E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach Pro Kit Installed! Thoughts and Questions.

01-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Eibach Pro Kit Installed! Thoughts and Questions.

So I finally got the eibach Pro kit installed. The car actually rides much smoother than the factory springs! The factory XI Springs were very rough and bouncy the eibach Pro Kit is smooth.

The car handles and brakes better. I can't believe that I was able to lower my car and it's still handles better and drives smoother! I'm amazed.

My only question or concern is the fact that eibach claims 1.4 inch drop for the front, and a 1 inch drop for the rear on E90 sedans.

My concern is that I already have achieved a 1 inch drop in the rear but the front seems to be still raked a bit.

Are they still going to settle in the front? Does it take longer for the front to settle?

Thanks!

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
solishe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 Spc Grey Met e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury
So I finally got the eibach Pro kit installed. The car actually rides much smoother than the factory springs! The factory XI Springs were very rough and bouncy the eibach Pro Kit is smooth.

The car handles and brakes better. I can't believe that I was able to lower my car and it's still handles better and drives smoother! I'm amazed.

My only question or concern is the fact that eibach claims 1.4 inch drop for the front, and a 1 inch drop for the rear on E90 sedans.

My concern is that I already have achieved a 1 inch drop in the rear but the front seems to be still raked a bit.

Are they still going to settle in the front? Does it take longer for the front to settle?

Thanks!
Maybe maybe not. Supreme Power lowering perches if not. Just installed mine and they do indeed drop the front .4-.5 inches. And if installed correctly, rides exactly like prior to their install.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solishe
Quote:

Thanks!
Maybe maybe not. Supreme Power lowering perches if not. Just installed mine and they do indeed drop the front .4-.5 inches. And if installed correctly, rides exactly like prior to their install.
Will I need to get it re-aligned?

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Also wire my headlights facing lower?

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 11:44 PM   #5
solishe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 Spc Grey Met e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!
I had read one wouldn't be needed and sure enough when the shop was done they checked and it was exactly as before the job. So I would guess no alignment needed
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 03:53 AM   #6
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!
I had read one wouldn't be needed and sure enough when the shop was done they checked and it was exactly as before the job. So I would guess no alignment needed
Sounds good, I may need one as my rear camber was at -1.5 and I want it at -1 or less.

Does anyone know if I Should I have loosened the front lower control arm and anything else to let the suspension settle and then torque with weight loaded?

The front doesn't seem to have achieved the full drop and is slight higher than rear is and the eibach pro kit is supposed to completely fix the rake on the xi and mine is still there yet the rear has actually went past a inch.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 03:54 AM   #7
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Here is a picture of the car and also the strut compressed on full weight of the car. Does it look compressed like it should or is it being held back by pre load?. Any thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #8
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
did you re-use your top hats or replace with new? some report that newer top hats raise the car a little.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 05:30 AM   #9
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

I really hope you trimmed the stock bump stops, pic looks like they were not in front at least.

SP lowering perches do not fit XI top hats.

XI front lower perch is higher than non XI so when you use non XI springs you always get a rear rake.

These topics and many more are discussed over and over in the XI section.

You are correct about on thing, the Eibachs are much softer springs than OEM XI. However what Eibach says about the drop does not apply here as these are not XI springs.

Last edited by ajsalida; 01-18-2014 at 05:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #10
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs
did you re-use your top hats or replace with new? some report that newer top hats raise the car a little.
I trimmed the rear bump stop one inch. Eibach instructions said to trim rear only.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #11
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida
I really hope you trimmed the stock bump stops, pic looks like they were not in front at least.

SP lowering perches do not fit XI top hats.

XI front lower perch is higher than non XI so when you use non XI springs you always get a rear rake.

These topics and many more are discussed over and over in the XI section.

You are correct about on thing, the Eibachs are much softer springs than OEM XI. However what Eibach says about the drop does not apply here as these are not XI springs.
Even tho it's an xi many on the boards said the eibach fixes the front rake and levels the car. It's supposed to be a 1.4 front and 1 rear drop for sedan. The XI specific spring made by H&R are 1.3 drop front and 1.2. Drop rear which makes the rake much worse since it drops the rear more and the front less.

I just wish the front would settle. It's a heavier car in the front so it should drop more.

I suppose I could buy "i" struts and get "i" hats when u do my shock and struts. This would work right?

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #12
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Read some more in the XI section.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
I did and that's what it's says. So I checked my struts and I think I am riding on the bump stops in the front. I can't slide it down with the dust boot or up. It's right at the bump stop I believe.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #14
thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
I did and that's what it's says. So I checked my struts and I think I am riding on the bump stops in the front. I can't slide it down with the dust boot or up. It's right at the bump stop I believe.
"i" struts will not fit an xi vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #15
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Quote:
How did your car end up? Any more pics?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #16
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Found an excellent solution and now it's low and rides good!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #17
tambat
Do it for a living.
Rep
Drives: F80 MG M3 m/t

Quote:
what was the solution?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #18
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambat
Quote:
what was the solution?
Check my other thread in the X I section

Appreciate 0