E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Spring fell out during start/stop button removal

02-24-2024, 12:59 PM   #1
MtBMW73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

Spring fell out during start/stop button removal

I am attempting to remove my start/stop button to replace the worn ring around the button. Following a few youtube videos, I started by popping the dash trim away from the dash. This spring dropped out from behind there as I was doing this. Anyone have any idea where this is supposed to go?

I am trying to avoid having to remove the entire dash trim if possible, but if I need to do that to replace this spring (assuming it does something), then I'll have to do that.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 01:26 PM   #2
MtBMW73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

I figured it out. It fits in between the plastic tabs of the vent damper. You can see in this picture that one of them is broken. I looked at the other three, and they're also about to break. But from what I can tell, it doesn't really do anything. The damper still works (and feels) the same with or without that spring.

Appreciate 0