E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

03-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #1915
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
good question - i dunno, does it? was it possible to order w/o sport package but WITH paddles? i can give that a shot.
Must have sports package to order this additional option.

Check it out.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #1916
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeWide View Post
Have the same problem, INPA and EDIABAS dont work anyway...
Can you tell me if you have the two black dots when you turn ignition ON ?

And if yes, when you try to open a module ( Airbag for exemple) you've got an error ? ( please tell what is the error code)

I'm beginning to think that some of the cables from this vendor are defective...
If you have 2 black circles then you should be fine to proceed with NCSexpert. I tried opening airbag module w/ INPA like the DIY showed but it threw me an error as well. In fact I couldn't do anything with INPA IIRC.
      03-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #1917
outie
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
No. The battery button turns black, but not the ignition one.

Double-checked that because the first time I actually did forget to push the Start/Stop button

Only one program running at a time.

So, I loaded everything on my MacBook Pro under Parallels (Windows 7 32-bit) and I was able to connect to the car. I was also able to pull the CAS and now have at least a backup copy of my car's CAS module. I attempted to read the FRM and NFRM modules but no luck. I get the error message below.
Did you update the EDIABAS/ecu folder with newer daten files? Did you make a copy of the ecu folder that came with your original EDIABAS?

If so, look at the .prg file that NCSexpert is using and restore the .prg file back to the ecu folder that came with your original EDIABAS package. This solves the version error. BTW you are supposed to select the FRM/NFRM (whichever module you have in the car) after you have selected the CAS ecu, not the FRM/NFRM that show up in the ecu pop up window along with CAS.
      03-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #1918
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Must have sports package to order this additional option.

Check it out.
Rrrrrrrreally. Very interesting. So check this out. I am looking at rubdom's VO that he posted earlier, and the only "sports" related things are (that are NOT part of my VO):

$481 - SPORTS SEAT
$704 - SPORTS SUSPENSION

that can't be the sports package, can it?
      03-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #1919
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Rrrrrrrreally. Very interesting. So check this out. I am looking at rubdom's VO that he posted earlier, and the only "sports" related things are (that are NOT part of my VO):

$481 - SPORTS SEAT
$704 - SPORTS SUSPENSION

that can't be the sports package, can it?

Yea I noticed that too when I was comparing the VO to the my list.

One way to find out :-)

I wonder if that VO also increases the Top Speed...ohhh man that would be sweet.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #1920
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Yea I noticed that too when I was comparing the VO to the my list.

One way to find out :-)

I wonder if that VO also increases the Top Speed...ohhh man that would be sweet.
I wonder what P330A is. On the VO list it says Sport Package - but wtf is P? Maybe it's a Mini Cooper VO?

I wish I had a place to test top speed while I'm at it. The way it is now, I am afraid I'd rip my wheels off on our roads.
      03-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #1921
outie
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Speaking of speed limit, do you have this w/o sports pkg?
W 840 HIGH_SPEED //HOCHGESCHWINDIGKEITSABSTIMMUNG PA016/239

Just wondering what that is.
      03-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #1922
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I wonder what P330A is. On the VO list it says Sport Package - but wtf is P? Maybe it's a Mini Cooper VO?

I wish I had a place to test top speed while I'm at it. The way it is now, I am afraid I'd rip my wheels off on our roads.
Nice find.

Not sure is P330A= $330 in our VO list when entered in ncs.

For example..for xenon lights, the list shows S522A but when entered in NCS, it should be entered as $522.

Should be the same way for P330A
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #1923
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
Speaking of speed limit, do you have this w/o sports pkg?
W 840 HIGH_SPEED //HOCHGESCHWINDIGKEITSABSTIMMUNG PA016/239

Just wondering what that is.
I do _not_ have this w/o sports. I wonder what that is? "HIGH SPEED SYNCHRONISATION" it seems to be called, whatever the hell that is.

Wonder if there is a list of VOs that comprise ZSP? I am thinking 2XA, 481, 704 and 840 ... perhaps.
      03-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #1924
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

I just realised that I probably shouldn't add $704 because xi's do NOT have a different suspension when they get ZSP.

Does anyone out there have a 335xi pre-LCI WITH paddles that can dump their VO?
      03-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #1925
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I just realised that I probably shouldn't add $704 because xi's do NOT have a different suspension when they get ZSP.

Does anyone out there have a 335xi pre-LCI WITH paddles that can dump their VO?
Yea..good catch.

I still feel that 2XA should be the only VO required for this option.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #1926
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Yea..good catch.

I still feel that 2XA should be the only VO required for this option.
I actually tend to agree. But I did add that, and it made no difference. So I don't understand what's up. It could be the wiring ... but I'm fairly certain it's proper. Hrm.
      03-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #1927
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Anyone have any ideas to disable the clutch when starting?

There is ANLASSSPERRE_BLS which translates to "Block Start - Brake Light Switch"

On manual cars this is disabled because you use the clutch. On automatic cars and DCT cars it is set to active.

On an automatic car if you disable it the ignition never fully turns off. So this may have to be removed from the spreadsheet.

However, when setting this to active on a manual car - you must press the brake AND clutch to start the car. This means that there is some other related function on automatic/DCT cars.

I was able to find ANLASSERSPERRE_KPS which I assume is "block start clutch pedal switch" and it is set to active on my 08 M3 6MT. However, setting it to disabled doesn't have any effect - I still have to press the clutch to start the car.

Any ideas?

Also - the window stopping function when you open the doors works. However, if you use remote up/remote down from the key and open the door, it will stop. Anyone know if there is a subsequent function that controls the stopping when doing it from the key?

I also notice that ERROR_EJECT and KOMFORT_EJECT have been X'ed on the spreadsheet to work with all of the model years. I have tried it on many different models and haven't had it work once. I think that that function is limited to cars such as the E65 that have extra electronics up there to physically eject the key. Maybe this should be removed from the spreadsheet as well or the X's removed.

Take care everyone!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #1928
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
Anyone have any ideas to disable the clutch when starting?

There is ANLASSSPERRE_BLS which translates to "Block Start - Brake Light Switch"

On manual cars this is disabled because you use the clutch. On automatic cars and DCT cars it is set to active.

On an automatic car if you disable it the ignition never fully turns off. So this may have to be removed from the spreadsheet.

However, when setting this to active on a manual car - you must press the brake AND clutch to start the car. This means that there is some other related function on automatic/DCT cars.

I was able to find ANLASSERSPERRE_KPS which I assume is "block start clutch pedal switch" and it is set to active on my 08 M3 6MT. However, setting it to disabled doesn't have any effect - I still have to press the clutch to start the car.

Any ideas?

Also - the window stopping function when you open the doors works. However, if you use remote up/remote down from the key and open the door, it will stop. Anyone know if there is a subsequent function that controls the stopping when doing it from the key?

I also notice that ERROR_EJECT and KOMFORT_EJECT have been X'ed on the spreadsheet to work with all of the model years. I have tried it on many different models and haven't had it work once. I think that that function is limited to cars such as the E65 that have extra electronics up there to physically eject the key. Maybe this should be removed from the spreadsheet as well or the X's removed.

Take care everyone!
KOMFORT_EJECT works on my '08. I don't have comfort access.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #1929
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Whoa, wtf. Interesting finding... it seems S840A should not be taken lightly, perhaps. Some people on a Russian forum (which are FAR more advanced than us in terms of NCS Expert - most of the craze started there) are claiming that S840A is related to the secondary oil cooler; its presence signifies the presence of an oil cooler, but furthermore that it also raises the speed limiter from 210 to 237 and modifies some engine parameters to handle hot weather better. It, however, "causes slightly higher fuel consumption and slightly less power, but usually the difference won't be noticed by the customer".

Guess I'm not coding that. The ECUs listed on realoem.com seem to differ depending on whether you have this option or not.
      03-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #1930
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
KOMFORT_EJECT works on my '08. I don't have comfort access.
Can you explain exactly what it does and how to verify if it works or not?

It doesn't do anything at all on my 08 with CA.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #1931
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
Did you update the EDIABAS/ecu folder with newer daten files? Did you make a copy of the ecu folder that came with your original EDIABAS?

If so, look at the .prg file that NCSexpert is using and restore the .prg file back to the ecu folder that came with your original EDIABAS package. This solves the version error. BTW you are supposed to select the FRM/NFRM (whichever module you have in the car) after you have selected the CAS ecu, not the FRM/NFRM that show up in the ecu pop up window along with CAS.
I did update the EDIABAS/ecu folder with newer daten files. I did not make a copy of the original ecu folder. Can't I just reinstall with the original files? I haven't performed any coding or anything yet.

I did select the FRM/NFRM module after going through the CAS ecu. Side note, both FRM and NFRM showed up after selecting the CAS ecu. Does that mean my car has both?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #1932
outie
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
I did update the EDIABAS/ecu folder with newer daten files. I did not make a copy of the original ecu folder. Can't I just reinstall with the original files? I haven't performed any coding or anything yet.

I did select the FRM/NFRM module after going through the CAS ecu. Side note, both FRM and NFRM showed up after selecting the CAS ecu. Does that mean my car has both?
Just extract the .prg files from the original ecu folder to your current ecu folder.

No, I also have FRM and NFRM show up in the ecu list but I only have NFRM. Just ignore them on the ecu list. You can't have both in the car, 1 is older version of the foot well module and the other is newer version.
      03-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #1933
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
Can you explain exactly what it does and how to verify if it works or not?

It doesn't do anything at all on my 08 with CA.
When I turn off the engine by holding down the Stop/Start button, the key is automatically ejected. I don't have to push it in to get it to come out - I can just pull it out.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #1934
Showsol2211
Blacked out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Can anyone confirm that this works with 2006 330xi?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TRK:MEBOFFX:IT

I have messaged the seller, but haven't received a response.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #1935
woodpecka
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91

why not?

yes it works.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #1936
Showsol2211
Blacked out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpecka View Post
why not?

yes it works.
Thats exactly what I want to hear! I was just confused because some say that it doesn't work with anything pre 2007. I want to order this because my retrofitted alarm is really quiet. Apparently there is a setting to crank it up a tad?
Appreciate 0