E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Auto Bailout officially fails.....

12-12-2008, 02:57 AM   #45
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllydNYC View Post
Happy it didn't go through.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
these companies really were not a competition for BMW but its still good news because we will be seeing less crappy Chrysler sebrings and more Bimmers WHOOOO
no, we'll be seeing plenty more toyotas, hondas and hyundais.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJon View Post
YUP, thats how idiotic and short sighted these morons are.

I have the pleasure of working with such idiots on a weekly basis.

Unions attract the dummbest, stupidest people in our society. Not all "brothers and sisters" are bad, only about 92.26% of them however!!!
screw the unions. they're a large part of why the US auto industry failed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
So do you think ford will make it through as they say? It would be nice to decrease those shitstangs....ughh
i just want to get rid of Ford and Chrysler. i wish GM could survive this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F000007 View Post
Epic Fail
perfect representation of the situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 03:31 AM   #46
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllydNYC View Post
Happy it didn't go through.
why?

i dont know about the details but damn jobs are getting cut left and right...

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:40 AM   #47
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
I think Chrysler and Dodge dissappear. Jeep should go back to making Jeeps. Ford bring over its whole euro/australian lineup which has some great cars. GM downsize and cut out some brands and there you go.

Ford and GM will start taking baby steps after chapter 11 and start making a come back hopefully. I say this for the American workers, not because I like their garbage products.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #48
TMNT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
no, chapter 11 is bankrupcy protection.
Filing for bankrupcy won't work in this situation. Why because the very essence of bankrupcy is recieve cash in order to stay afloat. The faltering economy and a lack of financing would all but deny GM & Ford the necessary financing to stay in business throughout the bankruptcy process.

Sadly it looks like GM will be filing for Chapter 7 bankcruptcy.....total liqudiation.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #49
RonJon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2000 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Glad this bailout failed. I wish all of them failed. The US is bankrupt; we can't afford it. Bailing out poorly run companies is outrageous, and it's even worse when you have to borrow the money from China to do it. All of the money created out of thin air will cause extreme devaluation of the dollar with the consequence being the eventual replacement of the dollar as the world's reserve currency. Where does the govt get the power to bailout failing companies in the Constitution any way?

We need a forest fire if you will to clean out the garbage. The more the government tries to intervene the greater the fire will be and the longer it will last. If the free market is allowed to operate without interference, the correction will be severe and quick. If the govt. tries to continue to nationalize major institutions, the recession and eventual depression will be severe and lengthy.
You hit the NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD, dead squre might I add..

If the US government loans out $14B without a revised business plan from the automakers, they will chew up that money in less then a quarter and we'll be back at the same place. There needs to be a MAJOR overhaul of the US automakers, starting with the bloody unions.

Sad part is I dont think the US government Rep or Dem will let these suckers die, well maybe in the future after they fail to "bail" them out a half dozen times.

Remember that the Japanese companies like to build cars when they sell them. That means in 2 years time when the economy does come back up, there will be demand for autos again, and instead of buying a POS GM, Ford, or Chrysler, the consumers will have to buy Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, and Kia. Which means more SUSTAINABLE auto plants in North America. Those companies know to make a profit, the free market system as proven that, and the big three need to consolidate big time or just call it a day and disappear.

Btw, I work in the auto industry and I will probably get laid off in 3-4 months if the GM or Chrysler go down, and even though it will effect me negatively I sitll want them to die so we can move on.

The big three days are numbered, bail outs are not going to work unless they revamp their operations. Period.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #50
RonJon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2000 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post

Ford and GM will start taking baby steps after chapter 11 and start making a come back hopefully. I say this for the American workers, not because I like their garbage products.
I dont mean to flame you but we live in a capitalist, free market society. We cant simply hope that GM makes it back just for the sake of the Flippen unionized schmucks.

The UAW "MEMBERS" are over payed, and underperform. Our free market system cannot tollerate such low level of performanc.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #51
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
the auto industry is fucked, but at least google made a profit!

Seriously, nothing can ease what can happen tomorrow.
O rly? http://finance.yahoo.com/news/White-...-13817782.html

Markets up last time I checked
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #52
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e90 View Post
O rly? http://finance.yahoo.com/news/White-...-13817782.html

Markets up last time I checked
that was a total surprise. I will admit that I was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #53
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indenial View Post
I stopped by a gm dealer the other weekend. I asked a salesman what kind of deals they were having and he told me that some of the trucks are going 6-7k under sticker
Well, I'm going to check out the C6 tomorrow. Hope they give me a GREAT deal!