E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Reccomended Service b4 CPO expires

08-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
ddc9999
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Reccomended Service b4 CPO expires

Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 BMW 330xi with 38k miles on it. My CPO warranty ends this November 22nd. I was wondering if there is any work that is covered under warranty that I should bring the car in for before the warranty ends? I've read that the water pump goes early on these cars, will the dealer replace my water pump with the new one even if it shows no signs of failure? What other work do you suggest I have done?

Also, I plan on driving to Virginia Beach from NJ (roughly 300 miles one way), so do you reccomend I do this work asap before I depart, or should I just file it on the to do list.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
apc3libras
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc9999 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 BMW 330xi with 38k miles on it. My CPO warranty ends this November 22nd. I was wondering if there is any work that is covered under warranty that I should bring the car in for before the warranty ends? I've read that the water pump goes early on these cars, will the dealer replace my water pump with the new one even if it shows no signs of failure? What other work do you suggest I have done?

Also, I plan on driving to Virginia Beach from NJ (roughly 300 miles one way), so do you reccomend I do this work asap before I depart, or should I just file it on the to do list.

Thanks!
Has your car given you any issues so far? I wouldn't worry about taking your road trip. It's only a few hundred miles and your car will run better on the highway anyway. I say enjoy your car. Get an inspection from a reputable indy shop (preferably one that specializes in BMW) before warranty is up, and stop worrying so much. I don't think the dealer is going to replace anything that is not malfunctioning yet. But stranger things have happened.

Good luck.
      08-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

have you driven your car? Doens't Cpo last an extra four years? How do you only have 38k miles

but you shouldn't have anything to worry about for your trip.

have fun

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
W.WCherry
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

+1 on getting it inspected at a reputable indy shop. It will be worth the money. Otherwise the dealership isn't going to replace parts just for the hell of it.
Performance |Dinan Stage 3 Software|Dinan IC|Dinan OC|UUC/Corsa Exhaust|Koni FSD Shocks and Struts|Eibach Spings|Hotchkis Anti Sway Bars|6MT|Style |Aero Lip|Aero Rear|M3 Spoiler|BMW Gloss Black Kidney Grills|BMW Aluminum Pedals|BMW LCI Tail Lights|HID Fog Lights|25%Tint|Advan AVS Model F7 19" Rims|Lux V3 AEs|Premium|Sport|Comfort Access|
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
ddc9999
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Thanks for the advice.

The car hasn't given me any trouble yet, but i just bought it and have only put about 15 miles on it. I'm the third owner.

First owner was a guy who leased it, and the second owner bought it but only as a weekend car. He did real estate and was into making enviormentally friendly buildings and he felt he needed to drive a more energy efficient car for the image so he bought a chevy volt and thus drove the bmw even less.

I brought it to a bmw dealership and they said the car looks like its in great condition. I just had the oil changed, new front brakes and rotors, new tires, alignment, and brake flush. Basically just maintanence things. Car drives like a dream currently. I'm just using it for a weekend car as well so the mileage is going to stay real low too.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
if the cbs doesn't say something needs to be replaced, they're not going to replace anything.
be happy you got brakes out of it already. kinda early.
my rear brakes got their first change at 52k miles last year and my front brakes are getting done tomorrow at 62k miles. So the original brakes lasted awhile. My CPO is up in April, but I don't think I have anything wrong. I doubt I can squeeze a spark plug change out of them before April.
Appreciate 0