E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Shop recommendation for Chicagoland

04-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #23
AceOnShake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Anthony goes above and beyond to help each and every costumer. Seems like your affiliated with a shop and just want to give bad information. Ill text anthony this thread if you'd like and talk to you personally if this is true.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #24
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentegoE90 View Post
Anthony goes above and beyond to help each and every costumer. Seems like your affiliated with a shop and just want to give bad information. Ill text anthony this thread if you'd like and talk to you personally if this is true.
Anthony is a very stand up guy, no problems with him and nothing bad to say. Everyone has there option on where to take there car. But I respect what Anthony does and the support he offers many members!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #25
ImolaM
Rep
Drives: M

Is that suppose to be a threat Montego?
I am in no way bashing Anthony or what he does or the quality. It was MY experience I had at the business in all ... I talked to him once during this time, and voiced that I was not happy so go ahead.

If you read I said they do great paint work so I am not bashing their quality work, and I WOULD go back if it were handled differently. BUT who I was handled by I was not happy with, and I said Anthony was not around at the times I needed some type of answer. I am not "with" a shop nor do I care.. I voiced my opinion about a thread for chicagoland shops and my experience with A&L... calm down

Last edited by ImolaM; 04-02-2014 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #26
tambat
Do it for a living.
Rep
Drives: F80 MG M3 m/t

i think its important to hear the good and the bad. not every shop is going to be on point 100% of the time, and people's experiences will vary. imolam didn't have the best experience with a&l but he is still willing to give them another shot. that, mixed with the many other favorable reviews i have read about them, i wouldn't hesitate to bring my car in to them if i ever need it. otherwise, i'd give another +1 to Aspec, i had a great experience there recently.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #27
ImolaM
Rep

Thank you Tambat, if or when I do go back to A&L I will be speaking directly to Anthony and not having another party handling me, not going to name names because they are still employed there.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #28
AceOnShake
Lieutenant
Rep

Well val is the only guy there and his father that works with people. A threat? No not at all I was merely suggesting if your not satisfied with whatever happened to you he will make it right. He goes above and beyond to make his costumers happy.

I'm not implying that A&L doesn't make mistakes but thats the only shop I trust with all my bmw related stuff.

He gives you personal texts and exactly whats going on with the vehicle and if something else needs replacing he will never push it but will suggest doing it if its a must.

ASPEC I have nothing to say about them because I never heard of them.

Way too many politics about shops. A&L is my #1 choice or the dealer. Those are the only shops that can touch my car.

What kind of Imola M do you have? I want to see pics! Please tell me its an e39 M5..lol
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #29
ImolaM
Rep

Maybe its because It wasn't a BMW, they didn't want anything to do with a full race built Wrx. Since you dropped the name, yes Val is who I am speaking of and I will never deal with him again. I could go into great detail but I won't jeopardize his "professional" standing. From the grape vine/I've heard and talked to people who had similar issues with the same person.

I wish I had a better experience considering they do A+ quality work, and it was very hard to find a shop that could match a color only made for one year on a limited amount of cars.. (my old wrx)

If only it was an E39 M5... I picked up an E46 M3 about 4-5 months ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #30
AceOnShake
Lieutenant
Rep

If I had a Subi I would take it only to P&L since they specialize in them.
Nice my buddy has an imola e46 m3 as well. By any chance do you have one with bbs lm wheels with a drop?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #31
Virus
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LRP Edition

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
I recently had performance work done on my E92 335XI: DPs, JB4, exterior work etc @ Zima Motorsports.
I would like to share my personal experience:
1) Customer Relations: Steffan is a great guy to talk to and he has vast knowledge on BMWs. He kept me updated on every single step of work like from shipping to fitment and verified if I'm ok and explained pros & cons of what we are dealing there. All the people I met there are really good.
2)Price: I was researching around just like everyone and contacted some shops but I got the best price here.
3)Work: These guys are specialized in BMWs and I was convinced after I saw the work done on my car. They did it fast and perfect and also I did some vinyl work and that's really perfect too. Even after my car was done I stopped by couple of times and they helped me in optimizing my tune without any hassle.

All in all I had good experience and yeah this is my personal experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #32
ImolaM
Rep

Montego, I was in the subaru game for six years... I have different opinions on P&L and I did NOT take my subaru's there. I had a different preferred shop, or I would do work on my own.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #33
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Just got the car back today from A-spec. Brad, who worked on my car, did the great job one it and was even able to start working on the car on the weekend so I can have it back sooner. Will definitely go back if I ever pulled the trigger on the intercooler upgrade.

The install went pretty smooth, only two issues that we ran into, which was a brake line that was damaged during removal of subframe (the nut was pretty badly corroded after 5 years of DD) and the alignment shop wasn't able to get the front camber to be perfect with the Dinan camber plates that I have. One side is maxed out @ -2.6 while the other is at -1.6 as I requested. Not sure what the issue is really, but I will drive it for a few weeks to get everything settled, with a follow-up alignment afterward. Worst case scenario I will just have both sides set at around -2.0. However, I was wondering if it is possible to adjust the front camber through the control arm bolts too. Toe and rear alignment was perfect though.

With the m3 parts and new shocks and springs, car handles great. OEM performance is definitely firmer with much better damping than stock sport. The M3 bits does add a little bit of road noise, but I think it is a really minor trade off. Everything is much tighter feeling even at relatively low speed (was driving back through rush hour, with a trunk full of old parts). Will see how it really handles during the BMWCCA autocross school in May.

Last edited by Cloud9blue; 04-16-2014 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #34
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

The issue was front camber setup was solved. It is actually the local alignment shop's fault, as their machine was miscalibrated. Thalmann Alignment at Northbrook redid the alignment and now everything is good.

Have to give prop to Sean @ A-spec, he worked with me the whole time and covered the cost for the 2nd alignment.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #35
dak125
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 330Ci ZHP

I've used A&L for a few cars and I've always been pleased. They always have killer cars around the shop to check out too. Highly recommended.
Appreciate 0