E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > e92 M3 Sunroof?

04-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 2017 340i, 6sp, MPPSK

e92 M3 Sunroof?

This may seem like a silly question but has anyone heard if a sunroof will be available with the e92 M. I haven't see a car with a carbon fiber roof have a sunroof. I would gladly trade the 11 pounds savings for a sunroof.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

There is no way there will be a sunroof. Isn't in the M5 or M6, so the M3 won't have it either. Do you actually use yours? I personally keep mine closed and ignore it, wish we had the delete option here. To each their own I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
533ogetnom
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335coupe

yea i dont think the M cars have sunroofs, with the exception of the roadster lol

i use my sunroof all the time, thats one thing i might actually miss if a get the m
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
There is no way there will be a sunroof. Isn't in the M5 or M6, so the M3 won't have it either. Do you actually use yours? I personally keep mine closed and ignore it, wish we had the delete option here. To each their own I suppose.
I'm with you there...with we had a delete option and extra $1k in the pocket... But I also wish we had a cloth option instead of leatherette...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I'm with you there...with we had a delete option and extra $1k in the pocket... But I also wish we had a cloth option instead of leatherette...
Bah, forget cloth, I want the Alcantara inserts that Audis have. My friend has them on his S4 and I drool over them every time I get in my car. (He parks next to me.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 2017 340i, 6sp, MPPSK

Yeah I use my sunroof all the time....I'm going to miss not having it. I do like the leather though and it seems that the option of getting a tan colored leather in an M3 is finally here. I've had other black and tan cars and I like the look.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #7
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Sorry but no sunroof? No way I especially love the BMW 3 series sunroof as compared to other car manufacturers. It is much larger than any other sunroof I have had and is just great on beautiful sunny days. I could never ignore it.

Doubt it will have a sunroof, but if it does I would opt for it.
      04-30-2007, 05:42 AM   #8
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Sorry but no sunroof? No way I especially love the BMW 3 series sunroof as compared to other car manufacturers. It is much larger than any other sunroof I have had and is just great on beautiful sunny days. I could never ignore it.

Doubt it will have a sunroof, but if it does I would opt for it.
you see, that is the issue -- your "sunny" day is nice 80's. Our sunny day is 110F, and no way I would open that thing...
I do use it occasionally in the spring, however, we're already hitting the mid 80's...
Appreciate 0