E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Bayside BMW (Service)

03-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
mick3ymik3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i & 650i

Thumbs down Bayside BMW (Service)

Let me start my experience with this bmw dealer. I will try to make everything as short as possible.

I purchased a certified preowned 2011 328i from this dealer last year the buying experience was ok and the process was quick.

A year after my rear view mirror came off and I went to Rallye BMW cause there are no appointments available in bayside. The service advisor in Rallye looked at the rear view mirror and said that they will not attach my rear view mirror cause the windshield on the car is not the original bmw windshield and the seals on the bottom might cause a leak cause its not properly installed. He showed me whats going on and told me that i should take it back to BAYSIDE BMW cause they sold me the car and they did the CPO process.

After a week without a rearview mirror I finally got an appointment at BAYSIDE BMW. A service advisor named George Fan assisted me and had my rear view mirror reattached. I told him what Rallye bmw said and just ignored me.

The rear view mirror was reattached but two days after the mirror came off again and it took a piece of the inside of the windshield with it. I called Bayside BMW and sadly they can't squeeze me in and i waited another week for an appointment.

Finally after a week my wife went there and she saw a service advisor named Alberto Lopez. He looked at thehttp://www.newsday.com/long-island/sources-feds-raid-zwanger-pesiri-radiology-seize-records-in-medicare-probe-1.7357895 car and he said that BAYSIDE BMW is not responsible for windshield replacements and they will not fix it! My wife's car is a CPO and the windshield was not chipped till i brought it to them to get i fixed. He told my wife that we should just file an insurance claim and the will fix it and i will have to pay on whatever the difference is on whatever my insurance company will pay.

Keep in mind my Car is CPO and it should have been inspected that everything is good including the windshield and the windshield was not chipped till after they fix it.

Sadly everyone on this dealer is very nasty and no one can help us.

Last edited by mick3ymik3; 03-12-2014 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
AceOnShake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Take it up with BMWNA its a CPO meaning they should take care of it for you. Read many stories like this. Talk to the service manager first and demand it and if he refuses take it up with BMWNA.

Also the paragraph with FINALLY AFTER A WEEK...Please proofread before someone immature makes a comment.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
westchester335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sour Diesel and Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentegoE90 View Post
Take it up with BMWNA its a CPO meaning they should take care of it for you. Read many stories like this. Talk to the service manager first and demand it and if he refuses take it up with BMWNA.

Also the paragraph with FINALLY AFTER A WEEK...Please proofread before someone immature makes a comment.
His wife was wet
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #4
mick3ymik3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i & 650i

^ lol. But anyways, i actually spoke to someone @ bmwna and she told me that its really up to the dealers if they will fix the issue and mirrors and windshield are not part of the certification process. I also did a research just and found out that the windshield should be part of the cpo process. I will get in touch with bmwna tomorrow and hopefully they can help me out
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #5
AceOnShake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Go to a different dealer. My buddy had a rusty mirror the heated element leaked and the dealer he goes to denied the work. He came to mine and he was fine. Also my buddy with his e46 m3 which had a class action lawsuit for the subframe was bad but his dealer said no its fine. He came to mine and sure enough they found it and after a month he got his car back. On top of that out of courtesy they did an oil change for free since it took longer than expected thats 150.00 bucks if you took it to the dealer.

Some dealers are good some dealers are outrageous. I remember one time they scratched my wheels at the car wash after some service. I told my adviser why was it washed I told you and its in the notes. He goes oh I dont know and he said we never scratched it. I showed him a walk around before and my wheels and hes like we didn't do it. Service manager came out im like listen idk how your carwash works but its only on this side I can tell you right now if I go out there itll be controlling it on this side and pushing the car. He ended up making it right but I totally left it alone because I bent 3 wheels that weekend. Chicago...go figure.
Appreciate 0