E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Review for David@ModMy3 - Bought E92 M3 Style Bumper

08-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Review for David@ModMy3 - Bought E92 M3 Style Bumper

Hey guys hows it going...I have bought quite a few parts recently but havent had a chance to leave reviews for a few vendors...Ill try to get around to it when I get a chance..

I wanted to leave a review for David@ModMy3 since they are newer than other vendors and could use the support from the community...

First off...I have been exchanging PMs with David back and forth for a couple months now...He has had a listing for the E90 M3 Style Bumper but didnt have the E92 one available yet...I asked him a while back and told him I was interested in the E92 one and he said they are on the way but arent in stock yet..

Long story short..I would bug him every few days to see if customs had cleared the bumpers and he had gotten them...He was always happy to respond quickly to my PMs and give me an update status...

Sometime last week the bumpers came in and I told him to put one aside for me since I had been waiting so long! David only had a few in stock and held one for me and made sure it didnt go to someone else...So thanks for that again!

I had plans to pick up the bumper the whole time...since I am near Orange County and ModMy3 is located in San Diego...Not only that my car is in the shop right now and I have a rental car so I figured why not put extra miles on it...By the time the bumper came in stock I was asking David to pick it up..I was ready to go but he told me he could have it shipped to me anywhere in Socal for only $50...I took him up on the offer since it would save me a few hours of driving/time/gas which was definately worth the $50...I paid through Paypal and he shipped the bumper out right away...The shipping company was Sekko (I think?) and they gave me a phone call the next day to schedule a delivery...I wasnt going to be home that day so I scheduled it for the next day...Pretty much if I wouldve been home it wouldve came to me in 1 day turn around time so that was nice!

Got the bumper at home and tore apart the packaging..Been waiting for this bumper for a long time!!

At first I thought there were some issues with the bumper (that it had come with the wrong parts)...but I was just being stupid and everything is perfect as expected...So sorry David for sending you that PM the othet day tripping out...It was my bad I only had 10 minutes before I had to go back to work so I didnt really get to look at the bumper to well..

So in conclusion: Great price, great communication/customer service, quick shipping!

Here are some pics for everyone...I will post pics later when test fitting and when I get it painted..
Attached Images

08-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep
Drives: Stock

Thank you Rav!
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
craigmc163
fulltilte90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi

So I must say,
I have also made a transaction through his site. Not a major buy, but still. For me customer service is paramount!
I must say I am very happy with my dealings with modmy3 and David! When I had some ?s about the stuff I ordered he quickly gave me a response. Then when the stuff came in I had some concerns and emailed him. He quickly emailed back and even gave me his phone# to call him personally!
Thus is a great person to deal with and I will buy from him again! At one point he even asked me for feedback on his website. Hopefully the feedback I gave he found constructive!
He also seems to have the best price!
Buy from him! I will again!
Bilstein Sports, H&R Lowering Spring, Blacklines, Custom Alcantara Shift boot and Brake Boot, BMW performance shift knob, BMS Power Box, DAEOS Harness, BMS Angel eye upgrades, Injen Performance intake, GT haus Full exhaust system.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigmc163 View Post
So I must say,
I have also made a transaction through his site. Not a major buy, but still. For me customer service is paramount!
I must say I am very happy with my dealings with modmy3 and David! When I had some ?s about the stuff I ordered he quickly gave me a response. Then when the stuff came in I had some concerns and emailed him. He quickly emailed back and even gave me his phone# to call him personally!
Thus is a great person to deal with and I will buy from him again! At one point he even asked me for feedback on his website. Hopefully the feedback I gave he found constructive!
Same experience here! He also gave me his direct number to contact him

Just curious..did you get the LED lighting kit?
      08-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep
Drives: Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigmc163 View Post
So I must say,
Wow thanks Craig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooringhusky View Post
Same experience here! He also gave me his direct number to contact him

Just curious..did you get the LED lighting kit?
Ravi, Craig purchased a set of DEPO blacklines with free shipping since it's over $ 150.00
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
Cubachris
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

I am having a terrible experience with Modmy3. Ordered my front lip over 3 weeks ago got my order confirmation but haven't received any shipping info and it said that the lip was in stock. Can't get in touch with anyone from there I've sent emails and even messaged them on Facebook. Not purchasing from them again after I receive my lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@modmy3.com View Post
Wow thanks Craig!

Ravi, Craig purchased a set of DEPO blacklines with free shipping since it's over $ 150.00
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #7
MiKc
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubachris View Post
I am having a terrible experience with Modmy3. Ordered my front lip over 3 weeks ago got my order confirmation but haven't received any shipping info and it said that the lip was in stock. Can't get in touch with anyone from there I've sent emails and even messaged them on Facebook. Not purchasing from them again after I receive my lip.

Is this the v style lip for m3 rep front bumper?
It shows in stock on the website but it actually is not.
Apparently the next shipment arrives next week
waiting for mine as well
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
Cubachris
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKc
Quote:

Is this the v style lip for m3 rep front bumper?
It shows in stock on the website but it actually is not.
Apparently the next shipment arrives next week
waiting for mine as well
Yes it is finally got a response saying next batch comes in next week and they will be shipped out next Friday or the Monday after lets hope we get them quick
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 01:58 AM   #9
MiKc
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i

Quote:
Yes it is finally got a response saying next batch comes in next week and they will be shipped out next Friday or the Monday after lets hope we get them quick
ya I really hope so..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #10
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Thank you for the review!!!
      09-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #11
Cubachris
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

It's already Monday and I still haven't received any shipping confirmation of the lip lol. Almost a month to get a damn lip, I'm so disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKc View Post
ya I really hope so..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #12
JOHNNY-5
Lieutenant
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

There is a big thread on here about Modmy3 and the terrible service. I too ordered the V style lip and got confirmation, a week went by with no tracking number, tried contacting them, no response. Only after the second week i put in dispute with paypal did they respond. Telling me they sent me an email telling me it is backordered, yet I never recieved this email. If you are too lazy to update your site with up to date in stock items, maybe you shouldn't be in bussiness.

First and last time I will ever buy from Modmy3
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
autobahnsoul
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
another modmy3 story

Ordered LED angel eye bulbs from them...received later than expected with postage due despite being charged $14 for "postage and handling". I now need to return these (unopened), and have sent three emails without response and two phone calls without response.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #14
prelcijoe
Rep
Drives: e90

Angry Same here

Bought LED Reverse lights with resistor .

Have emailed countless times for instructions on how to install properly .

No email, I have googled but can't find a good diy ........

Ordered from modmy3 some time ago (bad times, made a thread here and that's how he got back to me) said i never would again .... should have stuck to my gut. still no email ..
Appreciate 0