driven on a road which is shared with commoners disgusts me, and there's no escaping that.

I don't understand how you're contemplating a Ferrari, either. Is this a gift for one of your lower level service employees? Where will you even sit??
Honestly, I can't stand any poor excuse of a human that has to drive their own car, let alone not afford any of the latest in aerospace. My driver, Franklin..., I'm not so sure he even knows how to speak English.

Overall, the general population smells, literally, I walk around town and it stinks of poverty and Obamacare.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 View Post

Even flying on my jet has become a pain. All these people who are trying to present themselves as successful who are basically renting jets are getting in the way. Yesterday I had to wait 14 minutes to take off after I got on my jet. What is this world coming to!?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #31
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

nobody has a space shuttle? thread fail.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #32
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Well it's not that nobody has a space shuttle. It's just that, we don't really want to sound boastful, and the discussion has not yet veered into our personal spacecraft.

Certainly, I would be surprised if anyone contributing to this fine thread didn't own a personal spacecraft of their own at this time. Truth be told, there are too many yacht owners in the world who think they've arrived at some higher level of being, and nothing stops them better or faster from yapping their mouth as when you offer them a space flight.

My personal spacecraft is called the DDK Enterprise. I thought it was original, but apparently the name has been used quite extensively.

Billup, thanks for the info about your waste management system. This is not only helpful on yachts, but spacecraft can benefit here as well. I am going to look into having a similar system fitted to the Enterprise.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #33
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

The P1 (in any color besides the one ITT) is the best looking car ever made and with a world record Nurburgring time it's probably the best performing car. 10/10 would suck dick for one. (no homo)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #34
F32
Banned
Rep

Damn. You guys have me beat. I can't afford a space shuttle yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #35
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon

Well I would have guessed that some of you have owned some of these cars and was hoping for some more positive answers. Enjoy being a smart ass. Off to other forums... Enjoy your BMW's! Good day and farewell everyone.

P.S. Thank you to the few who actually gave a response and stayed on topic.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #36
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Well I would have guessed that some of you have owned some of these cars and was hoping for some more positive answers. Enjoy being a smart ass. Off to other forums... Enjoy your BMW's! Good day and farewell everyone.

Kits135i, I think you need to understand the circumstance of you making this thread directly after someone made a similar thread. It's not that we don't want to give you a positive answer, but there seemed to be a trend with the people going from $40k cars to $200k cars, so I think its only fair you take that into account with our reactions. Please, do not be hurt by our antics.

There was also no information regarding what you were looking to spend, new or used, if you'd want it to be DD'able, or if you cared about maintenance costs for that matter? If you want educated answers, you should have made a more balanced question to begin with.

With that being said, if you want an honest answer, I would still skip a DB7 and buy a yacht. It's much more rewarding. Plus, when you take women out to sea, you can instigate sexual advances, and the best part..., they will have nowhere to run to if they say no.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #37
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
      11-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #38
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I actually thought this was a troll thread... oops.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #39
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:

Did you hit the lottery or something? It's quite leap to go from a used 1 series (worth about the same as a new honda civic) to a ~ $200,000 car honestly what do you expect people to think when you make a thread like this?

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #40
F32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I actually thought this was a troll thread... oops.
It is.

No one who is really in the market for those cars will ask a message-board for advice on which one to chose. If you have the smarts to get to a position in life where you're in the market for a $200-400K car, you're not asking strangers to pick it for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #41
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom
The P1 (in any color besides the one ITT) is the best looking car ever made and with a world record Nurburgring time it's probably the best performing car. 10/10 would suck dick for one. (no homo)
Holy shit. I posted this yesterday in the wrong thread, lmfao. My bad...

Anyway, I'd go with an F430 or V12 Vantage. Dream car would be a LP560-4 Gallardo.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #42
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

My dream car is a Pagani Huayra
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #43
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

IIT: OP gets butt hurt because strangers don't take his hypothetical question in OT seriously.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #44
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
My dream car is a Pagani Huayra
Mine is too, now.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0